• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I dunno, the hyper does fine, maybe it's the race seat, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but 300 mile days are fine on that bike, done two back to back now, only... 23 more days to go....

The stock seat on the 939 era bikes has that horrible scooped profile that locks you into one position. The 950’s have a flat seat allowing you to slide forward or back for temporary relief from the standard position.
The bikes are cool and for sure comfort doesn’t fit the equation for their intended purpose but it wouldn’t have killed them to make a comfortable seat and still have the look and intent they were going for.

I've had a weird hesitation, especially over bumps, for a while now so even though my NGK spark plug wires were about 4.5 years old and the car has only done about 8000 miles I decided to change them. 1994 Miata with 195.5k miles.

In pulling the old wires they all offered solid resistance coming out except the #1 wire coming from the coil pack; it came out far to easily, barely a tug.

Test ride over bumpy roads revealed no more hesitation.

Sheesh.

Fingers crossed the hesitation is gone now.

Saved the old wires as they seem fine and likely weren't the cause of the problem in the first place.

Figured I'd get color matched wires from Moss.

Attachments

• 2024 New Spark Plug Wires.JPG
    2024 New Spark Plug Wires.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
recently I noticed water under my 10 year old espresso machine. It was leaking. yesterday it was holding on, the whole day.

today I noticed the pool of water under the machine again, on the second coffee...

... soo... opening it up, wasn't on the schedule!!!!

Turns out I think I figured out the problem. tiny gasket after the pump. but due to this, everything's corroded. It looks like it might get repaired!!! .. turns out I have a spare tiny gasket...

1724010118120.jpeg

1724010133547.jpeg
1724010220088.png

Looks like silicone or viton, but orings don't normally look all shaved like that unless it happens upon installation.

exclaimed pretty happily when I found out (recalled) I have an old o-ring ordered in the pouch. Thinking I am adding some silicone to the oring before in-assembly. What do you think?
( Taking it slow, (always do that), can walk around, BARF, do other stuff before reassemble. )

i think you may be hinting I may have pinched the old o-ring. well.. that's why perhaps some people can't really be mechanics??? okay, too harsh.
(that particular pipe and o-rign vave been previously removed about 5 years ago when I replaced the pump)

Nooo, not hinting that, only to look into and see if there's anything to help. Probably a good idea to add a thin film of silicone to it. How does it install? Is it installed as a piston seal and then you have to press it into a cylinder/hole? If it installs into a bore with no lead-in, just a dead sharp corner, then chamfering a little lead-in would help.

TWT --- > Mmmmmmm, pics or it didn't happen! :laughing

AE --- > Sounds like the 'ol coffee maker has lived a pretty long life and has entered it's "geriatric" period. :afm199
I'd vote "no" on the silicone implant, will be harder to do another "O" ring job if surgery is required again.

N4teTheGreat --- > So,,,, I guess down the road we'll find out if ya packed a can of "AMB" !!!! Special note: pics are NOT requested!
Monkey Butt.png

yeaaah the machine is long in the tooth. :( but hey.
now I have to clean the rusty grounding screw probably/

Nooo, not hinting that, only to look into and see if there's anything to help. Probably a good idea to add a thin film of silicone to it. How does it install? Is it installed as a piston seal and then you have to press it into a cylinder/hole? If it installs into a bore with no lead-in, just a dead sharp corner, then chamfering a little lead-in would help.
no worries.
it goes in like a piston.
I put the 1/8" hard plastic tube, o-ring and a little silicone around the ring, in already. It slid-in easily!!!!

and I think it's holding!!!! I ran the machine with some frother and some espresso-button and the thing is not leaking right now!

1724013663656.png

I'm thinking a little vinegar on the bottom screw now. It's hard to reach. (May be useless, too..)

1724013709078.png

Vinegar will accelerate the rust. If it comes loose maybe a little lanolin.

I’m doing chores but really just want to play with the new bike.

Y’all gonna really let this happen?

Dunno, confused where to apply soda (for acid batteries! ) and where vinegar.

Anyway falling asleep.

Jetlagg not existing is BS, it's different for each person, besides it's not jetlagitis but also nonsleepitis

:p

TWT --- > Mmmmmmm, pics or it didn't happen! :laughing

AE --- > Sounds like the 'ol coffee maker has lived a pretty long life and has entered it's "geriatric" period. :afm199
I'd vote "no" on the silicone implant, will be harder to do another "O" ring job if surgery is required again.

N4teTheGreat --- > So,,,, I guess down the road we'll find out if ya packed a can of "AMB" !!!! Special note: pics are NOT requested!
View attachment 564865
here ya go.
IMG_6038.jpeg

Back