• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Random Motorcycle thoughts unworthy of a new thread

I filled out the AMA forum and sent in my background. Included a shout out to Barf online #001

Last edited:
Your AMA # alone has to be worthy of inclusion. I know it is way deeper than that from your tales here. :thumbup

The AMA is worth being a part of for me. Wish more motorcyclist looked past the discounts or motow stuff ($$$) and saw the value of having a more unified National Voice.

Man, this guy was lucky.

DeMoss and his black 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan motorcycle went missing on August 12 on Highway 12 in Idaho, according to the Idaho County Sheriff’s office. He had been riding with two other bikers and failed to return to their meeting spot.

Authorities teamed up with DeMoss’ family and friends to search a 99-mile stretch nearby, but then announced they would be “downsizing their search” over the coming days on August 15.

Thinking about another ride in my stable.

Have to purge of course. That means the Kawi triple is the likely candidate.
The bike I am looking towards is not made yet. :laughing

Just like the V4 Multistrada that I wanted but with a 17" front and pointed more towards sport riding. I waited 18 months before Ducati delivered and I jumped on it.

So I sat on my friends KTM 690 Duke and found it workable for an OG with a terminator kit in my right knee. Hmmm. Found a 890R for sale here that probably would have been an immediate sale after a quick ride, but I was a day too late. God saying... not that one Bud.

Looking at the new 990 KTM Duke. Below 4 hundo pounds naked canyon carver that I need in my old man life.

However.. it is not the R and as a Radical old man I need some R in my life so I am waiting for it.
Pretty much sold on the bike already.

Enjoyed this review by an avg dude. Wheelie control that holds the front wheel at the level shown on a very understandable graphic?? Color me hell to the yes. :teeth

Wondering how long I have to wait. Hello KTM... Hello?

There's something about that lovely natural lift the front wheel does coming out of a turn. You know, you ever so gently twist the throttle and the bike just sorta screams out "Wheeee Yeeee Hawww" and then you kinda giggle inside your helmet.
Yeah, that Duke is that bike.

Now need to go lay down and smoke a cigarette just thinking about it.

The 990 Duke R should be a winner.

Drop your aviators license into the shredder, please, sir, , ,
Might transfer my 2WL AV8R plate over (probable) or.. look for some other AV8R license fun.

Flying low to the ground. :ride

And to shake the streets of Tennessee we got some Red Bull hard enduro rhythm

Racing is at the end.
1724776268119.png

Last edited:
Yup... good call there.
Someone has to keep the HD's a legit competitor I suppose.

Indian certainly came into the series swinging.

Are the 750s not available to the great unwashed hoi-polloi.
I can see the problem if nobody else can have them.
Seems to be the case per the article.

Their street FTR is a 1200.
I hope they make a 750ish FTR... doubt it.

Bud, have you ridden a V4S Streetfighter yet? One of my absolute favorite bikes of all time. Pure magic...and the electronics on the 2023+ are pure magic.

I have not.... I will sit on one tomorrow assuming MotorCafe has one. It will be at least 10k more expensive.
I am impressed by the weight.

Buying new for sure? If you want to take mine for the weekend on a long ride, have at it.

Thanks for the offer B. :thumbup

Let me sit on one to see if the footpeg reach is even doable.

Not 100% on the new train.

1724885521350.png1724885614282.png1724885665169.png1724885714999.png

Pretty solid team. Heard Tomac was offered and he said he had been injured for most of the year and he thought Plessinger deserved the spot. :thumbup

GO get 'em boys! :flag

The race in in the UK this year

Track looks awesome!
1724886102667.png

This was a surprise to me.

Indian's FTR will not be on the grid in 2025.
Been talked about for a while. AFT twisted the rules to let the FTR run as it was a pure racer and no model was sold for the street. AFT has changed the rules every year and not aways for the best. I am sad seeing what has become what was once the Grand National Championship. Only 12 supertwins at Peoria. :thumbdown

Back