• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Awesome looks great and with a plate, I'm jealous!!

I spent the day doing a few things to my bike after yesterdays shake down. I got a smaller pilot jet and put it in. Didn't get to do more than run it around the block but will play more with it tomorrow.

I also lowered my footpegs about 5/8" but cutting them and welding them back on lower and slightly farther back, and played with my kick stand so that when its up it points more upwards and less horizontal. It kept dropping yesterday while riding. Now the foot of it is right by the side cover when its up, and there is a little ziptie loop to hold it up if the spring gets over burdened by gravity ;)

Hoping tomorrow to play with the jetting some more. Also signed up for d-36 today planning to possibly run an enduro soon.

Last edited:
Have changed up the RMX a bit since I got it. RM tail and side panels, Polisport front fender, recovered the seat with black gripper cover, new taillight/signals/plate mount, and a Trailtech Vapor dash. Just did a few seals and chain/sprocket set this past week.

Before and after, for now.

I have one of these that I need to sell. With a plate, and a big gas tank. I did the sheet iron on it...

This thing is a blast, insane low end for a smoker, way different than my 98 RM. It's a wheelie machine :teeth

Taught my son how to ride at Carnegie yesterday. Mainly stayed on the flat spots but we took a ride halfway up a green trail and got some elevation change.

When we got home he said, "We should go back...but for longer next time."

Attachments

• 2014-09-13-09.34.jpg
    2014-09-13-09.34.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 90
Taught my son how to ride at Carnegie yesterday. Mainly stayed on the flat spots but we took a ride halfway up a green trail and got some elevation change.

When we got home he said, "We should go back...but for longer next time."

Yesssssssssssssssssssss! Very cool. :cool

Thought I had a throttle cable going bad on the Xr. The throttle felt real sticky and I would get a hanging idle once in a while. Removed the cables from the carb and they felt smooth as ice. Turned the cam on the carb and sure enough it stuck WFO. Good thing its a push/pull setup or my last ride could of been too exciting. Pulled the slide and it had some dirty buildup on it that was causing the hang up. Cleaned it up with brake clean and a soft rag and it was all better.

I spent the afternoon jetting the cr250. Went through two different pilot jets and four different positions for the needle. In the end it is idling and seems to transition from idle all the way to the main jet much more smoothly than before. Not sure if I can get out of work tomorrow, but if I can I'm heading out to Carnagie again to test it out. If not tomorrow then definitely I'll be there Saturday.

I cleaned six air filters. I hate working on the bikes as of late...

You should probably just give them to me for safe keeping, Butch. :twofinger

I got my dirty bike back from my friend and cleaned it up. It's ready to roll if I ever have time to ride it. :laughing :|

put a pipe and bash plate on the ttr-250-i cut the seat down for my wife,but went medieval on it by mistake and now looks like a trials bike

Hit Carnagie again today. Weather was much nicer this time, but doesn't seem like the rain did anything to improve the dusty conditions.

Jetting on the bike is much better. Played with the air screw and idle a bit but it seems happy. Definitely ordering a flywheel weight for this thing, and need to get the rear brake pedal a little lower to work better with the lowered pegs.

Looks like a clean job to me! Nicely done!

Installed ebay score flywheel with welded on 10oz weight. Hoping to go try it out tomorrow at Carnagie and also scored a 38mm pwk airstriker carb on ebay today. Hopefully it will be here next week. All I'm looking for now is a good deal on a fmf gnarly pipe and maybe a throttle tamer and I'm done with trail mods for the time being. Unless a deal on a larger tank presents itself. Woot!

Last edited:
I'm really curious to hear what you think of the difference with the weight. I'd like to get one for my 450 because it loves to stall and I want to be able to lug it a little more on trails, but I worry it will take away too much snap.

Well the initial test ride around the block it didn't really feel that different. Of course its relatively flat. Still had plenty of snap. Soon as the fog from last night clears out of my head I'm off to Carnagie for the real test. I'll report back later.

So I'm loving the flywheel weight. Lugs nicely down low and the throttle seems more controllable without any noticeable loss on the top end. I feel much more in control and really am pleased with it. The flywheel weight is 10 oz. I'm at the top of the hill at carnage right now taking a breather. So glad to be back in the dirt!

Back