• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GYM
Wed - Aug 4

15-Min Shoot Hoops & Dribble
5x10 - Cable Decline Flye
5x10 - Cable Incline Flye
3x10 - DB Upright X Over
3x10 - Cable X Over
3x10 - Cable Flye on Bench

FOOD

• McD SM w/Egg
• Skinless Chicken & Rice Broccoli
• 3 Nectarines & 1 Plum
• Raw Pumpkin Seeds
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• Poke Bowl (eat 1/2 rice, toss 1/2 to cut carbs)

MACROS

Cal 1889
Pro 120
Carb 177
Fat 79

GYM
Thursday ~ Aug 5

15-Min Shoot Hoops & Dribble (really loosens/warms my shldrs!)
5x20 - Cable External Rotation
5x20 - Cable Internal Rotation
5x20 - Cable 90° External Rotation
5x20 - Cable 90° Internal Rotation
5x10 - Cable Face Pull
5x20 - DB Bicep Tendon Curl
5x10 - OH 360 Shldr Rotation w/Plate
3x30 - BB Military Press

FOOD

• BK Sausage Croissanwich (Cal 515 - P 18 - C 30 - F 30)
• Banana
• Skinless Chicken & Riced Broccoli
• Pro Shake
• Pumpkin Seeds
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• 4 oz Grilled Tofu
• Shrimp Poke Bowl

MACROS

Cal 1968
Pro 108
Carb 243
Fat 63

TODAY’S INSPIRATION

I semi-follow Paul Sklar. He’s pretty fit for 49-50! His wife is also fit plus she has nice feet :love

hSv8XBKX_400x400.jpg

He is a bit strong:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSHhIa3gHL2/?utm_medium=copy_link

Last edited:
Hubby's new Tonal will be here Monday. Furniture rearranging happening Sunday. :x

GYM
FRI ~ AUG 6

3x10 - DB Bench Flye
3x29 - Cable X Over
3x60 Seconds - Rope Trainer
4x20-30 - Calf Raise
3x16 - Kettleball Tibialis Anterior Lifts
2x20 - BB Wrist Curl
5x10 - DB Wrist Curl
5x10 - DB Reverse Wrist Curl
5x20 - DB Forearm Twist
3x10 - Cable Cross Over
2x10 - Hanging Leg Raise

FOOD

• 2 Eggs, Turkey Burger (P25 C0 F15) & 2 Slices Udi
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• Korean Fried Chicken, Rice, Sweet Potato Fries & kimchi
• 1 Tequila

MACROS

TBD

Last edited:
GYM
saturday ~ august 7

2x20 - BB Military
5x200 Feet - Farmer Carry w/Plates
3x16 - OH Shldr 360 w/Plate
3x10 - OH Tri Ext w/Plate
2x10 - Curling Bar
3x10 - Dips
5x10 - Bench Press
1x3 - Bench Press to Failure
1x18 - Bench Press
3x10 - BB One Arm Upright Row

FOOD

• 2 Eggs, 2 Bacon & 2 Slices Udi’s
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• Taiwan Street Food: chicken, rice, broccoli, carrots, tofu and egg
• Beer
• Casper’s Hot Dog, Fritos & Coke :love

MACROS

No bueno.

Last edited:
GYM
sunday ~ august 8

Quick workout. Most bodyparts to maintain basal metabolic rate.

1x10 - DB Lateral Raise
1x10 - DB Curl
1x10 - DB Shldr Press
1x10 - Cable Reverse Flye
1x10 - Prone DB Decline Flye a la Simeon Panda
1x10 - Hanging Leg Raise
1x10 - Calf Raise
1x10 - Leg Press
1x10 - Leg Ext

FOOD

Sometimes when I cheat, I throw 1/2 away.

• 1/2 Donut
• 1/2 Breakfast Burrito
• Pre Workout
• Cheeseburger, 1/10 Fries & 1/2 Coke

MACROS

It’s the weekend :twofinger

Last edited:
So now I just did 4 sets of flat bench, dumbell press, 10x30, 10x40, 8x50 and 5x52.5 --- then I did 3 sets of incline press, 30, 40, 50.

Then I did some tricep and bicep specific exercises.

What else should I add to be a well rounded chest/arms workout day? Should I be do another set of some kind of chest exercise?

So now I just did 4 sets of flat bench, dumbell press, 10x30, 10x40, 8x50 and 5x52.5 --- then I did 3 sets of incline press, 30, 40, 50.

What else should I add to be a well rounded chest/arms workout day? Should I be do another set of some kind of chest exercise?

Could add flies, skull crushers, lateral raises and rows to that.

Thanks!

Should I keep rows to a back day? I want to do the pullups on a different day now.

Can I do skull crushers with a dumbell?

Don't forget your decline presses and military presses, as well.

I've put arm crank back into my lifting workout, 40 second hard to burn with 60 second slow crank rest for 7 sets (aiming to get back to 10). I do it that way to work through my energy systems, by the time I get to set 7 my glucose is pretty much depleted and doesn't have enough time to recover so I'm in aerobic realm. I prefer the krankcycle but my gym doesn't have them. It's no fun but I'm ripped by the time I'm done.

9050032L_a32.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!

Should I keep rows to a back day? I want to do the pullups on a different day now.

Can I do skull crushers with a dumbell?

Yes, I do DB skullcrushers off my bench. To me, DB rows are more of a shoulder exercise. You could make the argument pullups work back more than arms but I do them the same day as my uppers.

Jordan what equipment do you have access to? Fully, typical gym?

Not to be a fan boy, but Cavalleri's vids and breakdowns are really good. Probably the best I've seen. Athleanx on YouTube. His day splits I've started using and some workouts too..they're some of the few I'm impressed w/ enough to switch to.

Earlier in the thread I posted the Rogue push down loops. They're like $40. If you're working with a cable unit that you can use them on, buy them and use them for finishing triceps. They're far superior to the traditional rope pushdowns. Far, far superior. Lots of extension and several different holds you can use.

YMMV.

Don't forget your decline presses and military presses, as well.

I've put arm crank back into my lifting workout, 40 second hard to burn with 60 second slow crank rest for 7 sets (aiming to get back to 10). I do it that way to work through my energy systems, by the time I get to set 7 my glucose is pretty much depleted and doesn't have enough time to recover so I'm in aerobic realm. I prefer the krankcycle but my gym doesn't have them. It's no fun but I'm ripped by the time I'm done.

9050032L_a32.jpg

Interesting. I've loved rowers and hand cranks. When I put a few more pieces in my gym with the WEST auctions BK auction of two newer gyms, I grabbed one of the Matrix units:

https://www.matrixfitness.com/us/eng/group-training/cardio/krankcycle

w_500

The thing is almost brand new and cost me $500. New price is around $4K I think...refurb units are like $2,500.

I got a Marpo VMX V2 rope trainer too that I've used a few times and don't really like the cadence/ exercises too much. I use these in between sets if I need a short rest to keep HR up..the rope trained doesn't get me stiff, so I think I'l sell it. I'd sell it for what I'm in it...great shape, newish, etc. I think these things are around $5,500 new, $3,500 used. I'm in $1,300 or so. Marpo is based out of Livermore which is good too...

I have a bench, dumbells up to 52.5, bands, kettlebells (25, 35, 45), and a pullup bar. I am not joining a gym anytime soon.

I LOVE the Matrix units, Berto! :thumbup

It's a great addition for your gym and you got a hell of a price!

Try out doing 40 second sprints with it at a resistance that has your arms and shoulders burning, then give yourself 60-80 seconds for recovery (partial) and do it again for 10 sets. I did it standing up with the matrix with 10 seconds left leg forward, 10 seconds right leg forward and 20 seconds both feet even, that gave my core a really good workout along with my arms and shoulders. It's a tough regimen, have some good songs playing to get your through it, but you'll get an arm and shoulder pump that will be impressive. Also, if you use a heavy bag you'll find that after awhile you can go at full speed on the heavy bag for 2 minutes without feeling like you pushed it. When I was doing that, I knew that if I ever got in a bar fight I could easily take on 3 people and know I could put all 3 down unless they were MMA fighters.

I have a bench, dumbells up to 52.5, bands, kettlebells (25, 35, 45), and a pullup bar. I am not joining a gym anytime soon.

The 52.5 number totally spoofed me...but I figured it out. That's a decent mix you've got. Do you have budget to add a few things? An easy curl bar and a few 10 and 5 lb/ plates can go a long ways. I really like the Rogue EZ-curl stuff too...with used plates. There's a fair amount of stuff on sale now with gyms continuing to struggle, etc. I've been using my bands a lot more (w/ handles) and finding all kinds of uses for them. If you're looking for more stuff, let me know and I'll check back in when I see it come up. I'm always looking to expand my equipment too.

I LOVE the Matrix units, Berto! :thumbup

It's a great addition for your gym and you got a hell of a price!

Try out doing 40 second sprints with it at a resistance that has your arms and shoulders burning, then give yourself 60-80 seconds for recovery (partial) and do it again for 10 sets. I did it standing up with the matrix with 10 seconds left leg forward, 10 seconds right leg forward and 20 seconds both feet even, that gave my core a really good workout along with my arms and shoulders. It's a tough regimen, have some good songs playing to get your through it, but you'll get an arm and shoulder pump that will be impressive. Also, if you use a heavy bag you'll find that after awhile you can go at full speed on the heavy bag for 2 minutes without feeling like you pushed it. When I was doing that, I knew that if I ever got in a bar fight I could easily take on 3 people and know I could put all 3 down unless they were MMA fighters.

Good info, gonna try it Brett. I originally bought it for Stanton cause the seat is removable and he has a shitty table mounted crank cycle. I kinda wanna keep it now...so I may make him come over to my place to use it.

I prefer to exercise outside in nature and this wildfire smoke is really cramping my style. :flame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back