• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

A few pics from the Sonoma Historic Races on Sunday. Most are overexposed and out of focus. :p

Six more weeks of racing
SHR_ca_014-L.jpg

Sadly Fred passed away Tuesday after suffering a pulmonary incident while driving that car. I didn't know him but he previously worked where I work and everyone was pretty upset.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Went and visited my brother over the weekend and took out his Focus RS and Radical at the track where he belongs. It was a fairly epic weekend.

The radical might be more fun at the track than my bike.

Attachments

• radical small.jpg
    radical small.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 86
  • focus small.jpg
    focus small.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Sadly Fred passed away Tuesday after suffering a pulmonary incident while driving that car. I didn't know him but he previously worked where I work and everyone was pretty upset.

This photo is not Fred. This is Dennis Losher in his Shadow MKII, Fred was driving his Shadow MkIII when ihe incident happened on Friday.

Gorgeous Capri, but...

Back in the day, a guy I went to high school with dropped an aluminum Buick 215 V8 and a Saginaw 4-speed into a '74 (same body style). Had the requisite flares/Libras/TAs. Turned high-14s at Fremont, which was pretty quick in the early '80s, and handled well, as the aluminum motor weighed less than the 2.8 V6 that was originally in the car.

Deciding that high-14s wasn't quick enough, he pulled the Buick and replaced it with a Ford 302 with a C4. Did low-14s, and handled like a pig, with all that weight up front. Granted, this one has aluminum heads, but it's still got the battery under the hood! Way too much front weight bias.

It is pretty, though.

Back