• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Faith In Humanity Thread

Lot of great examples here. I would like to add an example of lesser grandness, to illustrate that there is always something that all of us and everyone can do to make every day life a little friendlier.
I was about to cross the Dumbarton bridge, and in preparation for that, had a $20 bill folded in my back pocket for quicker access. At the toll both, I stopped, fished for the 20, and, before I handed it to the lady in the toll both, unfolded it (I always find that a bit more respectful than handing over a folded or even crumbled bill). When the lady gave me the change, she assumed correctly that the money would go into the same place where the 20 came from, and carefully, right in from of my eyes, folded it for me. I still had one of my gloves on, so it definitely made things easier for me.
Sure, a small thing, but definitely a nice gesture to make things a tad bit easier for someone else :)

1c021a2c-356a-4efa-95b9-791b044f4275.jpg

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022494004_gayprincipalprotestxml.html
24991c3e-b607-4d68-b469-9bf1496354e8.jpg

a738549a-66df-45a0-ad6d-8dde6437fd51.jpg

884fcb41-ea72-4868-8764-038a3a4277cd.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly this thread is one of a very few reasons why I still have faith in humanity.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2014/07/good_news_lowes_employees_come.html

In 1971, I stepped on a land mine in Vietnam and lost both legs above the knee.

For the past two years, I have been waiting to receive a new wheelchair from the Veterans Administration. In addition, I have been told that I am not entitled to a spare wheelchair.

On the evening of July 7, my wheelchair fell apart again, while shopping at Lowe's Home Improvement Center in on Forest Avenue in Mariners Harbor.

Three employees, David, Marcus and Souleyman jumped to my assistance immediately. They placed me in another chair while they went to work.

They took the wheelchair apart and replaced the broken parts and told me, "We're going to make this chair like new."

Last edited:
Officer Gaetano got me all teary eyed and shit...:thumbup

and not a single pic of that awesome dog! :applause to the rich lady for doing it the right way:thumbup

Meet Jason McElwain, autistic basketball waterboy who became a manager and then a player when given a chance - and surprised everyone by nailing it.

[youtube]KZJhfP50bxE[/youtube]

Older clip I know, but this is my first time seeing this. Good on that coach for giving him a chance.

I just went through this whole thread, and damn I'm choked up. So many feel-goods here. Thanks for starting this, Pete.

Back