• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

well overeem has to be done riggt?

dude just has zero chin. guy is 2-3 in the ufc and realitically should have beat both browne and bigfoot, whom he was smashing. before gettimg caufht. even against rothwell he was getting in cripser shots. but his D is so bad, chin so poor, that shots get through and hes out.

bad defense, and literally no chin anymore. might be time to hang em up.

I wonder if his kickboxing has anything to do with it. lots more shots to the head than most MMA fighters

Last edited:
Ya, he has a glass jaw for sure. Maybe not retire but just go to other venues like bellator or wsof. Kongo has a glass jaw also but is doing well outside of UFC.

Anyone watching Invicta FC 8? I sign up for the UFC fight pass.

Most of the comments I read recently about Overeem getting knocked out have to do with his chin. His chin might be questionable but that really had nothing to do with last night's fight.

He got punched in the fucking head. That's what dropped him.

I don't think he's done though. He's still too marketable to the UFC to cut him and let him jump ship to another promotion, IMO.

Most of the comments I read recently about Overeem getting knocked out have to do with his chin. His chin might be questionable but that really had nothing to do with last night's fight.

He got punched in the fucking head. That's what dropped him.

I don't think he's done though. He's still too marketable to the UFC to cut him and let him jump ship to another promotion, IMO.

poor defense on his part, which I think comes from kickboxing, i.e the gloves being so large.

he leaves his chin out too much, and drops his hands far to much.

poor defense on his part, which I think comes from kickboxing, i.e the gloves being so large.

he leaves his chin out too much, and drops his hands far to much.

No argument here. Agree on all parts. Rothwell even mentioned that Reem landed a big kick that he blocked but it broke his arm. And Reem landed a nasty knee that if he had swarmed, probably would have finished him.

And still Rothwell came back and knocked his ass out, broken arm and all.

Just had to say something when people were talking shit about Reem's chin. Yeah, that's true but that's not why he lost last night.

No argument here. Agree on all parts. Rothwell even mentioned that Reem landed a big kick that he blocked but it broke his arm. And Reem landed a nasty knee that if he had swarmed, probably would have finished him.

And still Rothwell came back and knocked his ass out, broken arm and all.

Just had to say something when people were talking shit about Reem's chin. Yeah, that's true but that's not why he lost last night.

I think it is though. everytime he loses, hes totally dominating the guy, then one shot fucks it all up

yes his D could be WAY better, and probably post roids he cant finish as well, but I think his chin is just gone. he cant take HW shots anymore.

a guy of overeems caliber has no business losing to ben rothwell. rothwel doesnt have half the skill reem does. but rothwell can take punishment, reem cant.

I think it is though. everytime he loses, hes totally dominating the guy, then one shot fucks it all up

yes his D could be WAY better, and probably post roids he cant finish as well, but I think his chin is just gone. he cant take HW shots anymore.

a guy of overeems caliber has no business losing to ben rothwell. rothwel doesnt have half the skill reem does. but rothwell can take punishment, reem cant.

His chin had nothing to do with his loss last night. Rothwell rocked him with a right hand in the head behind the ear and then swarmed til the fight was stopped.

On another note, I noticed Reem using a lot of oblique kicks. I was laughing and thinking, "yeah, it's obvious you've been training with Jon Jones.":laughing

His chin had nothing to do with his loss last night. Rothwell rocked him with a right hand in the head behind the ear and then swarmed til the fight was stopped.

On another note, I noticed Reem using a lot of oblique kicks. I was laughing and thinking, "yeah, it's obvious you've been training with Jon Jones.":laughing

how can you say it isnt a factor when he lost by KO? :laughing

lol had he lost on points, been submitted, got a cut, etc, sure i'd agree. but he was literally knocked out, AGAIN

how can you say it isnt a factor when he lost by KO? :laughing

Because the knockout punch wasn't a shot landed on his chin. I don't know if he's been nervous because he knows it's vulnerable or if Rothwell planned to aim at his face but the punch that knocked him out wasn't on his chin. So he's had a weak chin, yes, but a chin shot is not what knocked him out.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you on Reem's downfall. But last night was not a factor of weak chin.

Lol I don't mean literally chin omg

I mean he's an easily rocked guy

Gotta be more clear. My bads.

Then he's been very susceptible to

you-got-knocked-the-fugg-out-o.gif

for sure

Ya, I think we can all agree you never say the guy has a glass head. Doesn't matter where you get punch. If you start dancing like a gay Filipino from one punch, you just use the phrase glass jaw.

Lol I don't mean literally chin omg

I mean he's an easily rocked guy

Hehe, called it before I did. :laughing

Srsly, tho Reem SHOULD be undefeated in his UFC run. He's just had too damn many fights. It's too bad, if he didn't get run so easily and/or had better D-fence, he'd be downright scary.

Rothwell is an oaf, hard to watch that tool.

Glass jaw? The dude is getting clocked by some of the hardest punching men in the world.

He got hit by Ben Rothwell, repeatedly. That second shot would have killed most of us, lol. Anybody who gets hit by him is taking a nap!

At any rate, I always though Overeem was Overated. But his striking looked awfully crisp and his movement was good. Just got caught on the head by Big Ben.

At least 'roid was positive the next day. Maybe Ben knocked some positivity into the dude.

That Lauzon Chiesa fight sure was a fun watch! Wanna see the rematch of that.

I'm convinced Rin is a womens MMA killing machine developed by Japan to kill Meisha Tate, then Rhonda Rousey :rofl

[youtube]OPJKlxo3QU4[/youtube]

I'm on fight pass free trial right now so I'll watch this card.

I don't think I'll be cancelling it either. It's really nifty. Big fight library, Past PPV events, some original/in depth content, the entire library of TUF shows, Strikeforce, WEC, Invicta, etc.

IMO, it's akin to the same people that bitch about paying for motogp.com. Not many people were using it then a bunch of us started paying for gp.com and you see just how much content you get beyond just watching the race weekend. If you've never tried it, don't knock it. Only real difference is you still have to pay for PPV events or go catch 'em at a bar but I still think the service is worth it.

10 bucks a month ain't shit. I waste a lot more money every month than that on things I don't even remember. But if you're curious, 7 day free trial can't hurt. I went back and watched some of the other Fight Pass exclusive cards. Some were actually pretty good. And I can go back and watch every fight/card I missed over the past years. I don't really see a downside to having Fight Pass. :dunno

Last edited:
I'm on fight pass free trial right now so I'll watch this card.

I don't think I'll be cancelling it either. It's really nifty. Big fight library, Past PPV events, some original/in depth content, the entire library of TUF shows, Strikeforce, WEC, Invicta, etc.

IMO, it's akin to the same people that bitch about paying for motogp.com. Not many people were using it then a bunch of us started paying for gp.com and you see just how much content you get beyond just watching the race weekend. If you've never tried it, don't knock it. Only real difference is you still have to pay for PPV events or go catch 'em at a bar but I still think the service is worth it.

10 bucks a month ain't shit. I waste a lot more money every month than that on things I don't even remember. But if you're curious, 7 day free trial can't hurt. I went back and watched some of the other Fight Pass exclusive cards. Some were actually pretty good. And I can go back and watch every fight/card I missed over the past years. I don't really see a downside to having Fight Pass. :dunno

wel except with motogp.com you get the main event races

with fight pass you get low level cards with one marque fight (if that) and still have to pay for ppv.

Back