• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

Evidently Mercedes had an overheating problem from the very beginning and had to resort to a lot of lift and coast as a result.

Very odd.

Russell revealed the Mercedes mechanics had made a rookie error when deciding how to set up the car and it was this which caused most of the difficulties both he and Lewis suffered.

“We both faced a similar problem,” Russell said in the media pen. “For whatever reason we had massive engine overheating and the battery wasn’t working properly.

”I made a really good start, got into second and then was like ‘here we go’, these big red alarms on my steering wheel. I had no battery left, went to turn my power down and I was losing fourth tenths just in power.”

With the Mercedes W15 overheating, the automatic battery recharge failed causing a loss of power for both Lewis and George.

https://thejudge13.com/2024/03/02/hamilton-critical-as-mercedes-engineers-make-rookie-mistake/

Verstappen beat his teamate by the largest gap of all teams it seems.

Even the 8 minute highlights video was kinda boring.
There will be better races ahead.

Doubtful. It was a REALLY boring race weekend...for almost all the races on.

During the race, Hamilton said that his battery was at 1%, no charging with the ERS so he got no boost from the KERS. That would drop his power available coming out of corners.

Talk about a BORING Race!!!

The only excitement for me was waiting to see Christian Horner's' Head Explode!!!!

Also, to see if Max's Dad was going to exchange words with Christian.

I think RB will dominate again, this year.

I think that Mercedes should grab Sainz, I think he's the real deal, his dad certainly is in Rally Cars.

The problem with Mercedes choosing somebody is that they have a really good talent in the works (Antonelli). This kid is being touted and the next Max and Mercedes does not want to loose him (like the did with Verstappen). So, if Antonelli does as good as he is expected to in F2 (he skipped F3 and finished 10th in his first F2 race this weekend), then Mercedes wants to have a seat for him. From my understanding, Mercedes wont make a decision until later in the year to see how this new kid gets along in F2.

I hate ESPN, the last few years as I have ESPN on Comcast I could watch F2 on the Roku ESPN app.

No more.

You have to subscribe to ESPN+.

Bastids.

F2 was MUCH better than F1 the last 2 years and this year they have a brand new car for the field.

Mercedes needs an experienced dev driver, though. That could be who? Ricardo? Alonso? Is Sainz a good dev driver?

The grid makes it look like it’s a high school sport. I guess it’s all relative but is there any such thing as a good development driver anymore or is it just fast kart kids thrown in the big league.

Strongly agree

I think RB will dominate again, this year.

I think that Mercedes should grab Sainz, I think he's the real deal, his dad certainly is in Rally Cars.

He'd be a great, and arguably the best, replacement for Sir Lewis at the moment.

That's the modern way to handle getting confronted with accusations....flip the script.

Don't see a reason for suspension named nor if this was paid suspension or unpaid.

I am wondering how much of this is "scripted". Ever since the Andretti thing, it seems there is more drama (Red Bull, Sulayem, etc.). Maybe for the US market? You know how much we like "Reality" TV (LOL). Just a weird thought I had.

Back