• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

Biggest surprise of the year would be Haas beating anyone. Maybe Gene will get knocked down a few pegs and cave to everyone saying he needs to invest. But I won't hold my breathe because he can blame bad results on Komatsu.

Maybe Gene will get upset enough to sell to Andretti.

I doubt it because back in the 90's when I talked to Gene (raced against him in karts) being in F1 was his dream.

Those dreams can turn to nightmares over time though....It's the "graceful exit" that's hard to achieve.

Day 2 times. 2023 Pole time was 1:29.7 for reference. Sainz and Daniel used the C4 tire, which is one step softer than will be available on the race weekend. Not all drivers pushed for a fast lap with low fuel at the end of the day when conditions are best.

image.jpg

Ferrari needs to be in charge of making the drain cover testing machinery. If theres a loose one at the facility, theyll find it.

I can't help thinking that these drain cover issues are caused by the greater down force which is created by vacuum under the cars.

You never saw Stallone's "Driven" when they took Indy cars to a street race?

[YOUTUBE]nJRDOWOhoHA[/YOUTUBE]

Awful, awful stuff.... :laughing

Last edited:
Sounded like muffled V10’s

I got to start watching the academy awards, I’m missing out on these flicks.

Merc built a monocoque with adjustable anti-dive front suspension, an innovation for modern F1. This involves moving the rear attachment point of the upper suspension arm and moving all the parts that attach to it such as the torsion bars (springs), dampers, suspension links, and fairings. Normally a team would need to produce a new monocoque to change this. So most teams change this design attribute only during winter or maybe summer break.

It'll be cool if Merc can use different anti-dive at diff tracks to gain performance, eventually. But right now, it's probably just one more unrefined bit of their setup that may hurt their early season performance.

W15-Front-sus-changes-Day-3-colours-angle-2.jpg

Watched the first 4 episodes of Drive To Survive S6. :thumbup

I am currently through 3 and so far the Mclaren episode was the best in my opinion. I was really looking forward to the episode about Nyck De vries getting replaced but it seemed really rushed. That was a major storyline and we didn't get much out of it. I wonder if that just has to do with getting less footage out of RB given their distaste for DTS in the past.

Back