• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Not sure if this video has been posted yet, it was interesting to me not for what is discussed. Yet for the size difference between Cyborg and Cupcake.

Well, I can see why Santos ain't going to make 135. I think Anderson had a better chance at hitting 170. Santos looks 2 weight classes bigger than Tate and not too dissimilar to Wanderlei.

Speaking of... have Wand and Cyborg ever been seen at the same place at the same time??? :wow

chwa3refw4t.jpg

UFC 191-I'll probably shoot myself in the foot but here goes my predictions:
Penningtom def Andrade-go Rocky!
Van Z def Chambers-although I want to see Paige smooshed cause it would give me great pleasure....not during this fight.
Anderson def Polish dude-he will win without losing any of his teeth this match.
Johnson def Manuwa-Johnson will get counseling and become a better man.
Mir vs. Arlovski-it pains me to make a prediction. I love both fighters too much to consider there will be a loser.
Mighty Mouse def Dodson-again.

Where are you watching 191, Melissa?

My birthday is next weekend so I'm going home. Maybe we can catch 192 together

Hey Rick James aka Harry Belfonte' Jr!
I will be remaining in the safety of my home for 191.
192 will bring with it additional predictions.

Happy early birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

New weight cutting rules for fighters in AK

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/3...commissions-leading-the-way-with-historic-new

Personally I think this is great and needs to be adopted by NSAC

Under the new rule, a fighter will weigh-in the day before the fight as usual and there will be second weigh-in the day of the fight. At the second weigh-in, if an athlete weighs more than 7.5 percent of his or her body weight from the previous day or more than the next weight class up, the bout will be called off.

It would be interesting to see a size comparison of fighters now vs. 10 years ago. Seems the 145lb class is full of pretty much average sized dudes and ever class above that is verging in to large to XXXXL territory. Shit, I don't even know how Brock made 265.

Think about it. Granted, I know these guys are elite athletes and are not even close to what the general population is, but still... a 170lb dude is pretty normal, maybe even on the smaller size of average. There are a lot of 170-ish lb dudes out there. But the guys who actuall fight at that weight class? Yeesh...

I think it's a big reason why GSP called it quits. I mean, yeah, he was much bigger than BJ and Sera, but both those guys like their pasta and loco moco. If GSP entered MMA today, he would absolutely be at 155.

So let's see.. Who's going to have to move up?

Hendricks, McGregor, probably Lombard, Linecker. Gastelum?

Also, if this is really happening,

Ronda is definitely never fight Cyborg. (not that the fight was close to happening before anyway)

Rousey woukd do good to learn from GSP

retire champ, and don't let the moronic "you gotta fight someone way out of your weight class" talk derail you (then let that Brazilian cheating pos ruin their own legacy)

The whole thing is so annoying.

Like, people bitch about Conor fighting at 145 and that he's too big for the weight class.

Conor and Cyborg are about the same walk around weight. 170. Conor makes weight but it's not the funnest time doing it as he's said. But they think Cyborg is gonna cut ANOTHER 10 lbs to 135. Please... She doesn't have another 10 lbs to lose at her current body frame.

And with no IV rehydration anymore...

The whole thing is so annoying.

Like, people bitch about Conor fighting at 145 and that he's too big for the weight class.

Conor and Cyborg are about the same walk around weight. 170. Conor makes weight but it's not the funnest time doing it as he's said. But they think Cyborg is gonna cut ANOTHER 10 lbs to 135. Please... She doesn't have another 10 lbs to lose at her current body frame.

And with no IV rehydration anymore...

Yeah, look at the vid of her next to Cupcake. She looks more than one weight class larger. I bet she's half a head taller than Honda and just bigger everywhere. I bet she barely makes '45, no frickin' way she's making '35. The talk needs to end.

So who y'all got this weekend?

PVZ by UD probably
Paul Felder by highlight reel KO
Fancisco Rivera by I'm-still-mad-Faber-eyepoked-me-TKO
Rumble by first death in the octagon
Arlovski by KO
Mighty Mouse by Submission

Back