• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Share your Personal Photography Pictures. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

So last night was a crap shoot. We've got a full moon just now doing a nice job of illuminating all the crap in the atmosphere. But it was frikkin baltic last night and relatively clear. So I stayed up late and froze me nads off for this my first go at the Rosette Nebula.

23359803575_0a14f800ce_b.jpg

So last night was a crap shoot. We've got a full moon just now doing a nice job of illuminating all the crap in the atmosphere. But it was frikkin baltic last night and relatively clear. So I stayed up late and froze me nads off for this my first go at the Rosette Nebula.

Mind blowing that you can get those sort of pics from your backyard.
If I had that telescope I wouldn't get a lot else done after dark.

Late night T-Hill shenanigans for a CityBike shoot. I got progressively more drunk on cider as the shoot progressed...

i-ckQrVgg-L.jpg

i-FqKd2GL-L.jpg

i-dPt4fpC-L.jpg

Love it! Could you recommend a good beginner scope with decent optics? Just something my daughter and I could use to look at planets and stuff with.

I highly recommend 'Nightwatch' by Terence Dickinson especially the part on beginners selection. You'll see binoculars get mentioned a lot, peeps overlook them but a decent pair of 10x50's on a tripod work great. Or use a kiddies inflatable pool as a lounger so you can lie back and support the binos comfortably whilst looking straight up towards the zenith. I started with a 6" schmitt cassegrain:
http://www.highpointscientific.com/celestron-nexstar-6se-telescope-bundle-package
and it's a solid little scope.

In fact, due to an amazing amazon snafu, I have two copies of this book spare, want one?

Any takers for the other one?

WOW. Great pic! :cool

:teeth

Amber

*** has been edited out.

Likely post reviewed for TOS violation ***

Carry on.

Damn, hard to compete with Amber but this is the best I can do:

DSC00213_zpstp8nxthv.jpg

DSC00607_zpsv5sf5mgr.jpg

-Bill

I highly recommend 'Nightwatch' by Terence Dickinson especially the part on beginners selection. You'll see binoculars get mentioned a lot, peeps overlook them but a decent pair of 10x50's on a tripod work great. Or use a kiddies inflatable pool as a lounger so you can lie back and support the binos comfortably whilst looking straight up towards the zenith. I started with a 6" schmitt cassegrain:
http://www.highpointscientific.com/celestron-nexstar-6se-telescope-bundle-package
and it's a solid little scope.

In fact, due to an amazing amazon snafu, I have two copies of this book spare, want one?

Any takers for the other one?

:teeth

I'll have to check out that book. Maybe an xmas present for my kiddo :thumbup

As far as a scope goes, I was thinking something a bit more...modest :laughing

Too bad about Amber, I found the photo quite pleasing. Eye is drawn to the stunning face. That's the problem, we censor out Amber but allow other stuff. I guess it's subjective but as a woman I was not offended by that picture.

Back