• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2024 Formula 1 thread ***spoilers***

The drone technology has evolved fast.

Now they need to put drones on Isle of Man racers, can you imagine the video if the drone was at about 15-20 feet?

One thing I was curious about, selected target following logic has been around for awhile now, why didn't they utilize that?

I thought the same. Only thing I can think of is the speed and this is a one off drone. Maybe the stuff needed for the following logic added too much weight? Also, as for the IoM, they mentioned the need to have a battery for this drone that would be able to last the entire lap at the high speed. I could not imagine the battery needed to hold the high speed for an entire lap around IoM. I am defiantly not even close to an expert though.

They did mention that this is the worlds fastest camera drone. Not the worlds fastest drone.

RB1 vs RB20

VT8oSVt.jpeg

Wow, somebody is doing a hatchet job on him...not that he wouldn't do it to others if given the opportunity. :laughing

Wow, somebody is doing a hatchet job on him...not that he wouldn't do it to others if given the opportunity. :laughing

He certainly doesn't hide his disdain for underperformers on his team on Drive To Survive so not sure it will be all that damning.

That's probably going to be bad for the other party as well. Even if the allegations are serious and supported, the victim-blaming is going to be rough. And if the allegations arent serious, someone just doxxed them for little reason.

I don't see that RB nor FIA does much about it, aside from ceremonial efforts if more is needed. Horner is integral to the series, especially RB.

Agreed. The FIA would have to step in and enforce their rules, they won't do that with RB.

Now, if it was a smaller, mid-pack team they would be all over it.

Not much has changed...
1. RB by a long shot
2. Ferrari
3. Mercedes - moved up one
4. McLaren - dropped one place.

About what I was expecting, RB has had too much of a head start and the new rules on development money and time keep the others behind them.

Interesting how fast some of those soft tires went off...was there changes from last year?

My friends and I have an F1 fantasy league running in case anyone wants to join. https://fantasy.formula1.com/en/leagues/join/C1C4UD4QB09

I'm really hoping Redbull doesn't run away with it again, however today they looked pretty damn good. If Checo can be more consistent, then I only see Norris and Leclerc being the ones who can challenge them.

Btw where does everyone think Sainz is going to go next year with Hamilton replacing him? Wouldn't Norris + Sainz be an epic combo? Piastri led last year in overtakes, but I don't see him being able to run with Redbull and Ferrari.

Back