• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I was riding a 250 smoker for maybe 6mo while the 450 was collecting dust. When I got back to it, holyyyyy carp I forgot how fast that thing was. And, mine is about 10hp down from a new one!

I have a helmet with knobbie marks on the chin bar from that 450. :laughing

I don't wear it anymore, of course.

i have a helmet with a tree branch sticking out of it:laughing-it's in my office at home.i take about 800 mg. of motrin before i go riding,but i'm older.i was puttin around for years on a crf 230,but bought a neighbors yz 426.that was an eye opener.

Hmm... Tree branches? Ouch... So what exactly is the fun thing to do on a dirty bike outside of MotoX type tracks and putting around the woods? Anything that I should try once I am more comfortable and confident?

Everyone's gotta do sand dunes at least once. Maybe we should get a sandy buttcrack group ride going after the Stony trip? Pismo, or maybe even Sand Mountain?

And if you haven't been to Carnegie, it's pretty fun. Definitely different from track and woods.

I am wearing my nice and tight fitting rubber underwear... No sand in mah crack. Definitely interested in riding in the sand tho!

It doesn't matter if you're sealed in carbonite, sand will go in your butt. :laughing

And in your food. Definitely bring your beater dentures. Really, I hate the sand, but it's fun to remind myself every decade or so. :)

Funny you guys are talking about the sand. My 450 is in sumo trim and has been in my shed since last October when I broke my hand in the SumoUSA race. I got it out to convert it to dirt but with paddles so we can head to pismo! Deff a fun thing to do but all the sand getting into bearings is a huge pita., let alone sand in your beer!

Well I did some work on the budget build xr650r today. I had the cracked case welded and it had one spot that leaked a little so I took it back and the welder did a little more work. Ran out of time today to finish up, but I just need to add oil and fire it up. If it doesnt leak I may bring this bike to Stonyford too.

Here is a pic of the repair.

IMG_2582.jpg

Oh snap! Wait till you see the rest of this beauty! ;) It is the budget build remember. Anyway hopefully tomorrow I'll get some oil in it and fire it up and it won't leak!

Installed a set of 2" rox risers on the cr250 yesterday. I love these things. I can actually stand up straight now and have a comfortable reach to the bars. Also while sitting I'm much more upright and it feels WAY more comfortable. Looking forward to hitting the trails next week! When I first opened the package I thought I ordered the wrong size because they looked so small, but they made a big difference.

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

I REALLY need to go higher on my 690 bars. Standing is a bit awkward on that bike right now. The 200 is set up pretty nicely, though. :ride

The 200 is set up pretty nicely

Your 200 is set up perfectly!! For me anyway.
It took everything I had to give it back to you.
(Thanks for letting me blast it up the hill)

Your 200 is set up perfectly!! For me anyway.
It took everything I had to give it back to you.
(Thanks for letting me blast it up the hill)

:laughing

Seriously. I sold that bike once, and will NOT make that mistake again. :thumbup

I removed the sub frame off the XR650L so I can weld the tail light tab back on.

I should add, I set the sag while I had the subframe off. I'm about 170 and P.O. was 200+

Last edited:
Back