• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the fuck has this kid been anyway? Seems he's disappeared from the BARF scene.

So that thread about what exhaust to get, for his track bike has worked out well I see.

Kid, you can't say we were all wrong. We were completely right about you. You tried to play it off, and now you look like a complete tool.

Congrats, You'll do well in the toolbox that they call the "correctional facility".
:thumbup

Where the fuck has this kid been anyway? Seems he's disappeared from the BARF scene.
BARF is where he comes to for advice, so he hides from us as much as possible until he realizes he wants our opinions, but only if they meet his requirements.

Maturation of the Prefrontal Cortex
The prefrontal cortex, the part of the frontal lobes lying just behind the forehead, is often referred to as the “CEO of the brain.” This brain region is responsible for cognitive analysis and abstract thought, and the moderation of “correct” behavior in social situations. The prefrontal cortex takes in information from all of the senses and orchestrates thoughts and actions to achieve specific goals.1,2

The prefrontal cortex is one of the last regions of the brain to reach maturation. This delay may help to explain why some adolescents act the way they do. The so-called “executive functions” of the human prefrontal cortex include:

Focusing attention
Organizing thoughts and problem solving
Foreseeing and weighing possible consequences of behavior
Considering the future and making predictions
Forming strategies and planning
Ability to balance short-term rewards with long term goals
Shifting/adjusting behavior when situations change
Impulse control and delaying gratification
Modulation of intense emotions
Inhibiting inappropriate behavior and initiating appropriate behavior
Simultaneously considering multiple streams of information when faced with complex and challenging information

This brain region gives an individual the capacity to exercise “good judgment” when presented with difficult life situations. Brain research indicating that brain development is not complete until near the age of 25, refers specifically to the development of the prefrontal cortex.3

MRI studies of the brain show that developmental processes tend to occur in the brain in a back to front pattern, explaining why the prefrontal cortex develops last. These studies have also found that teens have less white matter (myelin) in the frontal lobes of their brains when compared to adults, but this amount increases as the teen ages. With more myelin comes the growth of important brain connections, allowing for better flow of information between brain regions.4

This body of brain research data has led to the idea of “frontalization,” whereby the prefrontal cortex gradually becomes able to oversee and regulate the behavioral responses initiated by the more primitive limbic structures.

MRI research has also revealed that during adolescence, white matter increases in the corpus callosum, the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the right and left hemispheres of the brain. This allows for enhanced communication between the hemispheres and enables a full array of analytic and creative strategies to be brought to bear in responding to the complex dilemmas that may arise in a young person’s life. Once again the role of experience is critical in developing the neural connectivity that allows for conscious cognitive control of the emotions and passions of adolescence. Teens who take risks in relatively safe situations exercise the circuitry and develop the skills to “put on the brakes” in more dangerous situations.5

With an immature prefrontal cortex, even if teens understand that something is dangerous, they may still go ahead and engage in the risky behavior. Recognizing the asynchrony of development of the regions of the brain helps us to see adolescent risk-taking in a whole new light. This broadened view of risk-taking and the concept of self-regulation are explored in the next section.

Public information source: http://www.hhs.gov/opa/familylife/t...rain/Development/prefrontal_cortex/index.html

Nature dictates that the majority of these threads will have similar outcomes.

BARF is where he comes to for advice, so he hides from us as much as possible until he realizes he wants our opinions, but only if they meet his requirements.

Roger that. I know his type, they come and go every spring and fall. Though I find it interesting that he hasn't come to BARF to seek advice on how to reduce the number of citations he has been receiving.

Roger that. I know his type, they come and go every spring and fall. Though I find it interesting that he hasn't come to BARF to seek advice on how to reduce the number of citations he has been receiving.

Apparently, that doesn't prevent some of us from stalking him on Facebook and continuing to bust his balls. He's a dumb-ass squid kid. Not the first. Not the last. Hasn't the novelty worn off by now? Maybe we can all camp out in front of the high school and make fun of him. :rofl

Apparently, that doesn't prevent some of us from stalking him on Facebook and continuing to bust his balls. He's a dumb-ass squid kid. Not the first. Not the last. Hasn't the novelty worn off by now? Maybe we can all camp out in front of the high school and make fun of him. :rofl

Not stalking, he is a friend of my younger sister.

And the Raven is not impounded, his dad bought it from him to use as a track bike (not a bad idea).

He probably knows what we'll say, and already knows he's not ok with any of those suggestions. Slow down? Buy a slower bike? Get your sh*t together? Obey the law? Please, that's not his Style :hand

And the Raven is not impounded, his dad bought it from him to use as a track bike (not a bad idea).

Maybe not a bad idea in some regards, but saving the kid from himself yet again? That teaches something.

Last edited:
I nominate this kid for a BARFie. This shit is GOLD! :rofl

First and foremost I apologize for grave digging..

went through about the last 10 pages of comments and got a good laugh. At the end of the day, no broken bones, still have a license and am completing a degree in computer science ;)

I may have taken an irrational and unconventional approach when starting my riding career, which I now realize as an adult (somewhat haha). At the end of the day, I'm happy with where im at and wouldn't have done it any other way.

Thank you to the haters for motivation, and thank you to those who gave solid advice out of concern or whatever it may be that drove them to help out.

PS, although I did get tickets for stupid sh*t I was doing around town, I never had my bike impounded. I ALWAYS had insurance (one way ticket to shitcreek if i didn't).

Cheers

I agree the bike fits your style, but not your riding style. Until you are out dragging knee (oh wait, you don't speed, and haven't been to the track yet), it only fits your STYLE, not your riding style. I believe that is called looking cool.

I assure you you'd have ten times more fun riding something with a lower power band (not even less power necessarily, think a liter bike twin), more suspension travel and handle bars. Might not look as cool though :p

And to comment on this, even though its years old.. Jordan you were the same sophomore in high school on an R6 and no you didn't "drag knee" on it. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.. a**hole! :twofinger

And to comment on this, even though its years old.. Jordan you were the same sophomore in high school on an R6 and no you didn't "drag knee" on it. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.. a**hole! :twofinger

Never said I didn't buy a bike because it looked cool not because it road well :ride but I wised up and suggested you do the same!

I also spent a year with 11hp :twofinger

Geeze, reading through the thread and sure am glad I didn't join teh barf when I got my first bike.
Haha.

And OP is ok :thumbup
What are you riding now?

I understand that he is just watching videos, now. Gotta get the skills up for the R1. :thumbup

Hope he doesn't watch more than 3. Wouldn't want him to drop out of school to be a professional racerv.

Never said I didn't buy a bike because it looked cool not because it road well :ride but I wised up and suggested you do the same!

I also spent a year with 11hp :twofinger

As did I, months on a Honda Rebel 250. And for those of you who have owned this bike, you know how forgiving this bike is.

Geeze, reading through the thread and sure am glad I didn't join teh barf when I got my first bike.
Haha.

And OP is ok :thumbup
What are you riding now?

I am on an 07' R6, always.

I understand that he is just watching videos, now. Gotta get the skills up for the R1. :thumbup

Hope he doesn't watch more than 3. Wouldn't want him to drop out of school to be a professional racerv.

:twofinger Would never put myself on a liter bike unless it was on the track and I fealt that the 600 wasn't up to par with my skills(which is not the case, I've got a lot of learning to still do.)

dude youve been riding 3 years and youre not ready to track a liter bike? do you have a learning disability?

dude youve been riding 3 years and youre not ready to track a liter bike? do you have a learning disability?

I spit my water out.

You read what he said, he won't switch to a 1K until the 600 can't keep up with his skills. Pure pragmatism right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back