• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Random Motorcycle thoughts unworthy of a new thread

I have a bud in Washington who was looking to get a custom plate for his bike. I threw out ideas and found out they only have 6 digits to work with.

Never knew how 1 digit less could affect the cool. :laughing

Came across this in Cycle News. Long time MotoAmerica announcer Jason Pridmore went racing. Good for him!

1718117003315.png

Yes he is. He was super nice to my son's when I did his school and he recounted me beating him in his first AMA National RR. My kids were beaming.

I love a 21" front.

There are few things yummier than Hwy 1 from Leggett to Mill Valley.

Greyback is so good. Why must it be closed half the year? When is @Lonster gonna join me for lunch somewhere random in Siskiyou County?

I love a 21" front.

There are few things yummier than Hwy 1 from Leggett to Mill Valley.

Greyback is so good. Why must it be closed half the year? When is @Lonster gonna join me for lunch somewhere random in Siskiyou County?
Soon. Very soooooon.

The Silverstone GP will feature all teams using retro liveries to celebrate the 75th anniversary of GP racing.

Looking forward to some simple and tasteful looking bikes... except for the transformer
aero of course.

For those that missed it the first year was sort of a yawner. :afm199

This Brit dude won it on an AJS. 6 races.

It has come a long way in 75 years. Best of the best. :thumbup

List of all 500/etc GrandPrix Champions

It is interesting seeing how different Countries had solid runs for a while.
Early the Brits ruled, Italy fought back, the USA stepped in, Austrailia with a Mick run, back to Italy and VR46, and then Spain putting a spanking on all until a French guy stepped in and now Peco.

Last edited:
It would be cool to see HRC do this.

No smokes..! :laughing

1718153550799.png

I think the Marlboro thing for Yamaha might not fly :dunno

They could always go back further and do Phil Reed.
1718154110489.png

Total soft toss... what Yamaha color is the classic..? Hint First American GP CHAMP!

Last edited:
:smoking

suzuki-1.jpg

Beautiful... sadly. No Daduki on the grid. :(

Reading my mind John!!! :thumbup

Beautiful... sadly. No Daduki on the grid. :(

Reading my mind John!!! :thumbup

does it have to be a former GP livery at Silverstone? (edit: oh, I get it—“Daduki” = Suzuki)

think this was the livery of Mr Capirossi’s Ducati for their first-ever MotoGP win at Barcelona in 2003:

07A79E40-4D40-4DDD-9EFA-437327E9A2EB.jpeg

anyway, it’s not a Marlboro livery, which might be problematic. :laughing

Not sure what the parameters are.
If it was me defining I probably would say pre-four smoke era.

^^:thumbup

been trying to come up with something for Gas Gas, KTM and Aprilia. :laughing

KTM had some cool Dakar livery, back in the day, but maybe that’s not in the spirit of the Silverstone 75th GP anniversary thing … :toothless

excuse to repost some of my fav GP pics:

0E8B73D9-C25F-4EB3-AE85-8BA1FC029C40.jpeg

Mr Ago in Yamaha livery … :ride

and if we go back far enough, we get back to the pre-2T era. 🥳

F533D076-0B77-48EE-81C0-F54D083D161F.jpeg

Mr Redman's Honda RC171 used in 1962 …

Last edited:
Ago's would be sweet.

They did like sparkly silver back in the day.

Daduki is what a really good friend would say. He was deaf and some words came out a bit odd and that one stuck for me and a couple other buddies. My homage to Wobbie. Daduki :rose

In my travels wandering around, I find KLR's parked in some really lonely spots, like trail heads, & turnouts.

This has struck me along the lines of "Where's Waldo" with SFJohn as the perpetual perp for this.
Need Mor Pix of KLR's in the wild, , ,?

In my travels wandering around, I find KLR's parked in some really lonely spots, like trail heads, & turnouts.

This has struck me along the lines of "Where's Waldo" with SFJohn as the perpetual perp for this.
Need Mor Pix of KLR's in the wild , , ,?

:laughing:thumbup

Mr @NorCalCoffeeMan has been posting some pics of his cool ‘22 Kawasaki KLR in the wild here on Xen-BARF this week. :ride

Need Mor Pix of KLR's in the wild, , ,?
I'll post my pics and some more of my sexy KLR in a new thread in just a moment. Make sure you check her out, she's hella hot!

Seeing another fatal on 580 sucks. :rose

Avoiding doing next to a big rig is a good call.
I have done it in a total shit show before (grapevine total parking lot) and I did not like it one bit, but I don't commute so I can easily avoid it usually.

The thoughts of loved ones and friends getting the news about the death just shakes me up.

Back