• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BBQ Bake Sale Fundraiser ~ Sat, June 25th 2011 Concord

I'd love to contribute some baked creations for this fundraiser. Hopefully the finicky O'Keefe & Merritt oven will decide to cooperate (I'll start talking nicely to it now to get it in the mood). Not definite that I can make it on the 25th yet, but will hand them over to those willing to take them along from SF if I can't.

Now to think of something that'll be the most fundraisious, hmmmm or perhaps more importantly in the spirit of the event........little bags of sweetness to give to loved ones, reminding ourselves how remarkable they are and how we're so thankful they're with us.

Definitely going. If anyone needs baked goods transported over there from the SF area let me know!

And Adam...you will for the first time eat some of Nick's cooking :p roles are reversed muhahaha!

Last edited:
:laughing

I love the visual but having met you, can't imagine you barking at anyone.

I make a ridunkulously good macaroni and cheese... What's your favorite dessert, other than strawberry rhubarb pie?

Hey! I was to be a chef before the accident and worked with many angry chefs including my old man.
it's in teh blood:x:twofinger

Favorite dessert...honestly I like simple stuff..pound cake, shortbread, stuff like that. (pie will always be my first love though)
Many hugs!

I'm in. I'll PM you for the addy. Unfortunately my oven doesn't work but I'm happy to purchase baked goodies for a good cause. :)

I'm in. I'll PM you for the addy. Unfortunately my oven doesn't work but I'm happy to purchase baked goodies for a good cause. :)

I think at this point I'm planning to bring my wallet and my big mouth!!!
We need buyers as well as bakers!

Wendy, you are awesome for doing this :party

we're gonna need a bigger boat :party :rofl

thank you everyone for contributing to this event, really, alls I am doing is providing the location, which at the moment can hold the anticipated attendees. if it gets too big we are gonna be all over the front yard and side yard too :laughing

Just added another thing to me list, take out boxes. everyone should be going home loaded with stuff, I'm sure you aint gonna eat all the baked goods so you're gonna need a way to carry stuff eh?

hey Adam, got some surprises in the works too :shhh

oh, must remember to ask for next friday off so I can go to costco and get stuffs :party

Wendy,what 'bout haggis?will that be served?

T.G. And I are planning on stopping by. She LOVES her baked goods. Perhaps I can convince her to provide soemthing "special". No promises though.

Little to no grill duty for me. I'm still on the injured reserve list.

See everyone there:party

nope, no haggis Jimmy :p

you planning on attending??

Bill, will be good to see you and Lisa again, and like I said, I don't expect you to perform grill duties, but feel free to take over if this orrible lot are making a mess of it :rofl

Hey! I was to be a chef before the accident and worked with many angry chefs including my old man.
it's in teh blood:x:twofinger

Favorite dessert...honestly I like simple stuff..pound cake, shortbread, stuff like that. (pie will always be my first love though)
Many hugs!

You can haz pie!

Unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town that weekend and my baking abilities are seriously sub-par, so it looks like I'll be hitting that PayPal link and going to the BBQ in spirit only. :(

Commited to attending a reunion but made a donation through PayPal. Wendy, John and Gwyenne gotz big hearts <3 <3 <3

f(time, money, energy coordinating with lotza people) = love

:thumbup

Last edited:
re-arranging the schedule now so that I/we (possibly the fam) can stop by and meet Adam! :thumbup

Wendy, fabulous dear! John and Gwyenne, can hardly wait to meet such great folks! :love

KazMan
aka - Eric
if it works out correctly, I will be bringing me lemon bars :)

Very cool... :thumbup

This should be great!

Back