• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I’m prepping for a colonoscopy and am not currently happy in the pants.

wjnsK9.gif

I hate that so many providers are switching to CO2 now for colonoscopy insufflation instead of air. The CO2 is highly absorbable by the body and that removes all the fun you get to have tooting up a storm and making hilarious videos for Bookface and such. :thumbdown

I hate that so many providers are switching to CO2 now for colonoscopy insufflation instead of air. The CO2 is highly absorbable by the body and that removes all the fun you get to have tooting up a storm and making hilarious videos for Bookface and such. :thumbdown

This morning the nurse asked me, “What did your last bowel movement look like?”

“Water.”

Slept in, got a workout in, missed out on all the butt stuff apparently. I'm planning on ignoring the fact that I probably am developing carpal tunnel as I prep for the Nevada BDR next week, but I'll at least go get a wrist brace for sleeping in.

This afternoon the DRZ gets new tires installed and I'll have another set of half worn tires in the garage. I think I need to see if I can give those away to anyone who commutes and wants to roast 'em. It's becoming apparently I'll never put the used ones back on most likely.

What tires are they? Mine are so friggin old, I should replace them. But the bike is a pos and I barely ride it so spending money on tires is not at the top of the list

I got a used D606 coming off the rear, only about halfway done, I'd certainly still run it for a while, but it'll be toast well before we are halfway through the BDR since we are slabbing it there. I have a few different fronts, track master and a pirelli MT21, but I see you have an SM so unless you got dirt wheels you're out of luck.

okay, delivery arrived, have oil, but started replacing the air filter since I probably had to remove the airbox to change the transmission later (airbox was already opened/unscrewed.) So, just reminded myself why I absolutely hate the airbox clamp..... had to find my oldest biggest tool

the small ones weren't "cutting" it. : | 🥁

AP1GczPok_0L6fLC12OIFMjCd30qUBuwqCUC-ZuC9Ep8mPYdg4kj6rePJuZrQqQt4BKPt8n-XDQcZVwSwnULj9d8IU59vZerYDzkGDuUxbVZrkSCODOiwfy4USWMIJ5qAmpe-9O4E4ReUFqKVI_Z0EtuHrh8Yg=w533-h947-s-no

AP1GczMxTGEc2dmoGoVBz5c5iRh6BVHxDVXM9XHh4Z11dgtlgyQSR8LSHPQJXeqLwMQ0sM1ichGLYUWsFZpR0UCXYLMe7MKULctnDcYdmWra_EoSXClO6pIMbJcqFIlpY8BPJYdIUc2lyNIHbuA_mI7Uwr8ZgA=w1560-h878-s-no

PS. also vacuumed some sand from the inside the airbox/under this filter. It's so many little things. : |

... now... shall I continue trying to put the car on for stands.. takes forever to do it perfectly, due to clearances (and/or tools one has). Or should I just sit on the Internet. :confused

Last edited:
I've been sitting on the internet instead of working on my resume, waste of time, but yeah I think the prep work before actually doing work on a vehicle is always cumbersome.

okay, delivery arrived, have oil, but started replacing the air filter since I probably had to remove the airbox to change the transmission later (airbox was already opened/unscrewed.) So, just reminded myself why I absolutely hate the airbox clamp..... had to find my oldest biggest tool

the small ones weren't "cutting" it. : | 🥁

AP1GczPok_0L6fLC12OIFMjCd30qUBuwqCUC-ZuC9Ep8mPYdg4kj6rePJuZrQqQt4BKPt8n-XDQcZVwSwnULj9d8IU59vZerYDzkGDuUxbVZrkSCODOiwfy4USWMIJ5qAmpe-9O4E4ReUFqKVI_Z0EtuHrh8Yg=w533-h947-s-no

AP1GczMxTGEc2dmoGoVBz5c5iRh6BVHxDVXM9XHh4Z11dgtlgyQSR8LSHPQJXeqLwMQ0sM1ichGLYUWsFZpR0UCXYLMe7MKULctnDcYdmWra_EoSXClO6pIMbJcqFIlpY8BPJYdIUc2lyNIHbuA_mI7Uwr8ZgA=w1560-h878-s-no

PS. also vacuumed some sand from the inside the airbox/under this filter. It's so many little things. : |

... now... shall I continue trying to put the car on for stands.. takes forever to do it perfectly, due to clearances (and/or tools one has). Or should I just sit on the Internet. :confused

You need these
Gearwrench_82115_Cable_Hose_Clamp_Pliers_2.jpg

I’ve had two endoscopy’s and was wide awake during both. The first one wasn’t even sedated cause the nurse couldn’t get the needle in my vein and the Dr was on a tight schedule. Made for a very unpleasant experience.

Second one was sedated but still fully alert throughout the process and drove myself home afterwords which I was warned not to do but didn’t feel impacted in the slightest.

You need these
Gearwrench_82115_Cable_Hose_Clamp_Pliers_2.jpg

Cool

I'm actually afraid of removing the rest of the air box (tray) and intake. As you can see the top was already removed. I wonder if I can pull the DSG filter through that hole near the top. Already tried, my hand is able to go there....

Edit: aaah it’s probably easy we’ll see

Last edited:
Oh that is a neat tool, reminds me that I want to get a big ol' button adjustable wrench after using one at CCSF and making quick work of an over tightened oil filter on my Ducati.

Well no real resume progress, but I did buy a wrist brace and helped my buddy with his front tire then installed the new rear on my DRZ before we ran out of daylight.

Back