• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Zactly, also saved Meisha from retirement for at least another fight. Cat vs. Holm could be fun too. Ultimately I don't see Rousey as the champ moving forward but as one hell of a gatekeeper...

RONDA.jpg

:laughing

Division was stagnant long ago. Now there is a real fighter and a real athlete in there.

Yeah, she fell into the trap of believing her own bullshit fighting in division with relatively weak talent. Now she's gotten a glimpse of a higher standard.

Agree that she would be well served to find a real training camp.

I read some where that Ronda responded already post fight saying she is going to stick what she said before the fight, that she will take a break and come back for UFC 200 in July.

Zactly, also saved Meisha from retirement for at least another fight. Cat vs. Holm could be fun too. Ultimately I don't see Rousey as the champ moving forward but as one hell of a gatekeeper...

So, Tate vs. Holm when?

:teeth

Last edited:
My hope is that she returns to the sport and works her way back up through the ranks.
Oh wait-she will be given another opportunity to fight Holms for the belt? Why does the UFC do this?
A loss is a loss.

Why...? That was her first lost and almost all the chicks in the ranks she already ran through in less of a round. She does deserve a rematch right away but it won't be 6 months till now. Right now it's only Holms that actually can beat Ronda again and Pena/Cyborg are the only other chicks that are worth fighting Ronda

My hope is that she returns to the sport and works her way back up through the ranks.
Oh wait-she will be given another opportunity to fight Holms for the belt? Why does the UFC do this?
A loss is a loss.

All about the biggest draw. If Rousey should win wait for part III.

I don't think she deserves a re-match, but then again, who else is there for Holm? This is another Wiedman scenario, however, that is giving WAAAAY too much credit to Ronda. I think Anderson Silva, obnoxious as he may be, is multiple levels higher than Ronda in terms of fighting ability. He dominated a far, far more dangerous, competitive weight class than Ronda for a long time. Just the game and the players evolved. Ronda was gifted a very, very weak division with a massive marketing machine behind her.

But just as Wiedman blew Silva away twice, and totally legitimately beat Silva the first time around, so Holm did to Rousey. But worse, in my opinion. I haven't seen a one sided beatdown like that in a while.

My hope is that this brings in fresh, high level blood. In my opinion, Rousey can go away so the division can move forward and get refreshed. There's gotta be people out there who can do it, just a matter of finding them. Basically, flush the whole division and start over.

Meh. MMA fighters all lose.

Ronda made a mockery of all the other women. Holly's last fight was less than impressive. How soon they forget.

I predict Ronda getting mad and coming back and dominating. There were many reasons she lost this fight. But being "over-rated" isn't one of them, imo. Her wins were not flukes in any way not matter how much some (like me, lol) don't really like her and want to gloat and rewrite history.

I don't think she deserves a re-match, but then again, who else is there for Holm? This is another Wiedman scenario, however, that is giving WAAAAY too much credit to Ronda. I think Anderson Silva, obnoxious as he may be, is multiple levels higher than Ronda in terms of fighting ability. He dominated a far, far more dangerous, competitive weight class than Ronda for a long time. Just the game and the players evolved. Ronda was gifted a very, very weak division with a massive marketing machine behind her.

But just as Wiedman blew Silva away twice, and totally legitimately beat Silva the first time around, so Holm did to Rousey. But worse, in my opinion. I haven't seen a one sided beatdown like that in a while.

My hope is that this brings in fresh, high level blood. In my opinion, Rousey can go away so the division can move forward and get refreshed. There's gotta be people out there who can do it, just a matter of finding them. Basically, flush the whole division and start over.

Yeah, since the last six Ronda Rousey fights. :laughing

No, her wins were not flukes. She is an Olympic judoka fighting a bunch of Jazzercisers. She has talent, no doubt, just not as much as everyone seems to think.

Yeah, Ronda has finished a lot of people quickly, even a ko, but I don't think she's straight up beat up someone as badly as Holly beat her up.

:laughing

It'd be fun to see you in the ring with any one of them.

Broseph... never did I say that they couldn't take my lunch money. :twofinger I know they could, but then I'm not a pro fighter, don't pretend to be and have made no claims on ass-beating capability. But on the scale of talent in the UFC, the WBW div. is by far and away the worst. :party

How often do you hear people say this guy or that guy "sucks" at football, baseball, basketball, etc, etc, etc.? Someone who plays at the highest level. Obviously they don't suck because they wouldn't be where they are, but ultimately, they are entertainers. Characters in a play and we are their audience. I can boo if I damn well please. :twofinger

Yeah, Ronda has finished a lot of people quickly, even a ko, but I don't think she's straight up beat up someone as badly as Holly beat her up.
I think it's worse if you didn't last a minute with other fighter other than having a bloody match like co-main event.

Meh. MMA fighters all lose.

Ronda made a mockery of all the other women. Holly's last fight was less than impressive. How soon they forget.

I predict Ronda getting mad and coming back and dominating. There were many reasons she lost this fight. But being "over-rated" isn't one of them, imo. Her wins were not flukes in any way not matter how much some (like me, lol) don't really like her and want to gloat and rewrite history.

RR was not over-rated. She beat other fighters using her most winning and devastating skills in the octagon. If she has any fight left in her she will get back into training mode and learn new ways in which to defeat opponents.

That said, I think she will need not only time but practice bouts to finely hone her newly attained improvements. Start her at a lower rank and she can work her way back. Give her a rematch with HH too soon and we shall witness another defeat in her w/l column,

You might be missing the point that in the fight game you always need to evolve in order to remain a contender. RR might return to the ring with improved boxing skills. She might be trainable and if so we will see a more rounded fighter. Give her time and practice and have her fight her way back up in the rankings.

If she lost her energy and chutzpah to continue fighting then it's a wrap.

Back