• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Share your Personal Photography Pictures. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

New Mexico vacation

It was a fantastic week spent in the southernmost part of the Rockies. My son got to fish for the first time and we did a lot of lounging. I am a fan of the Land of Enchantment. I thought these pics looked fairly good considering it was an iPhone 5S.

Attachments

• North of Taos.jpg
    North of Taos.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 62
  • North of Taos - side patio.jpg
    North of Taos - side patio.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
^^Nice. Crazy how low the lake is. Kind of looks like that spot in Tahoe city behind Rite-Aid/Safeway?

Some photos from BARFistan 2015... I stopped by the U.A.E. on the way for a few days...
Camera: Sony RX-10 II (Rental... also a piece of shit photo camera, excellent video camera)

I suspect you have a background with this photography thing.
Those are all interesting pics.

Noice!

And another wee starpic for y'all. The Great Nebula of Orion, or M42. This is the cluster that is visible as part of the constellation, the sword.

21560621784_04ffd01a5b_b.jpg

starting to slowly get the hang of this stuff..

i think :mad

Looks excellent! I like that you're not afraid to set your blacks, too many astro photogs focus on dynamic range and the blacks and up with that grey'ish look, but it looks unnatural. Are you shooting infrared?

Noice!

And another wee starpic for y'all. The Great Nebula of Orion, or M42. This is the cluster that is visible as part of the constellation, the sword.

21560621784_04ffd01a5b_b.jpg

starting to slowly get the hang of this stuff..

i think :mad

God that's gorgeous

Looks excellent! I like that you're not afraid to set your blacks, too many astro photogs focus on dynamic range and the blacks and up with that grey'ish look, but it looks unnatural. Are you shooting infrared?
Couple of things I think - my earlier shots were a little on the short side exposure wise, mostly because of learning in driving the autoguider. Now I am using 4-5 minutes per frame, and then 10 each of the four L R G B channels for a total exposure time of about 200 minutes. IR is the enemy, nasty non polarized shit gets everywhere ;) the filter colors used including the narrowband are all in the visible light spectrum.
I'm also learning to do a better job in background equalization which is helping keep the noise down in the darks and still leave the stars with appropriate color. Still dunno wot to do about color calibration - it just doesn't look teh same as soon as it's been flick'rd.. :(

God that's gorgeous
:party

4-5min at 200min total, so you stack 40-50 shots. That's a solid time investment for a single image, not even counting post, but pretty dang rewarding with results like that. I assume you're exporting in a color space which flick'r and most browsers can manage? Really though, nothing is going to do it justice but the source. How many pixels is your sensor? The old Canon 1D (4.2mp) has made plenty of fine poster size prints, I'd think you could crop that image a bit and have something that would look great on the wall.

Amazing shot, keep em coming! I'm always mystified by pictures of outer space.

Pics

Went on a little hike over the weekend, only had my IR camera so no color shots.

:teeth

Attachments

• IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1564.jpg
    IMG_1564.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 67
You guys all rock it.

Forgive my cell phone pic just another day at the office

22237672349_6d7af42dc0_c.jpg

Back