• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GYM
Sun - Jul 18

Woke up from nap. Drove my fat ass to the gym and did a quick 30-min circuit of most bodyparts.

5-Min Shoot Hoops (Shoulder Warm Up)
1x30 - BB Mil Press
1x20 - BB Wrist Curl
1x10 - DB Curl
1x30 - Jumping Jacks
1x10 - DB Shldr Press
1x30 Seconds - Run in Place
1x10 - DB Lateral Raise
1x10 - Bodyweight Squat
1x20 - Lunge
1x10 - DB Bent Over Flye
1x10 - Cable Face Pull
1x10 - Cable Tri Ext
1x10 - Hanging Leg Raise
1x10 - Leg Press
1x10 - Calf Raise
1x10 - Leg Ext
1x40 - Bench Press
1x200 Feet - Farmer Carry w/Plate

FOOD

• 3 Eggs & 2 Slices Wheat
• Breakfast Burrito & Coke
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• Seaweed Salad & Sushi
• Cherries

MACROS

Too lazy to calc.

Last edited:
They make those cheap amazon addons where you anchor it to some free weights but I didn't like that idea so I found this video and made one of my own. Total cost of materials was less than $40.

[YOUTUBE]_z-6Wk5tIVU[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome, thanks Agent!

Did a quick back/bicep session on Friday.

I decided that I am moving up my weight loss cycle to this week and doing it for a month. Going to be doing about an hour + of cardio which will be treadmill, rowing and some heavy bag work with 16oz gloves. I am thinking about adding some wrist weights to make it harder as well but will see how it goes. I will also transition to doing longer sets with lighter weights to try and keep up muscle tone/strength during the month.

Diet will be my old standby of the following:
First meal - oatmeal and protein shake
snack - 6oz protein or protein shake with equivalent grams of protein
lunch - 6oz protein with some veggies
dinner - either fish or some other protein and veggies

Last time I did this i lost a ton of weight and with my new habits I should be able to keep it off as currently I am not really gaining or losing so I figure if I can keep portions under control after the month is up I should be good to keep it off afterwards.

Wish me luck I hope to be down a shirt size by the end of August.

Good luck Sharxfan!

One question, how many grams of protein per 6 oz of shake?

I want to say one scoop is 25g so I figured it would be 2 scoops to get ~50g which I think equals one 6oz portion of chicken breast. Probably have to add some water so it doesn't make pudding out of it....

Did a quick back/bicep session on Friday.

I decided that I am moving up my weight loss cycle to this week and doing it for a month. Going to be doing about an hour + of cardio which will be treadmill, rowing and some heavy bag work with 16oz gloves. I am thinking about adding some wrist weights to make it harder as well but will see how it goes. I will also transition to doing longer sets with lighter weights to try and keep up muscle tone/strength during the month.

Diet will be my old standby of the following:
First meal - oatmeal and protein shake
lunch - 6oz protein with some veggies
dinner - either fish or some other protein and veggies

Last time I did this i lost a ton of weight and with my new habits I should be able to keep it off as currently I am not really gaining or losing so I figure if I can keep portions under control after the month is up I should be good to keep it off afterwards.

Wish me luck I hope to be down a shirt size by the end of August.

Let’s do this!

Not so much protein intake as keeping to a small meal portion and eating often to keep up metabolism. I think it is heavier on the protein than carbs but I am eating oatmeal in the morning and vegetables with major meals protein only is for the snacks in between major meals. I think it would wind up being 245 grams of protein a day. Not really that much considering.

.8 grams of protein for every pound of body weight is what I shoot for.

Today's workout

1 mile run
hex bar deadlift pyramid sets 305 x 3, 275 x 5, 215 x 7
landmine front squats 3 x 7 at 125 lbs
farmers walks
various ab exercises 100 reps
60 hanging knee raises

Really loving this new viking bar, I can shoulder the barbell and get deeper in my front squat.

.8 grams of protein for every pound of body weight is what I shoot for.

Today's workout

1 mile run
hex bar deadlift pyramid sets 305 x 3, 275 x 5, 215 x 7
landmine front squats 3 x 7 at 125 lbs
farmers walks
various ab exercises 100 reps
60 hanging knee raises

Really loving this new viking bar, I can shoulder the barbell and get deeper in my front squat.

Nice workout AO.

My goals:

Ht: 5’6”
Wt: 150 (pre Covid)

Cal - 1675
Pro - 150
Carb - 100
Fat - 75

GYM
Monday - July 19, 2021

15-Min Indoor Soccer
6x3-10 - BB Mil Press
8x10 - DB Lateral Raise
5x4-10 - DB Shoulder Press
1x10 - BB Shrug
5x8 - OH 360 Shoulder Rotation w/Plate
1x20 - Calf Raise

FOOD

• Bagel & Cream Cheese
• Banana & 2 Peaches
• Turkey Breast, Hummus, 1 Slice Ezekiel & Broccoli
• Pre Workout
• 9 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• Raw Spinach & Cherry Tomatoes
• Nigiri

MACROS

TBD

Started new routine last night and man does it suck. Turns out if I hit the cardio hard before a weightlifting routine weight during reps goes way down. Doing lighter weights with more reps to keep up strength during the next month.

45 minutes on the treadmill 3.3MPH at 6% incline
4x15 machine bench press at ~60% max weight
4x15 butterfly
4x20 tricep pushdown

I was recently told I'm pre-diabetic and had some high BP readings. I didn't change much except starting noticing how much sodium is in a lot of the foods I love :cry and stopped eating so much of them. I got a great BP reading just now at the hospital. It's eerie how much a small change in diet can affect such things.

Now I need to work on losing a few lbs. Unfortunately, during COVID I picked up baking in a major way. I don't eat a lot of sweets but the macarons need to be checked daily to see when they mature so what you gonna do. :dunno

I've started walking a bit more since I've been back at the office and I'm hoping that will help. I have mobility issues with my right knee so walking seemed like a good place to start.

I was recently told I'm pre-diabetic and had some high BP readings. I didn't change much except starting noticing how much sodium is in a lot of the foods I love :cry and stopped eating so much of them. I got a great BP reading just now at the hospital. It's eerie how much a small change in diet can affect such things.

Now I need to work on losing a few lbs. Unfortunately, during COVID I picked up baking in a major way. I don't eat a lot of sweets but the macarons need to be checked daily to see when they mature so what you gonna do. :dunno

I've started walking a bit more since I've been back at the office and I'm hoping that will help. I have mobility issues with my right knee so walking seemed like a good place to start.

I have to worry about diabetes in a big way as it runs in my family so I have to be super careful. So far so good I get tested every year. This year is the first I had a slightly higher than normal A1C reading.

Good luck with everything and check in here the people are supportive and it helps to have someone at your back.

GYM
Wed - July 21, 2021

10-Min Shoot Hoops
1x30 - Push Ups
1x30 - Bench Press
6x3-10 - Bench Press
5x10 - Cable Flye
5x10 - Cable Decline Flye

FOOD

• Jamba Juice Greens & Ginger w/Whey
• Peach
• Cherries
• Butternut Squash Soup, Turkey Breast & Slice Ezekiel
• Pre Workout
• 12 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• Chicken Wrap (toss half the tortilla to cut carbs)
• 3 Dates & 1 Grapefruit

MACROS

TbD

Last edited:
So hit the gym yesterday and here is what happened.

45 minutes on the treadmill fast walk
4x20 seated bicep curls
4x10 barbell shoulder raises front and side
4x20 reverse butterfly machine
4x20 preacher curls
4x20 rear shoulder pull backs

Flat press reverse pyramid sets 185 x 3, 165 x 7, 145 x 9
DB Rows, 3x8 at 52 lbs
Wide grip pull ups, 3x8
Incline press, 3x7 at 135 lbs
DB Lat raises, 2x12 at 15 lbs
DB skull crushers 3x8 at 35 lbs
DB hammer curls 3x10 at 30 lbs

Taught BJJ class afterwards with some light rolling at the end

I was just thinking about this and for some reason when I do shoulders I always sleep like shit that night. Maybe it's because I am a stomach sleeper and that puts stress on the shoulders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back