• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I have a feeling more than a few of my days are gonna look like that. I'm mostly hoping the Italian steed doesn't melt and my bags are still fully water proof :laughing

I think the end of that video is probably how things will look up north, except, also colder.

North to Fairbanks, then down past Denali skipping Anchorage (unless the bike goes sideways) and then looping back up to Tok and retracing my steps south. Should be in Fairbanks on the 25th.

North to Fairbanks, then down past Denali skipping Anchorage (unless the bike goes sideways) and then looping back up to Tok and retracing my steps south. Should be in Fairbanks on the 25th.
Wow, so almost 6,000 miles.

You're going to need an oil/filter change in Fairbanks.

Oil is fresh as is the air filter it'll be good enough to get home (I usually change it every 6,000 miles so this will be a slight stretch), tire on the other hand, I suspect somewhere around Vancouver / Portland I'll need a new rear tire. Total trip mileage is gonna be roughly 6,700.

Reactions: GAJ
Fairbanks is still "warm" in August...I lived there for two years. Should be in the 60s for the highs and 40s for lows which is totally doable. As long as you're out before late September, you should be fine.

Oil is fresh as is the air filter it'll be good enough to get home (I usually change it every 6,000 miles so this will be a slight stretch), tire on the other hand, I suspect somewhere around Vancouver / Portland I'll need a new rear tire. Total trip mileage is gonna be roughly 6,700.
You might need a buttectomy by the time you get home.

Fairbanks is still "warm" in August...I lived there for two years. Should be in the 60s for the highs and 40s for lows which is totally doable. As long as you're out before late September, you should be fine.
Yeah, bay area temps basically, it's more the wet I'm concerned with a steady rain, cool, I'll deal, a downpour, I like the idea of that a lot less, once my boots start taking on water things get uncomfortable... I'll be well south in BC again by the 4th or so given my current plan.
You might need a buttectomy by the time you get home.
Probably need on in Fairbanks honestly :laughing

Yeah, bay area temps basically, it's more the wet I'm concerned with a steady rain, cool, I'll deal, a downpour, I like the idea of that a lot less, once my boots start taking on water things get uncomfortable... I'll be well south in BC again by the 4th or so given my current plan.

Probably need on in Fairbanks honestly :laughing
Rain tends to be more spotty there unlike the south where you get those drenching downpours. However, thunderstorms can happen but they're not common this time of year there. It's already too late in the season really. I would suggest you get some decent waterproof boots though. Wet feet suck.

Spotty is fine, sounds like the Rockies. My boots are decent, my old pants tucked into them which directed water inside, my new gear goes over rather boots so as long as they are not submerged they should stay dry. I'm collecting plastic bags just in case however. I am realizing this trip would have been ideal a few weeks earlier, but I'm too dumb to turn back now.

Good luck CJ Andy, that date is coming up right quick.

Back