• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

yawn, they should have done cat / holm and winner gets armbarrrrr

I'm pretty sure they did it because holm was brought in to fight Rhonda. They assumed she'd be allot better than she is, that she'd have some solid definitive victories leading up to a rousey fight and it would sell big

Now we see her as a tentative and underwhelming fighter who nearly lost her first UFC fight. They gotta pull the trigger on her now cause if she loses, she's lost all her value

Last night's card was aaight, except for the main. That had potential. Oh well.

I'm done with Erick Silva. He's Uriah Hall'd me for the last time. Shows up one fight and is a wrecking machine. Shows up next fight and fights like a scrub.

Holloway/Oliveira fight is disappointing... That should have been a great scrap. Injury bug fucked us again...

Meanwhile USADA an lines Olympic style location requirements for UFC athletes. You basically have to have an app and have your location able to be verified 24/7/365

Also two year ban for IV violations and they're now keeping samples for retroactive tests when new testing tech comes online.

Guys could test positive 2+ years later, according to the USADA

I'm done with Erick Silva. He's Uriah Hall'd me for the last time. Shows up one fight and is a wrecking machine. Shows up next fight and fights like a scrub.

Holloway/Oliveira fight is disappointing... That should have been a great scrap. Injury bug fucked us again...

I enjoy seeing Eric Silva get picked apart. :D Lots of finishes, better than expected. Sam Stout needs to hang 'er up, sadly.

I only caught the last 3 fights starting with Cote smashing Burkmann.

I was busy power washing the pool at my sister's house in Stockton. Gonna fill that shit up soon and have a party.

With what, dry grass and tears of sorrow? :twofinger :p

Burkmann... yeesh, I think he'll be heading back to WSOF to play patty cakes with Fitch again.

Meanwhile USADA an lines Olympic style location requirements for UFC athletes. You basically have to have an app and have your location able to be verified 24/7/365

Also two year ban for IV violations and they're now keeping samples for retroactive tests when new testing tech comes online.

Guys could test positive 2+ years later, according to the USADA

Ouch! :laughing MMA is going to turn into a tuff man competition cuz every action-figure looking super athlete is going to go by the wayside.

dude, that guy tore his goddamned esophagus in a freak injury. i was watching it with a friend who is a surgical nurse that works a lot of ENT surgeries and when i saw oliveiras movements i really thought that was going to be the first death in the ufc and she agreed.

Yeah I read the news stories earlier today.

That was a crazy occurence. I suppose if that happened, it's "good" it happened when it did and not when Max might have been laying some nasty ground and pound or locking up a choke or something...

Also, Nate Diaz vs Michael Johnson just got booked.

:p:party:laughing

jebYZd2.gif

I only caught the last 3 fights starting with Cote smashing Burkmann.

I was busy power washing the pool at my sister's house in Stockton. Gonna fill that shit up soon and have a party.

If you fill the pool, the house will sink... :laughing

A friend I wrestled with back in high school, Adam Piccolotti, is fighting at the SAP center on September 19th. Yeah, he's one of the early fights before Tito. He's selling tickets in sections 103 and 228, $78 and $53 respectively. I've only been to the SAP center twice, and sat in (I think) 201...? 2nd floor balcony center of the arena overlooking the cage. Which seats do you guys think are better to see the fight?

Back