• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Seems at this point that five years is a lifetime ban. Wouldn't think that's lost on anyone involved.

Such an unbelievably and laughably ridiculous fine/ban.

Holy shit, it's about the most retarded thing I have ever heard in view of all the fucking real cheaters. Christ!

I'm torn on it

One, it's just fucking weed. It shouldn't even be illegal.

Tho Diaz KNOWS it's not allowed, and it's his third time.

I'm not torn. Yeah, we're talking about Nick Diaz.

But the only thing that matters to me is that this is about the NSAC being power drunk assholes trying to make an example out of someone and going about it in the wrong way. And they probably did it because they thought, yeah we're dealing with Nick Diaz. He's already fucked up before.

While Anderson Silva only gets one year suspension for using steroids...

'Roids are cool, but pot brings disrepute on the whole sport! :wow

:|

It's not about pot as much as it's about just constantly breaking the rules.

Pot shouldn't be illegal, but it is, and when you constantly (3 times) flagrantly break the rules, there's consequences

It seems like Diaz just needed to apply for a therapeutic exemption, with doctors advice and such.

It's not about pot as much as it's about just constantly breaking the rules.

Pot shouldn't be illegal, but it is, and when you constantly (3 times) flagrantly break the rules, there's consequences

It seems like Diaz just needed to apply for a therapeutic exemption, with doctors advice and such.

He has his MM card from California, that's all he needs to make it legal in CA because it has a doctor's authorization. The state issues cards in NV, and if your medical condition isn't on "the list", you don't get a card, no matter what your doctor says. War between the states is all it is. MJ isn't a PED and NSAC's position is "he doesn't have a Nevada MM card, so we're going to suspend him".

If NSAC continues this, more fighters will refuse to fight there, and Las Vegas will lose the big draw fights. I'd like to see (but Dana's too big a pussy) UFC boycotting Nevada. It remains to be seen how many other fighters follow in Cejudo's footsteps, especially the big draws like Rousey.

Y'all keep talking about Nick and weed

and it's not even about that...It's not about Nick. This is about the NSAC and how they function. They exceeded their 'guidelines' which is basically a way to allow them to do whatever they want with punishments.

Henry Cejudo declared he will not fight in Nevada because of this. He gets it and this is what you should be worrying about. Alexander Gustafsson and other fighters have made their voices heard for similar reasons. This is not just about Nick Diaz smoking weed, regardless if he's been caught for it before.

Was Nick puffin on the herb at some point priar to the Silva fight? Most definitely likely. But the NSAC dropped the hammer on him based on ONE of the 3 samples taken from the Silva fight, that one sample being from the non WADA accredited lab. His other 2 samples from WADA accredited labs came back clean. But he got the book thrown at him because of that one sample. Look at the numbers between the 3 samples. It's inhuman for them to differ that much.

If Nick apologized and kissed the NSAC committee's ass, he likely would have gotten off with a lesser punishment. He did nothing of the sort and stuck to his guns of, "fifth amendment." If this case makes it to a real courtroom, the NSAC is fucked.

I am absolutely appalled at how the NAC handled the Nick Diaz matter. The issue here is not the magnitude of the penalties assessed to Nick Diaz, it is the process, or lack thereof, in determining Nick Diaz's guilt or innocence. Significant discrepancies existed between the test samples, and the NAC has an absolute obligation to resolve those discrepancies before the penalty phase of the disciplinary hearing was heard. What the NAC did was ignore due process and go straight to the penalty phase.

Forget the facts and existence of evidence, let's get down to the business of punishment. For the NAC to ignore the negative test results from Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratories (SMRTL), a WADA-approved testing facility specializing in the detection of performance enhancing drugs (PEDs), in favor of a "questionable" result from a non-approved and non-specialized PED facility is simply astonishing. For Chairman Aguilar to also state, "I think we do have a positive test today," is an appalling disregard of the full and careful consideration of all the facts. I believe it is an abuse of power under the color of authority, and a direct affront to the very concept and practice of due process. For NAC to further justify their decision based on the assertion that they don't have the budget to use a WADA-approved testing facility is like saying, justice and due process only applies if it comes at a deep discount and is affordable. The NAC decision does not appear to be based on fact or evidence, but on emotional arrogance.

I sincerely hope that the UFC enters the dialogue on this issue. If not publicly, then privately. It is very unfortunate, but I feel it's prudent to let the UFC know that Henry Cejudo will not be fighting in Nevada. I simply have no confidence that the NAC can manage a fair and credible testing process, or will act in a fair and unbiased manner. Henry has been tested well over a hundred times under the USOC/USADA program and never had a positive test result. That is because he has never used a banned substance, but also because, in each and every case, the testing was done by competent and unbiased personnel under a credible program utilizing WADA accredited labs.

I personally applauded the UFC for imposition of their anti-doping policy, as it comes with the legacy and credibility of USADA, as well as appropriate protocols and processes to ensure fair and credible testing. The opposite appears true with respect to the NAC. Until the NAC testing process can be independently reviewed, its findings made public, and corrective action taken, I personally do not believe it is a safe or credible place to conduct business. That includes a review of the recent actions and competencies of Commission members.

Others may want to roll the dice in Nevada, but I for one do not feel the NAC is capable of conducting itself in a manner consistent with their mission statement, appropriate enforcement of existing regulations, conducting business in a fair and unbiased manner, or the exercise of due process in their enforcement actions.

Y'all keep talking about Nick and weed

and it's not even about that...It's not about Nick. This is about the NSAC and how they function. They exceeded their 'guidelines' which is basically a way to allow them to do whatever they want with punishments.

Henry Cejudo declared he will not fight in Nevada because of this. He gets it and this is what you should be worrying about. Alexander Gustafsson and other fighters have made their voices heard for similar reasons. This is not just about Nick Diaz smoking weed, regardless if he's been caught for it before.

Was Nick puffin on the herb at some point priar to the Silva fight? Most definitely likely. But the NSAC dropped the hammer on him based on ONE of the 3 samples taken from the Silva fight, that one sample being from the non WADA accredited lab. His other 2 samples from WADA accredited labs came back clean. But he got the book thrown at him because of that one sample. Look at the numbers between the 3 samples. It's inhuman for them to differ that much.

If Nick apologized and kissed the NSAC committee's ass, he likely would have gotten off with a lesser punishment. He did nothing of the sort and stuck to his guns of, "fifth amendment." If this case makes it to a real courtroom, the NSAC is fucked.

That's exactly the point, but not just wrt punishments. NSAC's function is to ensure that sports competitions under it's jurisdiction are fair and safe. The general consensus is they've exceeded that authority, and now believe their charge is to regulate "morality", and that pot is "immoral".

The "negative" tests after the Silva fight still showed metabolites, and under the old WADA guidelines probably have been deemed positive as well. In 2013 WADA changed the levels needed for a test to indicate positive, the change was from 15ng/ml to 150ng/ml. His test in 2012 tested positive but the level found was only 25ng/ml. This time the non-WADA-approved lab test result was 300ng/ml, I haven't seen the exact levels for the WADA-approved lab results, only that they were negative, so must have been <150ng/ml.

Back