• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Return of the SCC Sportbike night ... new location!! (March 11th)

Am I the only one that thinks Kals food is borderline disgusting?

Hooters food is poor (unless you like wings, and I don't), but it's not that bad and most people almost never go, so it's tolerable when we do.

I've never seen so many complain about a meet location.:(

May I suggest those that don't care for this throw up some other venues for the future (preferably free venues, large lot, motorcycle involved if possible, decent food).:)

May I suggest those that don't care for this throw up some other venues for the future (that are free venues, large lot, motorcycle involved if possible, decent food).:)

:thumbup

No. Kal's food is :green. It's like backyard BBQ stuff, only overpriced.

Hooters is just slightly better, and their wings are decent.

p.s. I hear Mort is leading a post-meet full moon ride to Hicks!

ahaha i rarely eat at meets..im just there to chill...

Hooters wings are ehh....more like bones with batter...but still...havent been to a SCC for a bit and Spartan Riders are gonna be there so i might roll out :teeth

I haven't seen Club Auto Sport supporting any motorcyle enthustists before.
View attachment 298548

Understandably so, since they haven't been around too long (maybe 2 or 3 years max?). I meant they support the sports, not necessarily sponsor. Maybe this might be a great way of suggesting the idea to them though! :party

Anyone who hasn't been there is in for a real treat btw, amazing facility. They do large group tours, maybe we can all go on a "BARF group" tour sometime. :twofinger

Hooters food is poor (unless you like wings, and I don't), but it's not that bad and most people almost never go, so it's tolerable when we do.
May I suggest those that don't care for this throw up some other venues for the future (preferably free venues, large lot, motorcycle involved if possible, decent food).:)
More to the point, is any of this news to SCC? My guess is that they picked Kal's for proximity, not food. Guess #2: they didn't pick Hooters for the quality of the food. Guess #3: they knew there was a chance this change of venue would alienate the few female riders that might show up. Guess #4: they knew BARFers would complain about any change. Guess #5: If there's a large turnout tonight, they won't be considering any 'suggestions' about where to hold this meet next time.

But I'm just guessing.

I haven't been to a hooters yet that didn't make me feel :green and want to :bigbarf But hey, who needs great food when you have :boobies See everyone there, I think. :ride

The girls who aren't coming because of it being at "hooters", probably aren't worth the company anyways. :wtf

It's always a calculated risk to express an opinion that's likely to be not-too-well received by this male-dominated world. We know we'll be blasted, but for some reason, we still think that expressing our little opinions might have some minute worth. I expected plenty of "get over it"s and "what's the big deal?"s I had no doubt that this would be a popular venue for the gents, but I also wanted to express my disappointment to SCC; this choice clearly caters to the male riders. If that's what SCC wants to do, then they're doing an excellent job! :thumbup I have a VERY hard time believing that there would be absolutely NO notion that this choice of venues would be at least slightly controversial.

I look forward to a time when our sport becomes SATURATED with female riders, and our opinions are of equal value to that of our male counterparts! :teeth

Saying that the girls who are expressing negative opinions probably aren't worth have around anyway is as likely to happen on BARF as is the Godwin Law to take effect. :twofinger

If you think your own female friends (several of whom have expressed their opinions here...including someone rather SPECIAL to you, no? :laughing) aren't worth the company, then....well...then enjoy all your MALE company! :rofl :twofinger

I'm still waiting for the answer about whether or not the next SCC is going to be held at Chippendales! :twofinger

So once again... anyone coming from or going through the san mateo area?

Would be way cool!! Me and Pandy could sit out in the parking lot all night with our owl, teaching it tricks and telling it stories while everyone whoops it up inside...hmmmmmm SO tempting!

Speaking for we 2 laideez, even though it seems like we arent alone hiya Mustanggirl :wave, we dont feel so welcome.

Aww... but, but... I wanted to hear the stories and let you to teach *me* tricks! *Grinn*

Seriously, yeah, Hooters wouldn't have been my first choice but I'm not on the decision committee. Right now I'm waffling over thinking of it as a SCC event and an event at Hooters.

Hmm. If I could pass for a Chippendale's dancer, I'd bring my bow tie...

I'm still waiting for the answer about whether or not the next SCC is going to be held at Chippendales! :twofinger

This is a very silly question. You are asking if we are going to host our bike meet at a strip club? No, we would never have our meet at at strip club male or female. At Chippendales, I could only imagine the dancers shake their jung all over the viewers. At Hooter the waitress simply asks " Would you like a beer with your chicken wings? "

This is a very silly question. You are asking if we are going to host our bike meet at a strip club? No, we would never have our meet at at strip club male or female. At Chippendales, I could only imagine the dancers shake their jung all over the viewers. At Hooter the waitress simply asks " Would you like a beer with your chicken wings? "

but I thought it wasn't about the location? it was all just about "motorcycling" right? so ... MEN, QUITCHERBITCHIN and show up to Chippendales, we'll talk motos, just ignore the junk in your face all the time. Whats the big deal, GOSH!
/extreme sarcasm :p

/me starts cashing in my $20's for $1's

w00h000! I'm ready to go!
69.gif

Last edited:
there's no chip'n dales super moto bike :cool, although that might be pretty funny

there's no chip'n dales super moto bike :cool, although that might be pretty funny

....YET!!! "there's no chip'n dales super moto bike... YET!" :thumbup

Nope, I do too Mike.

And to paraphrase some other folks who said it better than me:

In the summer I see hotter girls at the market when I'm grocery shopping.

and

Hooters isn't a whore house, and its not a place where a customer can get a lap dance, so there is no disrespect.

I will be there on the R6 to meet some of you guys and specifically a few buell guys from a buell forum :p.

Ill be the real young looking kid with a 2005 raven.

Come introduce yourself!

Back