• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Well it looks like we're about to go into escrow again, so I guess that's cool. Three viewings and three offers in writing, one before it was listed and two from about a six hour window of being listed before it was pulled. Seems pretty darn good for a rural property.

Took an week to get power back, I got a home generator so I was okay, but pretty much the only house with lights on and a/c going for a while there. Wasn't just residential, Street lights and businesses out for a similar length of time. Half the city was without power.

No bins, everyone's trash is just lining the streets ATM. The city typically comes by after a storm and picks up any downed trees/branches/brush that you put out front. My neighborhood hasn't flooded since Harvey though and I didn't live here at the time (was here but in a travel trailer since NV was still my residence) so not sure what they're going to do with all the flood damaged personal belongings that are also outfront. We've had trash service since and they're not picking it up if it's not in a regular trash bin or in a trash bag. Will be interesting to see how long this shits gonna sit here. For context a month before this hurricane we had a tropical storm come through which downed a bunch of trees, and the city hasn't even picked all that stuff up yet.

Went to bed at midnight and all was pretty calm. Woke up to an ocean under my house lol
Ohhhh right, I forgot about the good ol' days of just piling up leaves out front and the little side-scoopy tractor thing coming along and grabbing it. That was a nice service.

A week without power sucks. I start getting really sick of the sound of a generator after a day or so. Is your pretty quiet?

The flooding actually sound pretty neat! Your house is well protected iirc, but did the camaro survive ok?

Ohhhh right, I forgot about the good ol' days of just piling up leaves out front and the little side-scoopy tractor thing coming along and grabbing it. That was a nice service.

A week without power sucks. I start getting really sick of the sound of a generator after a day or so. Is your pretty quiet?

The flooding actually sound pretty neat! Your house is well protected iirc, but did the camaro survive ok?
loud AF, thankfully it's on the opposite side of the house than my bedroom. Unfortunately my neighbors is right across the fence line lol.

Put the camaro and tesla up on my lifts as high as they went so they were fine. Still have no clue how my truck survived, thought it was done for. I think because of how fast the water was moving when it was hitting my truck it looked higher than it was, but i opened the doors expecting wet nastyness and it was completely dry inside. Only bike i know that was completely submerged was that crf 110 i have because it was on its side when i finally got into the garage. Probably the 50 too since it's so short, but it never tipped over. Other bikes were still on the kick stands when i went down, hopefully stayed sealed up pretty well. Gonna pull the plugs out of them before I try to fire em up. If water got inside i'm sure the cylinders are all rusted up already so that sucks, but that's life i guess.

Lost a couple power tools and a torpedo heater. Probably a few saws i haven't tried plugging in yet. Home damage just seems to have been my gate and garage doors, mostly cuz of the sensors being under water though so hopefully quick fix. Just haven't gotten around to it all yet.

Dirt bikes should be okay. Was it saltwater? I'd fully rinse them off with the tank off, get the airbox and air filter all cleaned up and dry, pull the plug like you're saying, change the oil, fresh oil, run, one more oil change and you'd be good to go. And if you reeeeaaaally want to be nice to them, regrease the steering and linkage bearings., and spray the crap out of everything especially the spokes with wd40 and let that sit for a few days.

yes salt water, i pressure washed them all already. Plan was to start from the smallest bike and work my way up when it comes to pulling stuff apart. Pretty sure the 50 had water over the carb, and same with the 110. New cheapo chinese carb and clean out the fuel tank like you said SHOULD get me okay on the 50. 110 is FI so i'll just clean on the fuel tank and hope there's nothing to gunk up the injector in the line. The 250 is relatively tall compared to both those bikes so if there's no water when i open the plug and dump it out i think i'll just start it and hope for the best. Others should be fine.

I have had good luck with AAA, but maybe I have just been... lucky? A buddy of mine got a flat on our ride yesterday and we exhausted out collection of C02 cartridges (yes I should act like a mature adult and carry a pump) so we found ourselves on the side of the road. He called AAA and it was taking forever, I used their app to submit the request, got a call back right away and they had a truck to us in 10 minutes. Probably helped that it was a Monday and we were near Healdsburg.

Experimenting with “blending” coffees for my pour over at home. Simply putting half the medium roast and half the “dark medium” Ethiopian makes for an interesting cup that’s nice enough not to put milk in.

Morning hoerzeses!
WRT AAA: my policy is generally to tip the driver $0.50/ mile. This seems to improve their sullen mood at the end of a long tow. The tow from Hawthorne to Mindon was brutal. It was clear that the driver was pissed off and the fact they left me waiting for 3 days meant nothing. The guy was a real dick but in the end I pulled out the wallet and tipped. I think he was surprised. I still blasted him in the survey.
J-Rex-I am sorry about the hurricane hell. Water and wind combo is a tough cleanup. We worked Katrina and I still have PTSD from that. The wildfire was rough but nothing like New Orleans. These kind of images still make me choke up. The associated smells that go with them are indescribable.
1a-004-ss-09-dmoye-lg.jpg

Congrats on the escrow byke. There is a really beautiful 5th wheel in Colusa. We didn't look at it as we wound up buying the one in Dixon but I had really wanted to go out there and meet the owner since he is a real rodeo cowboy.

Seems I missed a lot around here in the past few days.
Just for you Kurosexi,

Spicy update:
Spicy's niece has been visiting my neighbor every evening. He thought she was a he and named her Cloony. Last night she was a bit more pensive than usual and seemed very concerned. She has been using the bathroom in his shop to clean up everyday around 7PM. Last night she was a little late. Winds up she has a baby with her maybe a week old.

Congrats on the escrow byke. There is a really beautiful 5th wheel in Colusa. We didn't look at it as we wound up buying the one in Dixon but I had really wanted to go out there and meet the owner since he is a real rodeo cowboy.
Did you guys get it dropped off already, or do you need to do some site prep first? Are you going to build a cover for it?

We have to do some site prep then build a cover for it that we intend to roof with solar panels. Ef PG&E :twofinger

Heck yeah! Not that you don't have enough to do, but a thread in pic & vids would be really neat to show the process.

Back