• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What are your favorite Motorcycle movies?

Long ways around series on netflix rocks!
get to see the world on motorcycle? c'mon.. it is awesome!

This looks quite bad ass!
do you know if it is available on netflix?

Don't think so. I think they are trying to sell it on their own website as a download.

haven't seen "One Crazy Ride" mentioned yet. good flick.
[youtube]mkb4558ym5w[/youtube]

On Any Sunday is always great. Also love the jump scene in The Great Escape.

Chrome and Leather. So bad it's fucking terrible. If I remember right, it's about a Nam Vet getting even with a motorcycle gang who defiled his girlfriend. The gang rides two strokes. Also I think the first Billy Jack movie features him against a motorcycle gang. It was titled "The Born Losers". Gotta love IMDB.

Just watched World's Fastest Indian for the first time because of this thread. My Wife and I enjoyed it, good movie

I also watched On Any Sunday for the first time and it was pretty wierd to see my old landlord Donnie Castro in it when he was young. I knew he used to moto it up and has a shop outside Hollister right now but I didn't know exactly what he used to do

Last edited:
I had no idea there was a Wild Hogs 2.... Is it as good as the first one?

Just because a movie has motorcycles in it, does not make it a motorcycle movie.

Easy Rider, as an example, had nothing to do with bikes, in my opinion. But, the choppers were "cool" for the time and audience. Route 66 had a convertible 'vette. It wasn't about cars, either.
:burnout

Just because a movie has motorcycles in it, does not make it a motorcycle movie.

You got that right...

349Fled.jpg

No one has seen Race for Glory? Kevin Schwantz, on the big screen -- in Pepsi livery! The road test at the beginning was great.

Fastest Indian, Dust to Glory, Long Way Round. I didn't care for Long Way Down. They simply weren't on their own enough. We did get to see a 2hr version of LWD in one of the Fathom Event one time theater things. That version was good. The series was too long.

I must chime in with Feasting on Asphalt, the mini-series with Alton Brown. He did two of these. Both are good, first one was better.

And I have to toss Madagascar 3 in to the hat. Yea, it's all 3D animated. But the scenes with the Circus Bear doing trials on the Ducati are a scream.

Easy Rider, as an example, had nothing to do with bikes, in my opinion. But, the choppers were "cool" for the time and audience. Route 66 had a convertible 'vette. It wasn't about cars, either.
:burnout

:wtf

Motorcycles represented the very freedom that the movie was trying to convey. The choppers were as much the movie's stars as Fonda and Hopper.

:wtf

Motorcycles represented the very freedom that the movie was trying to convey. The choppers were as much the movie's stars as Fonda and Hopper.
Did I not say that the choppers were "cool" (right) for the time and audience? Obviously, it worked on for you. That still doesn't make it a bike movie. I loved the movie. I rode bikes. I felt zero kinship with the biker parts. But I was a "serious" rider, at the time. :x
:laughing
Next, you're going to tell us that this isn't a motorcycle movie:
Ya betcha. :twofinger

Back