• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I’ve driven 14 hours in a day a couple of times. You’re kinda in zombie mode by the time you reach your destination.

I’ve done that a few tim s. I don’t thinkI have it in me anymore.

4:26 yo!

good morning!
Back on the tractor.

I haven’t. That’s a big drive. 7:27 yo!

-

Screw you Apple why do i pay 0.99 per month for your cloud? Someone tricked me into this. You can’t even capitalize properly!

Called my mom yesterday for Mother's Day.

At one point she recalled how black people weren't allowed in her small hometown after dark; and a bit later in the conversation told me that we should go back to when America had better morals...like when she was a kid.

Fuckin boomers.

My old work buddy from ~17 years ago moved to Arizona and was looking at houses in surrounding Phoenix and in one of the little towns the realtor told him that it was a sundown town. Seems hard to think something would have actually happened after dark in the west not that long ago, but the town definitely carried a reputation.

Well there's the Monday morning (post) I didn't quite expect!!!!

(About that West Sacramento video which I saw the other day, it nearly looked as the shooter is very close to the videographer)

I haven’t. That’s a big drive. 7:27 yo!

It is? What's the longest drive in a day you've done? For me it was when I was stationed at Fort Sill and used to sign out on leave at midnight and be at my family's home in Southern California by 7:00 PM the same day. I was a lot younger back then, though. :laughing

My old work buddy from ~17 years ago moved to Arizona and was looking at houses in surrounding Phoenix and in one of the little towns the realtor told him that it was a sundown town. Seems hard to think something would have actually happened after dark in the west not that long ago, but the town definitely carried a reputation.

I didn't realize Mesa was considered a little town now. :laughing :later

Called my mom yesterday for Mother's Day.

At one point she recalled how black people weren't allowed in her small hometown after dark; and a bit later in the conversation told me that we should go back to when America had better morals...like when she was a kid.

Fuckin boomers.

My dad was telling me a while ago how horrible one of the next door neighbors was when I was little. The guy would brag about how it used to be a sundown town and there would be cross burnings.

“That man was a mean old cuss,” were my dad’s exact words. I feel lucky that while my parents are boomers, they don’t share the same sentiments as most boomers.

Last edited:
My dad was telling me a while ago how horrible one of the next door neighbors was when I was little. The guy would brag about how it used to be a sundown and there would be cross burnings.

“That man was a mean old cuss,” were my dad’s exact words. I feel lucky that while my parents are boomers, they don’t share the same sentiments as most boomers.

Boomers = celebrate cross burnings? :wtf

Boomers = celebrate cross burnings? :wtf

he literally said in the same post not all boomers are

apparently

like that.

:wow

-

fk just missed the one non-professional meeting I had. :wtf I blame it on calendar and weather :wow

Not necessarily but it seems as boomers and gen X has aged there is more racism creeping in. Or it may just be a sign of the times.

I've heard through the years that the older someone gets, the more conservative they tend to become. I don't exactly know how well substantiated that is (probably isn't), but I've heard it more than a few times. Hell, I've seen it with regards to my dad (a boomer) especially. The guy has been a registered democrat and voted that way for as long as I can remember, but the older he gets the more his opinions have tended to shift to the right in terms of the political spectrum. Perhaps there's some possible correlation there as well with people getting older and becoming less tolerant of other folks that don't look/act like they do. Maybe it's just the environments they choose to live in? :dunno

he literally said in the same post not all boomers are

apparently

like that.

:wow

And he also said his parents' tolerant views were not shared by most boomers which I can't agree with to be honest.

Even my "conservative" friends would think the idea horrific.

There's plenty of boomers on FARF ontg in the polisnk and I suspect they might have the same thoughts as I.

But maybe I live in a dream world.

Could be a function of where you live. Where I grew up might as well be the Deep South now as far as attitudes go.

I've heard through the years that the older someone gets, the more conservative they tend to become. I don't exactly know how well substantiated that is (probably isn't), but I've heard it more than a few times. Hell, I've seen it with regards to my dad (a boomer) especially. The guy has been a registered democrat and voted that way for as long as I can remember, but the older he gets the more his opinions have tended to shift to the right in terms of the political spectrum. Perhaps there's some possible correlation there as well with people getting older and becoming less tolerant of other folks that don't look/act like they do. Maybe it's just the environments they choose to live in? :dunno

From an economic standpoint, people tend to want to keep what they have worked for and be able to pass wealth on to their kids.

From an economic standpoint, people tend to want to keep what they have worked for and be able to pass wealth on to their kids.

The government isn’t going to be what takes all that, end of life care will make sure we all die with nothing to pass on. :laughing

I believe it has more to do with population expansion and what gets lost as the numbers increase. I read a fantastic article about the “Cowboy American” vs the true “American Cowboy.” Leaning towards polo sink so that’s all I can say about that.

It’s warm up here. I have the old pool broken down and will fold up the torn liner to use as a cover for the wood pile.

Back