• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What are your favorite Motorcycle movies?

*sigh* its not a movie, but i like anything from JVB productions... i'll boot up his DVD's and just watch him change oils or tires.

Thanks to this thread I have watched

Worlds fastest Indian
Faster
On any Sunday

9 pages of posts and only one slight mention

Of the greatest Daredevil to ever live.
When I was a kid everyone wanted to be this guy...Evel Knievel.
Ohh shit I might of revealed my age.:p
We made ramps, jumped curbs, the feeling of freedom when your bike left the ground, and you were Airborne.:teeth
He was X Games shit before the X Games was the X Games:ride
Nobody crashed harder than this man.
Its rumored that he broke nearly every bone in his body.
George Hamilton did him some justice :thumbup

Attachments

• Evelknievelpost.jpg
    Evelknievelpost.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 17
Take it to the limit, by Peter Starr in 1980.(documentary) Hard to find but worth it if only for the shakey video of Kenny Roberts winning the Indy mile on the tz750. Also includes clips of Barry Sheene, Mike Hailwood and others. Surprised it has not been mentioned yet.

Take it to the limit, by Peter Starr in 1980.(documentary) Hard to find but worth it if only for the shakey video of Kenny Roberts winning the Indy mile on the tz750. Also includes clips of Barry Sheene, Mike Hailwood and others. Surprised it has not been mentioned yet.

your accurate comments "Hard to find" and "Surprised it has not been mentioned" summarize the tragedy of this fine man's too-little known M/C film career

Couple years ago, they did a revival of this movie down here in So Cal. I think it was sponsored by the local free bike magazine (who's name I can't remember, Free 2 Wheel?? -- anyway).

Wife and I went to see.

At the time, it was, afaik, the only "published" film of Kenny's ride, and that was the primary reason I saw it.

Good movie as I recall.

And Kenny's ride was, well, Kenny's ride.

Does the Impossible Kid starring the 2'9" Weng Weng as Agent 00 count?
weng-weng.gif

The whole movie is on youtube.com

Watched hitting the apex, really enjoyed it. I have only been riding streetbikes for 2 years so only been following moto gp during that time.

Also don't believe anyone mention grease 2

[youtube]C8DWu2lJs7Q[/youtube]

Knightriders is a good one that I didn't see listed yet.

[Youtube]5RB3DoJRoYc[/youtube]

"On any Sunday"

Mine to, I watched it in the movie theaters when it came out in the sixties, I actually work with an old famous flat tracker named Jim Odom, he says he was in it and helped make it, I will have to watch it again and see :afm199

V Four Victory.

One of the first camera on bike vids (1983, full size 16mm movie camera), Joey Dunlop fast lap on the Isle of Man TT.

Hmmm, not complete movies but...Tron, Tron Legacy, Matrix Revolutions for the Trinity/998FE chase scene, Fled for the 916 chase scene...

And Fast, Faster, Fastest...the MotoGP documentaries.

I really liked "Hitting the Apex" - saw it in the theatre. It was excellent, I thought...:thumbup

I haven't read the entire thread, but I would list these:

Why we ride
Worlds Fastest Indian

worlds fastest indian hit me pretty hard. when I was single, my life was kind of single purpose to the pursuit of human speed. Motorcycles, bicycles, and turbo cars. Workshop in my living room. Hell, I think we even got my motorcycle in there...

I related to that character a lot. I think a lot of us dudes saw ourselves in the character, and Anthony Hopkins really did his part so damn well.

I liked Motorcycle Diaries a LOT. Reading about the young Che as a doctor, seeking to save the world...it's kind of how I got myself into medicine. Hopefully I don't end up threatening to blow up the world with nuclear weapons like he did...

I ran across Silver Dream Racer and it made me think of this thread.

Easy find on Xenforo beta test site. Man it will be nice having that work!
Only bummer is seeing friends who are no longer here or with us. :rose

Click the link to watch.. won't play here. Also go back to the begining to see and hear the classic two smoke GP bikes. Don't know why it won't start at the beginning :dunno

[YOUTUBE]zYQzltebVnQ[/YOUTUBE]

Must be some newer ones since this thread is 8 years old!

Last edited:
Back