• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Cool

I'm actually afraid of removing the rest of the air box (tray) and inlet. As you can see the top was already removed. I wonder if I can pull the DSG filter through that hole near the top. Already tried, my hand is able to go there....

that tool looks like the one they used on tzrider's butt.

:laughing

Now we know the people who were asleep , probably had that tool used unto them during the process …

… the rest who claim were awake are probably fakers!

I have that tool. With that and a mirror, I could have saved a bundle.

man, let's buy a pallet from harbor freight, pair them with some opera length 7mm rubber gloves and a quart of industrial lubricant and repackage them as a DIY colonoscopy kit. we'll be thousand-aires.

what was disturbing about my last colonoscopy was the pictures were in color

Getting some French toast in my belly (SO Made) and preparing to put one or two jacks on the subframe to lift the front.

Then I'll unscrew 11 screws.

Then I think wiping off the bottom of the transmission... Hope a leak is visible layer. Then.. continue with transmission oil change

---
Sadly :mad noises from neighbor woke me up at 5:40 :mad so already pretty tired :(

Last edited:
Gooood morning! Home from Yep and what’s going on here?
More butt talk ��

Working on getting the house ready for sale, I need to replace some 2x6x10ft sticks on the deck. Problem is, I think it was built with this, but it's not available in Auburn or even Reno. Probably a california chemical thing. I can only get this, which there will be no way to match with the other boards unless I paint the deck, which it needs to be refinished, so I'm not opposed to that, except everything I've read says that painting your deck or using solid stain....sucks. Alternatively, I built some steps with regular fir and they've held up really well for 11 years and I only finished them once when they were new, so I'm tempted to just use fir and then use brightener on the rest of the deck to hopefully get those boards close, then try to use varying amounts of coats on the old or new boards to match as close as I can. So what says barf, pressure treated and paint, or fir and semi-transparent stain?

Coffee time, slept with a wrist brace last night, definitely helped with the symptoms, so while riding is certainly the root cause, the way I sleep is making things worse / preventing recovery. I guess my throttle hand gets a brace for sleeping from here on out :nchantr

Cool

I'm actually afraid of removing the rest of the air box (tray) and intake. As you can see the top was already removed. I wonder if I can pull the DSG filter through that hole near the top. Already tried, my hand is able to go there....

Edit: aaah it’s probably easy we’ll see

I wouldn't pull a filter through the airbox, wouldn't that risk fluid dripping into the airbox which, I assume, would cause all sorts of problems with the intakes various sensors and whatnot?

Coffee makes me take a break. Like RN

Barely mid way to transmission change, managed to get the air intake completely out…(and found my two year old dropped fuse underneath.. :rofl )

Then, I saw the dangling brand new shiny harness in a heat resistant wrap, over the rubber wrap of the steering rod (or could it be the left axle?) : | leftover dangling remnants from the latest Berkeley shop… :cry ...

It looks like it’s working (obviously) it’s just not fixed to anything and the bolt hole is visibly empty, with an awkwardly and tightly grommet floating above.

should've done that replacement at the SF shop in 2022:(

Last edited:
Well all I can say about that shop is I definitely know where NOT to take any vehicle of mine.

I wouldn't pull a filter through the airbox, wouldn't that risk fluid dripping into the airbox which, I assume, would cause all sorts of problems with the intakes various sensors and whatnot?

yeah , I removed it all (^ as above) but I was thinking "have a rag" and the drips are all going to be on plastic etc so... anyway scratch dt

--

here are the pics, of the harness that's out of it's groove (one with the "letters")

and closeups of the missing screw and dangling harness.
[Nu = NEW HARNESS, out of it's "GRoov"]
. Ru = rubber protector

What's that "hose" rubber protector called? Is that the axle or the tie-rod-protector-cover?

- anyway this harness works, even if dangling, so I'm gonna try to continue with draining and spinning the wheels -

Attachments

• Nhar-ogro.jpg
    Nhar-ogro.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Nhar-grom-schlauch.jpg
    Nhar-grom-schlauch.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Nhar-grom-schlauchBIG.jpg
    Nhar-grom-schlauchBIG.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Nhar-grom-schlauch-biggest.jpg
    Nhar-grom-schlauch-biggest.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Yeah looks like they just didn't finish the clean up. I bet that goorve has a slot for a zip tie to hold the wiring in place (pro-tip put it on snug, but not tight so it doesn't wear through things due to vibration. And that boot, I dunno what it is called, but, as long as it is in place and not cut all is well.

The little white piece is usually part of the harness. It's all taped in.

The rubber looks like steering rack boot.

Yep the white piece: that's what spiked my curiosity. I was like what's that white piece of garbage doing there let's scratch it off or vacuum it .

Then: oh it's stuck on! Oh, the cable next to it is actually off its groove!.. Then looked further down and saw the missing screw.

Well, it's definitely a hard screw to get to!! ... I know, it's a hard job. ...but I've also given them many many and then some much more money...:(

If it was easy we'd do it at home, it's hard so you pay a pro to, ideally, do it right. Sadly looks like the did it just barely enough.

Lunch break.
Oil drained (it has two plugs....inner , kind of like Inception ), filter changed. A little.mess when opening the filter, I did it at the wrong time and hurried. Mopped up with the blue towels...no biggie I suppose

Bottles filling up with a hose to the bottom right now.

The rubber looks like steering rack boot.

Gotcha. Here it is, I realized I can take picture from the wheel side...the dark black plastic of the new steering harness is visible

AP1GczOOCnho-Z6CxIGIzY_RKIFNnjP4_lJa8zMkptW_QnO5yzQihA2NIuOSfYYC2bUyTag0jYppVY6bMej_Rw_-kr-49vVl68_abtV-SJJO6lQFf5NRyMi396T_6eklXABhIWEMDaopT7z4ncRe_iD7zN7auA=w1080-h609-s-no-gm

The filter, opened. And I did try to suck in this brown consistence, too!!!

AP1GczMuNPk55p3VcjYvteAZKHb7wxWbP-KVGbLtcBH9GfOXUYokOwuLr_vUjacvKBd-K2BDxBYtMomES_ajAM7gbVBiJHI9DaiH_DmN9WZMup4GVJ2kPMd1dJvWhgiRnD_J94Iv6_gRv1X_bZNov6nDJcC9UQ=w1080-h1920-s-no-gm

Last edited:
Back