• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

The reason to get such is for back pain?
That’s part of it. Due to stenosis and a bulging disk, a couple of nerve roots (where the nerves exit the spine) are being pinched and are inflamed because of that. This is causing numbness in my legs and a sudden loss of motor control in one of them as I bent slightly forward.

The steroid is supposed to reduce inflammation and take pressure off the nerve at least for a while. This is the first one, so we’ll see if it helps.

Sciatic pain is no joke. My last back surgery included a bit where they essentially used a dremel to expand the archways for the nerve bundle, since my disks in that area are so compressed. Not fun. Sorry, man.

Sciatic pain is no joke. My last back surgery included a bit where they essentially used a dremel to expand the archways for the nerve bundle, since my disks in that area are so compressed. Not fun. Sorry, man.
Yeah, I had the same thing done in six levels of my cervical spine in 2017. Pretty familiar with the “drill,” pun intended…

The T-shirt I’m wearing to the surgery center…

IMG_4396.jpeg

That shirt is fantastic, Andy. The majority of my damage is in L4-L5 and L5-S1, but plenty of shit above that area is pretty borked, too. Due to the compression of multiple discs, I am over an inch shorter than I was in my early 20s. It's not due to age, as it has been the case since my original back injury in 1999 :/

Friday! Got a group ride tomorrow, I suspect it'll be a mellow pace but good people. I'll likely break off at some point after we hit Marshall and make sure I use all the tire.

Realized I leave for Colorado next Thursday so I'll be doing some planning / initial packing today as I have dressy stuff that'll need to go the dry cleaners. One can't show up in jeans and a T-shirt to all the yacht club events, that just won't do! I might have to wear a bandaid on my ear at some point to troll a certain subset of those folks however :laughing

Good stuff, Nate. It's finally not a million degrees here, so I will definitely be doing some riding this weekend. I need to explore and find some good goaty backroads.

Hey Nate, show up with a maxi pad and a diaper 😂
Good luck Andy, L4L5 are my primary nemesis.

AE why you keep blocking my triples?

My family are already basically the white trash of the club, so I can't lose much by showing up in a diaper I suppose.

Last year we nearly lost a dry rig in the lake while transporting it floated on tubes. One of the tubes lashing came loose and the whole thing went upside down and became a giant anchor. A family friend (maybe less so now) came to our rescue and helped us drag it slowly and very conspicuously across the lake. We did manage to get it righted and leveled and I sure does work better than the old rig which was so rusty it basically collapsed on us when we attempted to remove it. We keep it classy!

Yacht club events, fancy!

just "lost" 1 hr of printing passport photos... but hey . LT: if your pictures come out green and yellow... Your Cyan and Magenta inks are missing!!! when a printer sez it's low, believe them!

now I really need that second cup of coffee

AE why you keep blocking my triples?

No idea!!! I thought people are supposed to do that!

Shots went fine. Everything feels wonderful right now but there is local anesthetic in there. Checking out, they asked if I had plans. Told them I was going to cut down a tree. Was met with a facepalm.

Back