• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

Lando use the last few laps to get his battery to 100% and then used it to get the fastest lap point as well.

It's speculated that if McLaren crew knew he was going to do that, they would have told him no. Which is stupid because they could see the telemetry data and see that we was working on getting battery to 100%.
McLaren was asking Lando who he was racing during the race. So I'd say his crew isn't that confident of anything these days. I'm surprised they didn't ask him if he was charging for fastest lap 😆

I was surprised that he kept his pace up, even after getting a 15 second lead on Max on the way to a 20 second lead.
I know that those power plants do wear down and it doesn't seem smart to add unnecessary wear and tear to them.

McLaren was asking Lando who he was racing during the race. So I'd say his crew isn't that confident of anything these days. I'm surprised they didn't ask him if he was charging for fastest lap 😆
I thought that was a darned stupid question.

He was, no question about it.

But he's shooting higher than just a single race, now. It's like being in a race and winning but burning up your tires early then not having them for the end of the race as the others close in. You have to take the long view and play the long game.

It's a darwinian system...unless your dad owns the team or a country is heaping $$$$$ on the team to run you.

IMO, Colapinto is in because hes good enough to do no worse than Logan and slow enough that he can get out of his F2 drive. He also doesn't seem to come with major pressure or concessions or whatever like Antonelli or Lawson.

He was in the groove

Yup. Sometimes when you're in the zone and you roll out of it, you make a big mistake. Keeping the intensity up can be a race saver at times.

Monza this weekend. Wonder if Ferrari will have any upgrades for this race and if those will make them more competitive? Will Lando continue his current form? Will Verstappen be able to bring the fight? I am hoping for a good race

It will be interesting to see what happens with the RB for the rest of the season.

With Newey not tuning Verstappen's car anymore (and for several months) we'll see what kind of a driver he really is. Newey designed a superior car, but I believe that it takes his magic to get the most out of the car for the driver.

Low drag setups are doing to shake up the order some IMO. They don't need as much downforce as Spa. So maybe Ferrari will have far less issue with porpoising and may be closer to the front. It's going to be warm, so Merc might struggle with tire wear. Lando and McLaren's ability to have tons of tire left far into a stint could help a lot. And RB seems like a crapshoot these days.

Grand opening, grand closing.

Welcome to F1, kid.

89105925-0-image-a-10_1725026873.jpg

Wrecks the car gets the job.

Odd choice IMHO.

Mercedes has announced that Italian teenager Andrea Kimi Antonelli will replace the Ferrari-bound Lewis Hamilton next season.

The 18-year-old Antonelli, a graduate of the team’s junior program, will partner with George Russell at Mercedes following the departure of seven-time F1 champion Hamilton.

Back