• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

28K for 750hp....that better be some well tuned and reliable HP for that kind of money.

Seems like 750 crank hp should be well within reach with a power adder(s) as suggested above. All at a lot less than 28 large.

Jessyrex probably has a Bowtie lawnmower he got at a garage sale up on blocks in his front yard for $50 that makes that kind of power.

LOL, dick!!!! almost spilled my fucking drink :laughing

Got my block back last week, pretty quick turn around. Said it didn't need an align hone and that the deck was square which I guess is what saved me some time/money. Turned my cam journals down a bit for some more clearance since i guess i only had .0005" with the new bearings :wow. Glad they did that because I didn't even ask them too. Wouldn't have even checked until I started assembly and then i'd have had to drive all the way back there (4 hours or so from my house). Gonna double check all their work (or lack off with the align hone) even though I probably don't need to. Kinda stoked i might make some head way this winter.

On a related note, almost finished up my brakes so I can probably blow this small block up here soon as well :teeth

Go look how long a junkyard turbo LS would last in a marine application. :laughing

Based on the posts I'm seeing, y'all know nothing about the marine universe. :twofinger

The marine application is kinda like the "german" or italian" application. Pay more for perceived quality OR pay more because everyone that buys this shit is conditioned to pay more for it.

I was floored when I found out how much a v6 2T outboard motor cost. You' all are just a bunch of suckers!
:laughing

Last edited:
The new Cadillac CTS V and ATS V's are jaw dropping awesome on the track!
36899674292_6c4223b060_z.jpg

36899664412_38450fd60e_c.jpg

So... Last Wednesday my youngest Son and I flew out to Daytona Beach, Fla to drive the new V series cars from Cadillac at Daytona International Speedway. Talk about checking off a bunch of "Boxes" on the 'ol Bucket list. :teeth

Never been to Daytona, but to get to drive these incredible cars on the High Banks of Daytona. What a pure adrenaline rush!

Watching NASCAR and other forms of race cars on TV just doesn't convey the angle of these huge corners. Driving on the lower, flat apron and looking up at the side of the banks is like looking at a wall. We ran the 3.6 mile road coarse.
36882962416_34cbb14cf3_z.jpg

Had entered a bunch more but when I went to "save" the 'ol BARF :barf . Will add more later.

Last edited:
Jealous. Must have been a fantastic experience. And those Cadillacs are cool.

The marine application is kinda like the "german" or italian" application. Pay more for perceived quality OR pay more because everyone that buys this shit is conditioned to pay more for it.

I was floored when I found out how much a v6 2T outboard motor cost. You' all are just a bunch of suckers!
:laughing

Well, there are a few things...

First, it needs to live in a wet environment. Second, it needs to live at a high load at high rpm all the time and never break down. In commercial boating, a dead engine can mean a dead crew. Third, yes, volumes are massively less than automotive, so prices are high.

However, comparing a turbo junkyard LS to a brand new marine engine is apples and bananas. Compare a brand new, high end endurance racing engine and the gap becomes a bit less.

Boats make most of the cars in this thread seem like children's play toys. Whole different level of money. :p

You are talking to people who like motorcycles. Fancy cars a a stretch for us cheapskates. BOATS? GTFOutta here money bags!

wish I had the coin for a sailboat tho.

Friend of mine bought this last week.

Attachments

• IMG_7874.jpg
    IMG_7874.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 99
It is nice.
The dude has some nice rides for sure.

I offered a quick run up Pagemill and winner takes shit home. My Ducati would smoke him.:laughing :p

Attachments

• IMG_7872.jpg
    IMG_7872.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 101
Friend of mine bought this last week.

I wonder if he's the same guy my buddy's dad was telling me about since that car came from NV.

Did the dealer call up your friend and offer to buy the car back for more than he paid for it because some super high roller came in and said he'd pay whatever they want to get one or something like that?

Jealous. Must have been a fantastic experience. And those Cadillacs are cool.

It was beyond fantastic! :teeth :party

FYI for any Caddy owners look here for a nice ticket package for the ISMA road race series coming to Laguna this Sept. 22-24. Cadillac will be running their DPi-VR cars.
https://www.cadillacvseriesracing.com/products/2017-cadillac-v-performance-corral-at-laguna-seca

Christian Fitipaldi and Joao Barbosa pilot the #5 Mustang Sampling car. They were at Daytona and both were super cool to talk to about the V cars, the IMSA series, and me asking them all kinds of questions about the 2017 Rolex 24 Hour Daytona race, and a bunch more about setting up and exiting corners at Daytona. Awesome Dudes! They also signed my new super :cool Cadillac / Pyrotect helmet. :thumbup (pics coming)

Attachments

• Cad #5 DPi-VR.jpg
    Cad #5 DPi-VR.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Cadillac DPi-VR.jpg
    Cadillac DPi-VR.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I wonder if he's the same guy my buddy's dad was telling me about since that car came from NV.

Did the dealer call up your friend and offer to buy the car back for more than he paid for it because some super high roller came in and said he'd pay whatever they want to get one or something like that?

I will ask him Rob. He does have a house in Reno and the car came from Nevada.

It was beyond fantastic! :teeth :party

FYI for any Caddy owners look here for a nice ticket package for the ISMA road race series coming to Laguna this Sept. 22-24. Cadillac will be running their DPi-VR cars.
https://www.cadillacvseriesracing.com/products/2017-cadillac-v-performance-corral-at-laguna-seca

Christian Fitipaldi and Joao Barbosa pilot the #5 Mustang Sampling car. They were at Daytona and both were super cool to talk to about the V cars, the IMSA series, and me asking them all kinds of questions about the 2017 Rolex 24 Hour Daytona race, and a bunch more about setting up and exiting corners at Daytona. Awesome Dudes! They also signed my new super :cool Cadillac / Protect helmet. :thumbup (pics coming)

Yeah, two more racing events at LS, the Continental Monterey GP and the Pirelli World Challenge in mid-October. Should be cool.

Is this going to cause confusion with the new boat thread?

GeorgeGrayTVguy.jpg

Goodwood Revival is this weekend. Some video highlightss are showing up on YouTube and photos on Petrolicious. Somebody already tossed a Ferrari 250GTO into a wall.

Best is the Goodwood Live stream of the racing on YouTube: https://youtu.be/JUJIIaFG404

Last edited:
Back