• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Anyone catch the reebok uniform policy?

Everyone has to wear approved reebok gear, no more personal sponsors

I dunno, seems odd. Will all sponsorship disappear otherwise? Hard to justify sponsoring fighters if the sponsors' names don't get air time.

So, they're going to pay based on fighter ranking... does that mean that if you're a n00b nobody, you're going to get the same, or almost the same pay, as #17? They only rank the top 15, right? Theoretically, you could be a mid-tier fighter and make unlimited money based on sponsorship. Might not be the case any more.

Plus, what about the fighters who maintain their sponsors post-career? Are they SOL? Are they going to be contracted with Reebok if they get booted from the UFC? Or will they have to start from scratch to get new sponsorships?

I dunno, I don't see this going well for the fighters unless Reebok shits tons of cash on everyone. Plus, do I really want to see everyone wearing the same fuckin' thing? No more walk out shirts? Whack.

Not only that, you really think the bros are going to wear frickin' Reebok over Affliction and Dethrone? :D

I haven't had a chance to read much about it so I don't know how good or bad it will be for all parties involved.

No more walk out gi would suck. I mean what's a Gsp fight without a sweet gi Abd headband!?

I think this will lead to more top ten guys pulling out of fights for minor injuries.

70 million for 5 year deal. 45 events next year so I will just use that number for the follwing 4

70/5/45= $311k payout per event

$311k for 11 fights = $28k a fight so $14k per fighter on average?

How much is the ufc gonna take though? Atleast 40%? so $186k per event. Champ get $40k, 1-5 get $20k 6-10 get $10k 11-15 get $5k and after 15 those guys get $1k?

I would imagine these guys are all making more than for advertising on their clothing and in the cage banners.

Last edited:
K. I read a bit over lunch. I think the term uniform is very misleading at the moment and reactions are a little too much too soon from some of the forums. It's not like every fight is going to be guy in red trunks vs guy in blue trunks. They can still customize the styles and all that. Jon Jones will still be wearing his high slit with tights trunks. His shorts are minimalistic as it is. Not everybody is Jones but the lesser known fighters, I don't remember who they are based on their trunks anyway no matter what popular or unique sponsors they have on them. Most undercard fights are guy with Dynamic Fastener shorts vs other guy with Training Mask his shorts plus a ton of other small sponsors I can't read anyway like Wally's Waffles or something. They bang to a split decision and I forget who they are. Or they put on a potential fight of the night and I remember for their fight, not their shorts. If this were WWF where guys walk out with shoulder pads and gladiator helmets it might be different. But even now people know who you are because of your fights or what you're saying in the media.

Also seems to me that depending on how the payouts actually work, lesser known fighters could potentially be getting paid more than what they're getting paid now. Maybe they'll lose other sponsorships but Reebok will be paying more. Really hard to tell right now without further details.

Dana White says he hasn't had any negative feedback yet (before Diaz spoke up) but I'm not sure even the fighters know enough yet to speak either way. Not everybody is willing to express knee jerk reactions and potentially put their foot in their mouth (and not even give a shit) like Nate.

I did see Jones doing a couple Reebok promo things on instagram but I'm not sure how many fucks he gives cuz he's getting money no matter what.

Maybe guys will start exercising loopholes? What if a fighter has a Nike tattoo or changes their nickname to something like Daniel "Popeye's Chicken" Cormier. Good ol' DPC!

Oh, and no more Burger King trunks for Anderson and I'm okay with that.

I dunno, seems odd. Will all sponsorship disappear otherwise? Hard to justify sponsoring fighters if the sponsors' names don't get air time.

So, they're going to pay based on fighter ranking... does that mean that if you're a n00b nobody, you're going to get the same, or almost the same pay, as #17? They only rank the top 15, right? Theoretically, you could be a mid-tier fighter and make unlimited money based on sponsorship. Might not be the case any more.

Plus, what about the fighters who maintain their sponsors post-career? Are they SOL? Are they going to be contracted with Reebok if they get booted from the UFC? Or will they have to start from scratch to get new sponsorships?

I dunno, I don't see this going well for the fighters unless Reebok shits tons of cash on everyone. Plus, do I really want to see everyone wearing the same fuckin' thing? No more walk out shirts? Whack.

Not only that, you really think the bros are going to wear frickin' Reebok over Affliction and Dethrone? :D

Don't worry, Forrest Griffin has all the answers...
[youtube]LkyFVRCKcOY[/youtube]

Last edited:
I say Michelle Waterson will win tomorrow and Hendricks/Pettis will win on Saturday.

Well, I am already down one. Michelle Waterson, the face of INvicta FC, lost her title belt to a brazilian.

Did I just see Ben Askren walking with Sergio Pettis into the octagon? I figured that guy wouldn't even be allowed in the building.

Go Youngin Pettis!! He looked pretty slick tonight.

Also I thought it was interesting that Sergio already has Reebok as a sponsor logo on his trunks. Not the only one but one of them. Wonder how much of that we'll see tonight.

Nice choke in the end of the first by Pennington.

Who's tuning in for the fight tonight? Prelims and/or main card?

I was sick this week so I decided to stay in and just buy the fight to stream at home.

5 hobo dollars on Duffee.

Last time I saw that guy was in Never Back Down 2 with Michael Jai White.:laughing

Back