• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Poor guy AND HIS DOG were found dead in his car.

Gwynne, I saw that post and the response. Your post was fine, his post was the typical "Only my view point counts" post. When someone can post their political BS but get offended when you do (and make a joke about it), that's on them.

Also, I did look at your place and your neighbors place. That's a really nice setup you have, shitty neighbors are shitty

I might add that the same person gave me the ubiquitous "FUCK YOU" on this forum when I replied to a post about turning sensitive habitat for endangered species into more dirt bike area. Because apparently the view that we should turn everything into free range for destruction (even insanely sensitive habitat) with no regard for other users or stakeholders is fine to express freely., But to point out why it might not be the best idea is not.

I respect people's freedom to hold views that I do not share. I expect that same respect from them or, well, they can GFTS.

Goood morning hoerzeses!! :kiss What's happening in everyone's life? Report?

Andy, I was listening to some organ music and thought of you. I imagine when I am truly elderly (in my 90s or so) I will still think of you when I listen to an organ.
Back to work on the water...uggg.
Coffee this morning with dogs, one cat (Ted) and man-very pleasant.
Ordered Starlink for Yep and looking into solar powah for the monster 5th wheel.

Goood morning hoerzeses!! :kiss What's happening in everyone's life? Report?

Andy, I was listening to some organ music and thought of you. I imagine when I am truly elderly (in my 90s or so) I will still think of you when I listen to an organ.
Back to work on the water...uggg.
Coffee this morning with dogs, one cat (Ted) and man-very pleasant.
Ordered Starlink for Yep and looking into solar powah for the monster 5th wheel.
I have starlink. My Internerd in Oregon is faster than the Internerd at the apartment in SF.

My coworker brought me coffee!

Bonerov, reporting-in. Just surviving the heat and humidity out here in St. Louis. Yesterday was 101 degrees and 90% humidity. It's going to rain all day today, so max temp is 87. Yay?
Other than that, life is going as well as it can. I miss my California peeps. :wave

Poor guy AND HIS DOG were found dead in his car.

Gwynne, I saw that post and the response. Your post was fine, his post was the typical "Only my view point counts" post. When someone can post their political BS but get offended when you do (and make a joke about it), that's on them.

Also, I did look at your place and your neighbors place. That's a really nice setup you have, shitty neighbors are shitty
I read about the man and dog. Very sad indeed. As for the other issue, it saddens me as it's a symptom of something greater going on.

Bonerov, reporting-in. Just surviving the heat and humidity out here in St. Louis. Yesterday was 101 degrees and 90% humidity. It's going to rain all day today, so max temp is 87. Yay?
Other than that, life is going as well as it can. I miss my California peeps. :wave
reading that made my hair puff up. :x

TWT, we went to starlink at the shop in St. Ralph and it has been a joy. I had Viastat up at Yep, metered and unreliable. When Starlink came up with the $299 hardware offer I went for it.

LB, aint nothing in the world like heat and huminity. I recall many day back East drinking and sweating.

TWT, we went to starlink at the shop in St. Ralph and it has been a joy. I had Viastat up at Yep, metered and unreliable. When Starlink came up with the $299 hardware offer I went for it.

LB, aint nothing in the world like heat and huminity. I recall many day back East drinking and sweating.
i had a cheapo satellite back in 2010. it sucked. starlink is amazing. i am super grateful to have such fast internet.

yesterday morning on my way to Sears Pt for a track day I stopped to check my load and locked myself out of the taco while it was running. Made the mistake of calling AAA, a truck will be there within a half an hour, half an hour later a truck will be there in 15 to 30 minutes, half an hour later we have not yet found a truck to answer your call. Roll the moto off the truck, ride home with no helmet or gear, get spare keys and back to the truck. Load moto back in truck and call AAA to cancel call. AAA says a truck is 4 minutes away. That's nearly an hour and a half response time. This is the second time in a year that I've called AAA for roadside assistance and because they are so slow I've found other ways to solve my problem. AAA is useless. Just made it to the riders meeting in time and had a really good track day.

I’ve used AAA for long distance tows. That’s why I keep it. Your AMA coverage is better for small stuff.

yesterday morning on my way to Sears Pt for a track day I stopped to check my load and locked myself out of the taco while it was running. Made the mistake of calling AAA, a truck will be there within a half an hour, half an hour later a truck will be there in 15 to 30 minutes, half an hour later we have not yet found a truck to answer your call. Roll the moto off the truck, ride home with no helmet or gear, get spare keys and back to the truck. Load moto back in truck and call AAA to cancel call. AAA says a truck is 4 minutes away. That's nearly an hour and a half response time. This is the second time in a year that I've called AAA for roadside assistance and because they are so slow I've found other ways to solve my problem. AAA is useless. Just made it to the riders meeting in time and had a really good track day.
I was stuck in Burns Oregon a few weeks back. I u-hauled my shit back. Paid a local guy $375 to drive me to Bend where I rented the truck and another $400 for the U haul + gas.

AAA was a joke.

AAA has always been about an hour and a half response for me. I think twice around San Mateo.

Once inSF, maybe was faster. I forgot, but maybe indeed was faster.

Great. So this morning an unleashed dog barked and nearly jumped at my daughter while we were walking on the sidewalk. And get this, besides unleashed, it wasn’t even in an off leash dog park. In fact not even in a park.
Just a grassy area on the side.

So now she’s a little more scared. Of golden retrievers to top it off…. And their male Birkenstock owners ? ;) :rofl

I stopped it by yelling no and displaying Teh Palm. ✋

If you want to get her a bit more unscathed we should set up a playdate with our house wolves. They are very scary looking but super sweet especially with children.

How's the 'hood look? And does the city help, like put 30-40yrd bins out in neighborhoods for people to throw stuff away?

what I've heard is AAA pays tow truck drivers less for AAA calls then they get paid for non AAA calls so that the drivers deprioritize AAA calls.

I drove a tow truck for a very brief period however many decades ago. Absolutely hated the job, but short local tows for AAA were a low fixed rate and the driver didn't make much on them, but the longer AAA tows were excellent money for the driver. Hookup and mileage was way higher for cash stuff, but the it's hit or miss whether the shop was actually going to be paid, and I don't recall the commission to the driver being exceptional. The gravy was always long tows for AAA. And if it's a pos car that the shop eventually liens, the amount they'd get for it never justified the time and expense and space taken up in the yard.

How's the 'hood look? And does the city help, like put 30-40yrd bins out in neighborhoods for people to throw stuff away?

Took an week to get power back, I got a home generator so I was okay, but pretty much the only house with lights on and a/c going for a while there. Wasn't just residential, Street lights and businesses out for a similar length of time. Half the city was without power.

No bins, everyone's trash is just lining the streets ATM. The city typically comes by after a storm and picks up any downed trees/branches/brush that you put out front. My neighborhood hasn't flooded since Harvey though and I didn't live here at the time (was here but in a travel trailer since NV was still my residence) so not sure what they're going to do with all the flood damaged personal belongings that are also outfront. We've had trash service since and they're not picking it up if it's not in a regular trash bin or in a trash bag. Will be interesting to see how long this shits gonna sit here. For context a month before this hurricane we had a tropical storm come through which downed a bunch of trees, and the city hasn't even picked all that stuff up yet.

Went to bed at midnight and all was pretty calm. Woke up to an ocean under my house lol

Back