• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

I know the money they are paying him is not worth your head getting fucked for life. specially by a heavy hitter like Big Country.

You could say that about so many different professions. People take huge risk and don't focus on the long term risk.
A fighter can't easily go down the road and find an find an equally paying job. Its not a skill that's in high demand.

Hall with the big upset. I wonder who they are going to match him next with?

Nelson should probably go. He refuses to update his game or use his bjj, relies on a big right and concrete chin.

Yeah, damn, Big Country slimmed down then got it all back and then some, it looks like. Man, that fight was brutal.

I think going to 205 would be a bad idea for Roy. Those guys are just about as strong, but faster. He would not do well at 205, and at almost 40, even if he does trim down (which he could), he would still have a hard time cutting weight. Dude has never cut weight, would be hard to try to start now.

Fuckin' Hall... I was hoping Gegard would rip his arm off and jam it up his ass. :D

Yeah, damn, Big Country slimmed down then got it all back and then some, it looks like. Man, that fight was brutal.

I think going to 205 would be a bad idea for Roy. Those guys are just about as strong, but faster. He would not do well at 205, and at almost 40, even if he does trim down (which he could), he would still have a hard time cutting weight. Dude has never cut weight, would be hard to try to start now.

Fuckin' Hall... I was hoping Gegard would rip his arm off and jam it up his ass. :D

nelson needs to trim down even if he stays at HW. hes an out of shape old man, who just got dominated by an old guard ghuy who hasnt fought in two years

he WAS slimming and trimming. too bad tho. but like a lot of guys who possess that omne punch power, they rely on it so much that the rest of their game suffers. and even worse, as you get older, you just rely on it and dont evolve your game

Absolutely. He weighed in at 261 where he should be more like 230 and he'd still be chubby. He needs to throw more combos and use his ground game. He's on a bad losing skid, so I wouldn't be shocked if he were let go. They might keep him around since the HW division is so thin, but if they do, the next fight will be the make or break fight.

Absolutely. He weighed in at 261 where he should be more like 230 and he'd still be chubby. He needs to throw more combos and use his ground game. He's on a bad losing skid, so I wouldn't be shocked if he were let go. They might keep him around since the HW division is so thin, but if they do, the next fight will be the make or break fight.

hes lost 5 of his last 6 fights, only beating nog. probably trime to go

I think so, too, tho Dana has kept him around this long. Really, I think it's because he can be a draw for the smaller cards and there just aren't that many HW's right now.

UFC 192-my interest in this card is starting to peak.
fight pass matches-
Lewis def Pesta
Cariaso def Pettis
Northcutt def Travino
Martin def Makhachev

might be interesting. Looking forward to viewing Northcutt-hoping for a uniform failure.

Namajunas def Hill. Go Rose!!!!!!!!!
Jouban def Tumenov
Rodriguez def Hooker
Benevidas def Ali B-Go TAM!!!
Pena def Eye
Mago def Jordan
Bader def Evans
Hendricks vs. Woodley? I would prefer Hendricks for the win but fear Woodley will smash him.
Cormier def Gus.

What say you? Where will you be viewing the fights? Do you have any wagers on the fights?

I hate to root against Cormbread but I think Gus is gonna bring a fight. This will be a clinch on the fence fight unless Gus runs, and or gets taken down.

Can 're-born' Hendrix can stop Woodley from putting him into Orbit? I'd love to see him lay Woodley him out but he might hang in there for another one of those "just enough" performances for a decision.

Eye's boxing could keep Pena's flailing at bay, but she sure is persistent. (read: overhyped)

I don't see Bader beating Evans, Rashad is way more loose and active on his feet he'll be evading any big shots and picking Bader apart.

Namajunas def Hill. Go Rose!!!!!!!!!
Jouban def Tumenov
Rodriguez def Hooker
Benevidas def Ali B-Go TAM!!!
Pena def Eye
Mago def Jordan
Bader def Evans
Hendricks vs. Woodley? I would prefer Hendricks for the win but fear Woodley will smash him.
Cormier def Gus.

What say you? Where will you be viewing the fights? Do you have any wagers on the fights?

I am liking yer pics. :thumbup

akin to sports bra failures I am looking forward to the possible uniform failure during this match.

Um, go to the Reebok uniform he will be sporting.

Back