• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

That Gia is mocked up with 3 barrel downdrafts, sure that isn't a 6 cylinder Porsche engine?
I am on my phone so hard to get all the details off the engine.
DT

That's not much of a VW/Gia anymore. Maybe that's what makes it cool.
:laughing

Yeah, that's a porsche flat six in a modified Lola T490 chassis. It's not the chassis of the black one though, which was a similar looking Tiga S2000.
It was the chassis under the second (and only other) Ghia body ever made for these. The second body didn't survive the years though. So the guy with the Lola put a more traditional body on it and hillclimbs the beast.

mercedes-benz-sls_amg_black_series_2014_1600x1200_wallpaper_04.jpg

That Gia is mocked up with 3 barrel downdrafts, sure that isn't a 6 cylinder Porsche engine?
I am on my phone so hard to get all the details off the engine.
DT

Just because the valve covers say Porsche....

I believe the first paddle shifting car ever made.

Attachments

• 1995-ferrari-fx.jpg
    1995-ferrari-fx.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 18s3ta9xu1ep8jpg1.jpg
    18s3ta9xu1ep8jpg1.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 103
Paddle shifting was a John Barnard invention for the Ferrari F1 team during the Mansell years. I believe it was first used in the Brazilian GP where Mansell had to come in for a steering wheel change and eventually won the race.

Paddle shifting was a John Barnard invention for the Ferrari F1 team during the Mansell years. I believe it was first used in the Brazilian GP where Mansell had to come in for a steering wheel change and eventually won the race.

I meant in a street car.

The "Andaro" paint of these two colors are a $6000 option. The blue is absolutely amazeballs in person and worth the six grand.

DFCE00F2-48DB-4394-8B2C-3B62FAF26CAF_zpsmsu9i2xf.jpg

2B728A0E-349A-43B7-9FCC-63CA3FDD8381_zpsuwv3mokg.jpg

Thanks Rob!
I love seeing shops like this, it is where I would want to take my car. :)
DT

Thanks Rob!
I love seeing shops like this, it is where I would want to take my car. :)
DT

Lol. I wish it was my shop.

The shop I took those pics at are in American Honda's corporate HQ and training center in Torrance. All the cars in there are company owned with little to no miles on them.

The CBR1100XX in the background there is a 300hp turbocharged beast.

Ok, see that. I didn't click on the photo before. Still, just goes to show that not everything Ferrari does is timeless.

I still love it. Believe only 6 were made.

Back