• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

I know Lance was not a good choice at the beginning, but I feel he has come around. He is usually right there with Alonso if not in front of him every once in a while. IMHO, Lance is not the worst driver on the grid.

RB is going to continue to decline, like last time after Vettel's 4 WDC's.

Verstappen might try to jump to AM, but they might not want the package deal that includes his father...

Lawrence is IN F1 for his kid. I don't see him moving Lance along.

Lawrence is IN F1 for his kid. I don't see him moving Lance along.

That may be true. But he's also a businessman. Once Liberty media bought F1 (2016), he knew the team evaluations will and have gone up (Stroll buys into Force India in 2018 - also why Dorilton Capital bought Williams for $167mil in 2020).

And yeah, if I had fuck you money and a kid with enough talent to get into F1, I'd do everything I could to help him win. But there is only so much a father can do for his kid. Daddy isn't the one out there racing.

^^^
True...however Daddy did also hire a very good mentor (ala Alonso). I feel that Lance has come a long way and deserves to be on the grid (not in a top car, but he has shown some talent lately). So, why not with daddy's team.

I feel that Lance has come a long way and deserves to be on the grid (not in a top car, but he has shown some talent lately). So, why not with daddy's team.
Hasn't been in the top 10 last three races.

Alonso's avg finish position is 9.8 this year. I don't expect Lance to score points often. The car isn't good this year - it's wildly inconsistent. Lance's avg finish is 11.8.

Ok...but Lance is 10th in the points and Alonso is 9th. Last year Alonso had 206 points to Stroll's 74 and this year Alonso is at 50 and Stroll has 24. Last year Alonso out qualified Stroll 19 to 3 and this year it is 7 to 5. Again, I am not saying Lance is a great driver, just that he has improved and is not the worst driver on the grid.

(This reply was for GAJ's post)

Let's also not forget how much the "car factor" plays into finishes (answer: largely). A better car will put Aston much closer to the front at less cost. I assume Lance isn't paid well, and if he is, there's a father's passing of wealth. That, or Lawrence wants to keep his close to him and for that, he won't part with Lance.

Perez did not expect the Spanish Inquisition!
Nice foe Russel and for McLaren.

Great driving by Piastri.

"At the same time, there was nothing unusual about Perez’ line, but he could have done more to avoid the car that he had better view of. In conclusion, the Stewards deem this to be a racing incident with neither driver being predominantly at fault, and take no further action."

It's nice to see that a number of teams are actually competitive, instead of the "round the Mulberry bush spectacle of late.

It's pretty cool that we are getting diff teams/drivers at the front of most races.

RB is gonna get more wind tunnel hours for next season for sure. At this rate, they could finish 3rd in the Constructors. Crazy!

Great race! Nascar Cup and Xfinity were great too at The Glenn.

Back