• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with Dan on one (major) way. Go do everything you wished you could do...eat like shit, party, be lazy, etc.

Here's my theory: when you're ready to get back to working out, you'll have an easy goal and won't be doing the same ol' same ol' with little more than maintenance...IMO.

This seems like a terrible idea :laughing

So today's work out was a lot of almost firsts for me.

First time I was close to passing out
First time I was close to puking
First time i was close to puking and then passing out
First time I DIDNT make the cut off time missed it by 26 seconds
and! For the first time in my life I was close to doing a full unassisted pull-up :laughing gonna be cranking up the bar pulls and what-not now that I know how close I am.

18 Burpee box jumps
400m run
15 Burpee box jumps
400m run
12 Burpee Box Jumps
400m run
9 Burpee box jumps
400m run

at noon in CO heat :faint

^ Get sum Kim. I got my big run in yesterday. 6ish miles. Wish it didn't make my ankles hurt today. :/

I just signed up for the Santa Cruz 70.3

oh shit....

Enjoy! Don't swallow too much salt water and don't forget to pee as you exit the water (but not in transition - gross :laughing) I was supposed to do the Muskoka 70.3 next month, but life/new house delays got in the way. Hope to do it next year instead.

I have 2 line jobs thiis week. You know that 1 1/2 rope they have you wrestle at the gym. I tie up floating homesso usually run about 100 feet of 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 line out, stretch it tight and knot or splice it. Makes me strong :laughing

I have 2 line jobs thiis week. You know that 1 1/2 rope they have you wrestle at the gym. I tie up floating homesso usually run about 100 feet of 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 line out, stretch it tight and knot or splice it. Makes me strong :laughing

Guess I should do something with this crap other than buy it

Attachments

• Rope.jpg
    Rope.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 106
:wow AWESOME!!!!

Just reading this makes me feel out of breath. :laughing

My bones are pre-aching, scared I am....lol

What the hell right?

Maybe I should try and live by that first line in my sig line..

Last edited:
Im trying to do ONE pull up and mr badass over here like hold my beer :laughing

When is the event? Enough time to get a fair amount of training in?

Im trying to do ONE pull up and mr badass over here like hold my beer :laughing

When is the event? Enough time to get a fair amount of training in?

Sept 8. I have time. I'm most worried about my joints holding out and getting in the recommended 10 hrs/week of training. The will is there but nagging shoulder and ankle issues make me scared. I might do another round of cortisone shots in my ankles if the docs let me. Not sure about that yet.

I just signed up for the Santa Cruz 70.3

oh shit....

Good for you!!

No worries. Challenge will be the training. Have faith and trust in your training, and the race will be easy.

Wish I could be there to cheer you on, but I will leaving out of town that weekend.

Short video clip of me. Last one in the water buys the beer!! :rofl

Near end of clip shows me with this gentleman at the finish. We did last two miles together. I provided him some motivation and emotional support, as this was his first IM 70.3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT5tm1dxvvI

Sept 8. I have time. I'm most worried about my joints holding out and getting in the recommended 10 hrs/week of training. The will is there but nagging shoulder and ankle issues make me scared. I might do another round of cortisone shots in my ankles if the docs let me. Not sure about that yet.

Whats the shoulder injury? Anything you can do now about it so it doesnt effect your training?

But man good for you! It always nice to have something to train towards.

Mike, that's super cool...stoked for you to be doing something that's got your nerves in a bundle...and you're gonna kill it for sure! Go crush the course!

Was planning to hit the gym tonight but went out for a bowl of ice cream instead. Soft swirl with chocolate sprinkles on top. Cause there's always tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back