• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

Daddy Stroll is going to do what it takes to win WCC and if he can get his kid to be WDC as well even better. They both have a dream and they are doing what they can to fulfill that dream. Have to admire that. Only time will tell I suppose.

Agree Yoda. What dad wouldn't do that for their son if they could?

I think time has already shown in the case of Lance Stroll, but I can't fault his dad for trying.

The valuation of the team is prob way up from when Stroll invested. I really doubt he’s anywhere close to losing money. I wonder if he’s up if you factor in all the years before F1.

Signing Newey will prob increase the valuation even more, and is prob another good investment.

Also, I don’t yet believe this rumor. Italian media isn’t usually a good source.

The previous owner of team Renault and current owner of Girondins de Bordeaux bought my HP4 a few weeks ago off BAT. Didn't know that till one of his guys told me today. "pocket lint change" is what it sold for to him.

The previous owner of team Renault and current owner of Girondins de Bordeaux bought my HP4 a few weeks ago off BAT. Didn't know that till one of his guys told me today. "pocket lint change" is what it sold for to him.
What was that bike like to ride?
Was it worth the price tag or you'd be better off to spend half as much for a Ducati Panigale V4?

It was kinda neat, but relative to the V4 electronics: nowhere near close. I'd spend the $15K I got out of her on something else, but as a collectible, it was neat. The 2023+ (2021 are darn good too) V4S's. are unreal goodness.

Looks like Mercedes and McLaren are picking up where the left off before the break.
We could see a desperate Max at his home GP, I wonder what that will look like?

Reactions: GAJ
Not very exciting to watch, but what a dominant race by Norris! Especially awesome that he got the fastest lap at the end too.

LeClerc did a good job keeping Piastri behind him for all those laps.

McLaren is well poised to take the manufacturer title this year if they keep up the good work.

Unless Redbull comes up with some upgrades, Max is going to have to essentially make no mistakes for the rest of the year to have the driver title NOT in contention. He's good enough to do that, but you never know when a reliability issue might come up at the worst moment.

I wonder if that McLaren team decision to swap drivers back in Hungary will end up making a difference at the end of the year?

Perez managed to not crash after the getting his car "detuned", so that's good?

Mercedes oddly not as competitive yesterday and Ferrari looked pretty good.

Congrats to Norris dominating.

Fun fact, neither Alonso or Stroll have a podium this year and Hulkenberg might catch Stroll for 10th in the driver standings.

Rooting for Norris and McLaren to pass RB even though I hate the McLaren team boss.

Piastri really needs to figure out how to pass with smaller pace advantages. He really seems to struggle in dirty air more than Norris. He couldn't get by Norris in Hungary nor LeClerc here. I wonder if there's something about his driving or setup that is making the dirty air more difficult. He even had 2 attemps at LeClerc after dropping back to cool the car/tires and still managed nada.

RedBull has upgrades coming. But they probably won't be massive. This is showing how the testing restrictions are working. RedBull has been at 70% aero testing for a long time, whereas McLaren were on 85% (4th) until June 30th this year where they moved to 80% because of their higher position (3rd).

Merc really blundered that call for George to pit. Lewis wasn't catching on Softs. Why did they think George would with even fewer laps.

Lando use the last few laps to get his battery to 100% and then used it to get the fastest lap point as well.

It's speculated that if McLaren crew knew he was going to do that, they would have told him no. Which is stupid because they could see the telemetry data and see that we was working on getting battery to 100%.

Lando use the last few laps to get his battery to 100% and then used it to get the fastest lap point as well.

It's speculated that if McLaren crew knew he was going to do that, they would have told him no. Which is stupid because they could see the telemetry data and see that we was working on getting battery to 100%.
That was a badass move on his part. And on worn hard tires !

Guy isn't playing around.

Now if he could just learn how to get a car off the line...

Back