• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

One reason why mid-drive is more gooder.

I'd like to demo that out. If and when I need a new e-bike I'll consider it. When they tuned it up last time it needed a ton of new parts like sprocket, chain, he had to shave down some stuff, the rotors were only closing on one side of the disks etc. It's like brand new now could last another 5 years :) I'm lucky the guy knew exactly what he was doing.

The Canyon just needed new handlebar tape and brake pads and general maintenance so wasn't nearly as expensive as the e-bike to fix.

Because bikes are kind of pieces of shit, a good bike tech is more like an artist. Motorcycles are so much nicer, the thing breaks, you replace the thing, it works like new.

Depends on the bike, if you're getting it from a big box store it may be cheap, but quality bikes / parts can be had... for about the cost of a cheap motorcycle...

Shop I used to work at would routinely see brand new bikes from Walmart / Target etc that needed more work to be good to ride than they cost to purchase. Even our entry level Trek bicycles were higher quality.

I'm not up on bicycles much, but I've never seen a single part on a bicycle that's as well made as pretty much any part on a mx bike, like a master cylinder from a 1998 YZ400F is better than anything I've ever seen on a bicycle. There's probably no jump-related bicycle out there that actually gets used that doesn't have at least some degree of bend in the cranks.

Attachments

• Turbo Vadl SL sprockets.jpg
    Turbo Vadl SL sprockets.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 16
I'm not up on bicycles much, but I've never seen a single part on a bicycle that's as well made as pretty much any part on a mx bike, like a master cylinder from a 1998 YZ400F is better than anything I've ever seen on a bicycle. There's probably no jump-related bicycle out there that actually gets used that doesn't have at least some degree of bend in the cranks.

I'm sure they're out there, Shimano makes some awesome stuff for downhill. My original XT disc brakes looked like a scaled down moto setup and the process the bleed was identical, they even sold upgraded braided steel lines, which I of course bought. The new stuff is light and the master cylinder is tiny to save weight, but they work pretty well though bleeding is a bit more annoying. I still think springs over air for suspension even if they are heavier. Cheap stuff will always perform like cheap stuff, but quality is out there.

I think I told my buddy I'd do another ride on Saturday, I'm less excited, but it's good to pedal and get the old ticker pumping. Keeps me in shape for all the throttle twisting I plan to do this year.

I actually jumped on the bicycletta yesterday too. Was fun. When I got to downtown market/polk st I actually felt the air change and start getting more dust in me. : | :mad so I rounded up the ride, went other places etc.

She is not my mother!

Bien gracias, e-tu?

:laughing
that vid was funny

-

.. the rotors were only closing on one side of the disks etc. ..

The rotors are closing.. hmm. :confused :laughing

Attachments

• closing.jpg
    closing.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 12
Brunch and a bottle of sparkling rose on a Friday afternoon, I'm officially that SF person I was envious of when I was employed. I guess that means things are full circle and I'm due to get back to work.

went to Berzerkeley to get CDs, got Fripp and Eno's "(No Pussyfooting)", listening to Jackson Browne right meow.

went to Berzerkeley to get CDs, got Fripp and Eno's "(No Pussyfooting)", listening to Jackson Browne right meow.

Whoa, :rofl Diggin' through the old archives to fine that Fripp and Eno album!
Awesome man!!! So... yer going drop the needle, put on the 'ol Pioneer Se-205 headphones, fire one up and chillax tonight huh?!!! :thumbup :cool

OOPS, you got the CD, so no needle drop involved.

Fripp also played/wrote songs while in the band King Crimson.
[YOUTUBE]ukgraQ-xkp4[/YOUTUBE]

Fripp's - '95 album A Blessing Of Tears is pretty good!

Back