• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Jam: Saturday, December 17th, 7 p.m.

The time signature alternates between 10/4 and 20/8. Give it a go!

After 3 years or so of jamming together, I sorta thought you'd have figured out by now I'm a complete poser as a musician, and speaking "musician words" at me usually results in this: :wtf followed by: :( and sometimes even: :cry
:laughing

(in other words, I don't know what that means... :shhh)

I'm a bassist but damn, I only play at home with head phones, havent done band work in about 20 years! Can a brotha get a practice session????

Maybe in...as long as my apt move is complete... in as a Band-Aid only, I don't have any musical talents.

:thumbup

I'm a bassist but damn, I only play at home with head phones, havent done band work in about 20 years! Can a brotha get a practice session????

We'd be glad to have you there. What do you have in mind for a practice session?

Maybe in...as long as my apt move is complete... in as a Band-Aid only, I don't have any musical talents.

:thumbup

Band-Aids are cool!

Seriously, the more basses the better! Connie can't play in 11/17 time signature, and I've pretty much forgotten how to play. :laughing

If anybody is thinking that this is all about playing difficult music with weird time signatures, it's not. Oh, once in a while a few of us want to have a go at something a little out of the ordinary, but mostly we want anyone who wants to jam to be able to.

Note to first timers; dress warmly :thumbup

I'll be bringing ear plugs :p

Not a bad idea, though I think Aaron is bringing electronic drums. A nice feature of them is that they have a volume control!

That said, it'll probably be loud anyway. :laughing

Note to first timers; dress warmly :thumbup

I haz new furry boots for the occasion :party

Not a bad idea, though I think Aaron is bringing electronic drums. A nice feature of them is that they have a volume control!

That said, it'll probably be loud anyway. :laughing

Great news on the drums :thumbup Now, what can we do about the sodding guitars and the crap singing :dunno :rofl :later

I may have to crash the party with a keg of homebrew....

Back