• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Broke the Primary Drive belt on my Light Bee AGAIn
[YOUTUBE]En16_3dPFbU[/YOUTUBE]

Hi guys, I'm new to the dirt scene. I picked up a 98 Crf100 in really good shape. Fires right up and runs awesome.

I didn't ever think a 100cc was going to be something I could ride. But this thing is fun ! So light and great to get our feet wet(well dirty). Going to look for another for me so me and my son have something to bond with as he grows older. It's so much better than the piece of junk chinese Grom clone I have too !!🤣🤣🤣 Should have known.

Green sticker in effect and replaced a tube. Hopefully I can find good info here on places to ride. I'll probably ask my local police department of any trials around my area where they might "not really say anything".

Attachments

• 20210131_141558.jpg
    20210131_141558.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 10
Take it to Carnegie and ride it around there. They have plenty of trails that you'll like.

I didn't know that was in Tracy. Man I hope we can get back to more normal open state soon. That's perfect. Beginner trails also. This is a whole new world for me.

I didn't know that was in Tracy. Man I hope we can get back to more normal open state soon. That's perfect. Beginner trails also. This is a whole new world for me.
Carnegie is half way between Tracy and Livermore. It's easier to get to from the Tracy side.

Update:

Finally got out to Carnegie over the weekend with the new TX. Swapped over the suspension, carb, RKTek head and the Clake. Carb settings didn't cross over the way I wanted (new bike is lean in the mid, didn't have the same explosive power the other one did) so I spent time playing with needles and clip position. Close but still need to play some more.

I did however get to ride with the Clake and love it. Throw is pretty long (it can be adjusted) so the engagement range is longer than a regular one. Pull is easy one finger and you can slip it all day without your finger cramping. I noticed no lag in how the clutch reacts, so much so I'm wondering exactly what they did in that housing....flat out works great.

It's kinda' ugly, like a big lump on the bar but the added control is totally worth it. Not a must have but if you're riding techie stuff it will allow you to dial in what you're doing to a finer degree.

Now to swap out JD red for an NEDW and see if that gets me what I want on the carb...With the first bike I think I moved the clip one position and was done. Wonder if the Fatty is causing the change? Stronger mid will want more fuel, JD red gets it there but I'm getting some staccato at about 1/8 throttle (too rich off idle).

Sweet, I've been considering a Clake for my xtrainer so now I really want to see how yours feels. My brother was out there Saturday morning and said it was already dry.

Went to the TDS trial in Grass Valley on Sunday, was a very nice venue. They did a great job of including a lot of variety in the sections and the conditions weren't as bad as I heard they were on Saturday. As usual, I did worse on the INT sections than I did on the EXP for most part. Had a few stupid 5's but overall had a great time. Think there were 85+ riders on Saturday and 74 on Sunday. Lots of new riders and LOTS of Vertigos :)

Gotta get ready for Burrows ranch in 2 weeks time, that is always a good event just hope it's not another mudder with rain in the forecast this coming weekend.

Changed out all fluids. New tires. Chain.
Getting ready for sale.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210315-172018_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210315-172018_Gallery.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 23
Next time we go to Carnegie I'll bring the TX so you can give it a shot, would be a good add to the xtrainer.

Post up a TDS review in the trials sticky, only have 2 hs minus on the bike since we rode at Metcalf with the surgery in between. Need a little more time but will be going to Rocky.

finished rebuilding the top and bottom end, just waiting for the right piston to get here on Friday so I can take it out on Sunday and break it in:cool

So I got to ride with the Clake up at Stonybarf for a good amount of time on the typical stony trails and found out more about the action. If you use it once it feels like a regular clutch with long and light pull. If you use it a number of times in quick succession it doesn't go back to the same starting point, only about half way out. Still works like a regular clutch at half throw so no slipping or added effort, if you wait about 5-10 seconds it extends back to full out position.

I think it has a spring that gets stretched with hydraulic force when you use the lever; that stored spring force is stored and added to your next pull reducing how much effort you put in. If there isn't enough time for that spring force to build it works more like a normal clutch.

It didn't effect my riding at all but I did find myself wondering when the lever would reset at times (you can push it back out with your finger to speed things up). Found a 9.0 master used on CL, will try to switch that out and see what the pull is and how it compares to the Clake, when I do I'll post up the results. I put a 9.5 on my 550 (down from a 10) and it was noticeable so I'm hoping for a similar shift on this, don't really like that big reservoir sitting up on the bar.

Got the 9.0 master and popped it in (only takes 10 minutes including bleeding). Have to ride to find out but the engagement range seems longer and pull a little lighter. Not worlds different like the Clake when adjusted down to 2 lbs but respectable 1 finger use. When pulled like before I got about 6 1/2" pounds; was riding the Clake at about 4 and had it down to 2 or so.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 33
much appreciate the clake info!
(I don't think I'll be going that route, personally)

I'm not sure if this set-up will work any better than what I was running, but I figure it's worth a try :teeth

(current tire on the left. In case it wasn't obvious)

new1.jpg

Bump.

Had my DR350 torn down now for nearly two years. (Been busy - moved cross county, bought a house, new job, blah blah blah...) Purchased damned near everything I needed to rebuild it. Moved to NM and was in an apartment for a while. Had some folks break into my garage and steal some shit. Bought a house this past spring... Went to inventory DR350 parts tonight and realized... hey.. that's odd - where's the box of new OEM parts, piston, cylinder, carb etc etc.

Turns out those fuckers took it all, too. Not only did they steal power tools, family heirloom tools, and a few other things.. but they took my box of fucking DR parts.

Fucking assholes.

Priced it all out and it basically doesn't make sense to rebuild at this point - might as well buy a damned different bike and start all over. Financially not a problem, but fucking A man... come on.

:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

Maybe it's time I join the 2T party and start riding something lighter?

Sorry to hear about the parts' loss, thieves suck.

Good part is you can get a different bike.

Won't be hard to ride something lighter than a DR350
Might be, the new bike will be so much lighter you'll fall into all your turns at first!

Update...

Checked out a low hour 07 WR250F last night and agreed on a price. Will be picking it up on Friday. Should be great for a first proper trail bike. First Yamaha for me!

Still plan to rebuild the old DR350. Probably supplement it with a VStrom or something for longer trips.

Trailhead is only 15m from the house, too.

I did the thing :twofinger

I am excited. Doing a little cycling tomorrow but will be taking the WR out for its maiden voyage Sunday AM.

Attachments

• WR250F.JPG
    WR250F.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 9
I just rode mine...
Hero dirt!

Back