• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

horsies!

i rode the SMR today and holy mother of dog. that thing
:love:love:love

a car pulled up to me at a light, read my swingarm sticker, then the lady driving rolled her window down, cracked up and said she loved it. we giggled together, the light changed and the moment was over. then i rode the smr on the smr. i was like "i am gonna be mellow today" until i opened up that big sexy v-twin on the lagoon and then? i giggled a bunch more. traffic was light. lots of cars just plain pulled over. the road conditions were perfection for the most part.

then i spent hours floating in a pool, visited a friend in oakland and watched him make me a pair of spools for the 950, went to the wall to watch the fogset :laughing and ran into @Jalopyshoppe and now i am home and i had some ice cream. i am partial to straus' ice cream. today was an outstanding day.

Morning, all. I was out and about all weekend. Did anything newsworthy happen? :laughing
Yes, looks like the Tour De France is done and dusted.

In soccer Spain beat England and the Argentina vs Colombia game was delayed because of gate crashers but Argentina won.

That's pretty much it.

Did anything newsworthy happen? :laughing
Turned on my car and realized I'm smelling cooking oil the whole time.

That was weird because I recall making French toast TWO DAYS ago , and it wasn't in the car , either...

... Then I made a stop and when I turned the car on again, I realized it's not coming from the KFC...

...but from the car itself. Why. Why have oil spilled ? It was sitting for > 1 day.

We actually did have some annoyances over the weekend. Our house finally went live for a few hours, then we pulled it. Because our area of comp's is so small, it makes everything have much stronger than normal influence. For example, if someone's house in the bay comp's at $750k per Zillow's algorithm, there's so much data that no matter what you list your house for, $1 or $1M, it's not going to affect your own comp very much, if at all. Here, there are so few comp's, that it's greatly impacted. Real numbers are less, but let's say our house comp's at $$750k, we essentially tried to list it at $690k so that people would see that it's a killer deal and the trade for a killer deal is that we'd sell it fast in an area where homes typically move more slowly. Well, what listing at $690k did was drop our comp to $705k, so in trying to offer a good deal, we ended up making it look like a shit deal. After pulling it, the algorithm updated a day later, and even went up a few grand. So now we need to list above comp in order to make room for the summer up-trend to continue, but not too much as to artificially inflate the existing comp, and then find some way to convey what we really want for our house.

Real estate comps are BS as are vehicle cash value comps.
I'm angry this morning, had a friend respond to a fakebook post with a big "FUCK YOU" to me. It really felt like a slap as I often am on the other end of that friend's political opinions, and although I may disagree, I have never said Fuck you.

Not sure friendship will recover. Because I didn't like the pile on after their comment, I deleted my post. I imagine that will be viewed as a win rather than protection on their part. Sigh, it's an ugly world at the moment.

Headed into California's interior to look at trailers. So much for having a house :cry:

Sounds like you missed a perfect opportunity for a "NO U", or maybe even better because it makes less sense, would be, "NO U R".

Sounds like you missed a perfect opportunity for a "NO U", or maybe even better because it makes less sense, would be, "NO U R".
I did respond with an equal Fuck You but I am not that person and didn't want a flame war on my otherwise very domestic page.

I know everyone in real estate hates zillow, because they're a shit company that holds brokers hostage for manufactured fees, but extreme condition examples aside, their zestimate is really accurate. Plus, it has meaning to every idiot buyer out there, regardless of the reality. It's just a constraint people have to work within and for all the agents/brokers that complain about it, they've never gotten together to build a better site and all their little broker sites are shit, so...someday their lips should consider having a talk with their wallet and then fund a better site.

I know everyone in real estate hates zillow, because they're a shit company that holds brokers hostage for manufactured fees, but extreme condition examples aside, their zestimate is really accurate. Plus, it has meaning to every idiot buyer out there, regardless of the reality. It's just a constraint people have to work within and for all the agents/brokers that complain about it, they've never gotten together to build a better site and all their little broker sites are shit, so...someday their lips should consider having a talk with their wallet and then fund a better site.
In our area it is accurate.

I did respond with an equal Fuck You but I am not that person and didn't want a flame war on my otherwise very domestic page.
Yeah just let it sit and look for opportunities to do a little nice thing, some short but nice comment on a post, then see if it comes back. Repair always starts with these tiny little metaphorical handshakes. Just put out a pinky a week or two down the road and see what happens.

Yeah just let it sit and look for opportunities to do a little nice thing, some short but nice comment on a post, then see if it comes back. Repair always starts with these tiny little metaphorical handshakes. Just put out a pinky a week or two down the road and see what happens.
Normally I would say that's great advice but, in this case, telling a friend loudly and publicly to "Fuck You" is sort of the last straw. It's a friendship that offers very little value to me and although I will grieve a bit I don't have the energy to make any repairs. Channeling my inner Kurosexi.

Reactions: GAJ
Normally I would say that's great advice but, in this case, telling a friend loudly and publicly to "Fuck You" is sort of the last straw. It's a friendship that offers very little value to me and although I will grieve a bit I don't have the energy to make any repairs. Channeling my inner Kurosexi.
They made the decision for you.

FWIW, I am out there minimum of 8 hours a month working on protecting our diminishing rights to access to public lands. I sit outside and hustle people to send letters etc and encourage volunteer activities. My tolerance for people that piss and moan but fail to participate has dwindled to nil. I find it hypocritical and offensive really. /:rant

OK, sorry for the bad energy.

One of the trailers we are going to check out belongs to a professional rodeo cowboy. I'm excited to meet the guy.

yeah, I'm not sure why would anyone get-off on saying "Fuck you" to a "friend" on facebook. Can't recall that happening to me (much?)

like, this is what anyone you'd bully, and fight, while you were in middle school or whatever BS, would say. Soooo... WTF?

but once again, picking the "Friends" on FB carefully does help with that! i.e. "it is what you make of it" kinda thing

Also, prompt disconnect , if something close to 'fuck you' comes up .

Good afternoon, all. Fuck you, Gwynne!

(Kidding, I absolutely adore you :love )

Back