2024 Investment Thread

Nvidia proves how worthless mouthpiece analysts are. Back a few months ago when it had climbed from $400 to $900 CNBC had analysts on with ridiculous price targets of up to $6000. The extent of their analysis was simply extending lines on a graph. CSCO was the popular comparison they’d use whose dotcom bubble multiple was the math behind their NVDA targets.

Nvidia proves how worthless mouthpiece analysts are. Back a few months ago when it had climbed from $400 to $900 CNBC had analysts on with ridiculous price targets of up to $6000. The extent of their analysis was simply extending lines on a graph. CSCO was the popular comparison they’d use whose dotcom bubble multiple was the math behind their NVDA targets.

Lol, I would stop paying attention to that site after they said the price point would be 6000.

Everything else I see price point is 900-1200, highest is 1400.

Let's start with 2x since q4 2023 earnings and go from there, q1 is 5/22 and it will shatter expectations again, I predict that week we drop to low 800s and then after earning it tops back 1000+

I was too cautious, wanted to get in at around $500 but waited for a pullback that never happened so eventually pulled the trigger in the low $700’s.
FOMO got the better of me.

yea im like seeing 7/8 signs to dump more into nvda, the bull run will continue this year, google and amazon all will be discussed on 5/22 that they have placed more orders with nvda, and guess what all their stocks have risen in past few months

the bull run is here, bofa just said sp will top 5500 this year.. may just need to sell once that happens since we all know it cant sustain it, drop and then climb back again

There are as many saying the market will crash as there are saying it’s going higher.
Over the past decade and a half I just wish I had totally ignored those endlessly calling for a crash, I wouldn’t have played it so conservatively. Sure its easy to say that looking back.

I don't know much, but I do know that when Berkshire is hoarding cash it's probably a decent indicator that things will go down. I'm tempted to extract my gains from the Google stock I own and park them in a 5% savings account (which I may draw off until I get a job) just in case, but I'll let the rest ride.

I saw some chart, really only had 3-4 instances where the stock marketed plummeted -30%+, late 90s IPO, the 2008 recession etc, but history shows it will come back anywhere from 1-3-5 years

10/1 split, wow

Here we go another united states of Nvidia millionaires are gonna be printed come June

10/1 split, wow

Here we go another united states of Nvidia millionaires are gonna be printed come June

Splits don't change the total value of your holdings. They make it easier for us po' folk to buy in at a price that isn't stratospheric.:thumbup

Splits don't change the total value of your holdings. They make it easier for us po' folk to buy in at a price that isn't stratospheric.:thumbup

Doh

One must look at the stocks previous splits, 4/1, 1.5/1, 2/1

This 10/1 is on another level

Up to 1007 in after hour trading.
Such a kick in the ball that I didn’t pull the trigger on this when I wanted to at $500.
It will pull back to mid 900’s, it’s comparable stock adjusted mid 900’s, in a couple of months when the hype dies down.

It's sitting steady at 1050

Maybe go up down +/- by 100 by the time we actually split

Not to scared, Nvidia still has another year+ of bull run imo

My account would be sucking bad today if it wasn’t for nvda

If banking on fat returns from this one you’d also have to be banking on it become the biggest company in the world.

My account would be sucking bad today if it wasn’t for nvda

If banking on fat returns from this one you’d also have to be banking on it become the biggest company in the world.

its already #3 before q1 earnings, maybe its #2 or even #1 meow, i just saw its worth more then tesla+amazon

Combined :wtf

its already #3 before q1 earnings, maybe its #2 or even #1 meow, i just saw its worth more then tesla+amazon

Combined :wtf

Nuts when you consider this was a $4 stock a decade ago.

APPL increased by a trillion from 2020 to 2021.
MSFT did the same from 2023 to 2024.
Even at these levels fat returns in a short period are not impossible.
I’d be happy with a 15% return by this time next year.

This stock won't keep climbing until 6/6

Absolutely ridiculous everyday at work my phone blows up 52week high daily now

It’s currently hitting on all cylinders but if it’s to hit some of the price targets out there, up to $2000, that means $3 trillion more dollars has to flow into it. Thats a ton of money having to rotate out of other sectors.

Then there’s the to the moon hyped targets saying the company will reach a market cap of $10 trillion within 5-6 years.
The market cap of the entire NYSE is around $25 trillion. Are they expecting aliens from other planets start investing in it to bring that kind of money to the market.

Im sticking with it for now for what I expect to be some easy gains over the next year but wouldn’t be surprised to see it come crashing down under all this weight.

Abuncha mag7 are buying/building up their own data centers

They are all inline at nvda door, until we have other players, nvda on nonstop bull rocket to moon

Back