• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

did you get caught out in the t-storm-my wife and i were at the top of the hill and lightning strikes were all around -got so muddy so fast i didn't think we were going to make it down the hill-freakin crazy.

No I had to leave around 3pm and saw the clouds coming in. Sounds pretty scary!

Made some more progress this afternoon. Removed the keihin pj carb today in preparation for the pwk that is arriving tomorrow! Supposedly the 38mm pwk is the carb to get for my bike. I hope the interwebz is right! Also yesterday I was noticing that this bike turns really quick, like too quick, and I was thinking I need to get a scott damper possibly. I then realized today that I probably installed the forks too high in the clamps. I found the manual online and sure enough I had the forks raised up in the triple clamp just slightly less than 8mm farther than the stock setting. I'm looking forward to the next ride and hoping the front end is less twitchy. I'm sure it will be but I'm still going to consider picking up a damper if I can find a decent used one.

Switched out my stock front sprocket for a 14t to improve low-end for off-road (it's cheaper than the upgraded carbs at ProCycle and I'm broke). I was amazed at how easy and quick it was! 20 minutes and you can do it on the kickstand!

I installed the pwk carb in the cr250 today. I'm going to have to spend some time getting the jetting right but its pretty close and definitely runs better with this carb. Hoping to get out to carnagie again this week to get it dialed in.

I picked up my first dirt bike in almost 18 years and she has gotten a new chain, new sprockets, new R/S cover, new front fender, new seat cover, new air filter, freshly rebuilt carburetor, new tires (not yet installed, going to work over the ones already on the bike), new bars, new grips, new grip donuts and I am sure I missed a few things... Almost ready to go! Super stoked!

Looks like the '02-'04 first gen. I think the '02-'03 were valve gobbler notorious, but I'd imagine that's been taken care of by now. Does it start easily hot and cold? Good bikes for taller riders. Congrats. :thumbup

Definitely a first gen and as long as I get a nice consistent strong kick it starts great hot or cold. The motor was taken care of by the previous owners and the bike itself is extremely well maintained.

That's a hell of a way to jump back into dirty bikes. Enjoy ur looping! :laughing Kidding, I love the four-fiddies. Congrats! :party

LOL, I got told that by the guys at work. I took it for a ride around the block after getting the carb back together and just enjoyed the hooligan fun provided by wheelies in nearly every gear.

Last time I rode a 450 ('04 Husky TE450) I looped during a hill climb. I was laughing before I hit the ground. I stopped laughing when I realized that the bike was going to land on me. :rofl

I've had a lot of fun on 450s, and they are pretty manageable. I just suck at hill climbs. I should also point out that I've looped a 200 and 250 2-stroke during hill climb attempts, as well as a 500 2-stroke while doing a pretty standard 3rd gear power wheelie. That one hurt a bit. :laughing

Ooooh shit, everyone bring some ibuprofen to Stony for LB! :laughing

I travel with my own TUB of ibuprofren. :laughing
The problem is that I am a very good street/track rider, but have only recently gotten back into dirt riding after a 25+ year break. I suck pretty badly, but am having a lot of fun with it. I really don't crash often (largely because I ride dirt like a huge pansy). I'm over 40 and crashing just hurts a lot more than it used to. :laughing

I hear you, I'm sore just from imagining you looping out.

Sounds like LB might be the guy for me to ride dirt with, LOL. Going to pansy it around here for the first few times.

Yeah the 450 power gives me goose bumps everytime I ride it

Back