post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Ah, a connoisseur I see. You must hate money. :laughing

I didn't even get a "furniture" version...I must hate traditions. :laughing

378279904_10228240998023931_2137181392302769927_n.jpg

Over the years I've managed to leave my garage door open overnight; luckily nothing has been stolen, motorcycles, car, e'bike etc.

I decided to find a "dummy, the garage door is open" device and came across this which while a little spendy works as advertised.

Good for peace of mind. Transmitter is attached to door and is off when vertical and on when horizontal; double sided tape is all you need and it comes with it.

Transmitter has no problem working through garage wall into TV room and in my case sits next to the entry to the garage from the TV room.

When garage door is open a red light flashes (it has a beeper you can enable if you wish) and when it is closed the light is off.

Attachments

• Garage minder (1).JPG
    Garage minder (1).JPG
    810.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Garage minder (2).JPG
    Garage minder (2).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • Garage minder (3).JPG
    Garage minder (3).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
Decided to get a daily driver for our family.
Not the most powerful but very efficient and comfortable.
That’s the new Crown right? Been curious about those. I believe Toyota discontinued Avalon to replace it with the Crown. Is it really roomy inside?

That’s the new Crown right? Been curious about those. I believe Toyota discontinued Avalon to replace it with the Crown. Is it really roomy inside?
Yes. It’s the Crown. Very roomy and quiet.
Even with the 21” wheels the ride is very smooth. Very Lexus like.
Some folks complain about the car not being roomy enough for tall people but we find it fine. Also some people complain about the CVT but it really doesn’t bother us, we’re happy getting over 40mpg average.

Decided to get a daily driver for our family.
Not the most powerful but very efficient and comfortable.
I think it looks ok though some say the looks are "polarizing."

Congrats.

So you got the standard engine?

Probably the right move.

Hopefully you have a garage to thwart the catalytic converter thieves though I read about that kind of theft a bit less now.

Once inside, you'll find yourself in a premium cabin that wouldn't look out of place in a Lexus, with quality materials and a restrained design. All Crowns are hybrids, and most models come with a 236-hp powertrain, which surprised us with 42 mpg in our highway fuel-economy testing. To uncork the Crown's max performance, though, go with the top-spec Platinum trim, which swaps in a 340-hp hybrid system with a turbocharged four-cylinder. It's less fuel efficient, but way quicker.

I think it looks ok though some say the looks are "polarizing."

Congrats.

So you got the standard engine?

Probably the right move.

Hopefully you have a garage to thwart the catalytic converter thieves though I read about that kind of theft a bit less now.
Yup. We went with the standard engine. Enough for a daily car.
We live in the sticks so no issues with thieves.

Reactions: GAJ
So, the day I purchased this lens, while I was at the garage I did some still photo comparison test, too.

The lens:LegendaryCanon FD80mm F1.2 “L”

DSCF2536 by T K, on Flickr

[The video performance part is in my short film / fillmmaking thread.]

[Backstory]
So, I’ve been trying NOT to buy things I don’t really need for my day to day life.
And, to be honest, I’ve been doing pretty good.
(After March 31st, I’ve spent a whole lot less than befor…)

“Create,rather than consume”, someone on Youtube said that.
I don’t remember who it was… (could be Peter McKinnon, but not sure…)

But this one, I couldn’t resist.
The last day of my “2-month time off”, I was drinking my first cup of coffee in the morning, while casually browsing through Craigslist ads.
And, I saw the title,

“CanonFD 80mm F1.2 L $695”

That particular ad was from Seawood photo in San Rafael, which is “kind of” my go to camera store. (Have been their customer for roughly 20 years or so…)

Five out of six FD lenses I own, I purchased from them, over the period of longtime. (I’m not a vintage lens collector, I’m a vintage lens shooter, so normally don’t actively look for some particular lenses on eBay, etc.)

Dimly lit garage

[Note]
The camera is Fuji X-T4, all my FD lenses are used with Metabones Speed Booster.(So 80mm is an 80mm, not 80 x 1.5.)

Focused on Ducati logo on the tank, standing far back

Fuji X100V (35mm equivalent, f2)
DSCF2525 by T K, on Flickr

Canon FD35mm f2 concave+Speed Booster

35mm_F2_2 by T K, on Flickr

Canon FD50mm f1.4+Speed Booster

50mm_F1.4_1 by T K, on Flickr

Focused on me
(In all the photos, the distance between myself and the S4R is the same)

Canon FD35mm f2 concave + Speed Booster
35mm_X2 by T K, on Flickr

Canon FD50mm f1.4 + Speed Booster
50mm_F1.4_4 by T K, on Flickr
50mm_F1.4_5 by T K, on Flickr

Canon FD80mm F1.2 + Speed Booster
80mm_1 by T K, on Flickr
80mm_2 by T K, on Flickr

Yeah, so there's a reason why I film myself mostly with 50mm.
I just don't like the way I look with wide angle lenses.

The funny story about this "focal length that I prefer (to film myself)".
Today, I was at my new work (the brand new restaurant that's just about going to open.
The owner hired the professional photographer, to shoot both foods AND people (including myself).
While I was being photographed, we were talking about casually, and when I mentioned about my lens choices for Youtube video creating, he said "let me switch to 85mm lens".
Only my photos were shot with 85mm. (All the others, including the owner, were shot with 50mm).

Funky Squirrel Aspect, is that the name of your new band?
it would be metal for sure. that little shit has a crazy loud snorty exhaust. have termi’s on everything else, so don’t have an issue with ‘robust’ exhaust notes, but that much sound coming out of something that small is almost embarrassing. almost - lol. in any event, it’s crazy fun to buzz around on.

Updated my action camera. My GoPro is so old it just says GoPro, does not have a number. Gave it to the grand kids to take videos in their pool.
Got a DJI Action 4 adventure kit, a DJI mic2 and various mounts and tripods. Hope I get some decent video of my upcoming trip to the Alps.

IMG_8822.jpeg

Back