• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Faith In Humanity Thread

4932.jpg

Guo Shijun is a young man that has faced incredible difficulties in his life. His father became paralyzed during a building accident while on the job. He has to care for him full time because his mother is unable to. Even though Guo Shijun spent the majority of days caring for his parents, he found a way to make it into a top university. That’s not all he was able to accomplish, though.

Instead of giving up on his studies or leaving his family behind, he did something else. He convinced the university to let him keep his father in his dorm room.

paralyzed-dad.jpg

paralyzed-dad2.jpg

Story here:
http://www.viralnova.com/college-student-paralyzed-dad/

it was really sad! and then then he started rambling on and on and on about god...i stopped watching. the video had little to do with her, but rather it made me feel like i would see a latter day people message at the end of it.

his daughter is a very beautiful and a lucky little girl. sad that she won't have him there for her:cry

http://www.wbur.org/2014/04/08/team...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

last year, after three decades of competing in the race, Dick and Rick Hoyt decided 2013 would be their last. They never made it to the finish, though; they were among the almost 6,000 runners stopped on the course when the bombs went off. So Team Hoyt is running again — one last Boston Marathon, they told me, this time in honor of all the people killed and injured in last year’s attack.

“My body’s starting to tell me, after all these races and stuff, that it’s time to cut back,” Dick conceded.

They still plan to do shorter runs together. And some Team Hoyt supporters want to help Rick keep competing in Boston without his dad. I asked Dick how he thought he’d feel seeing someone else push Rick.

“I think it will be awesome,” Dick replied. ”He’s even got three women who want to do triathlons with him — one to do the swim, one to do the run, and one to do the bike!” he added with a laugh.

No ability to link, but
MY BIONIC PETS
documentary on TV reinstilled my faith in humanity.:thumbup

Last edited:
Back