• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

The monster SUV's are a PITA. I rented an Excursion back in July to haul family around and it worked great out on the open road but I could hardly find a parking space in the underground parking at my hotel. There were only a half dozen spaces that could fit it and if I got back late they were occupied. I'd end up walking blocks if I had to pickup something instead of driving and losing my parking space.
The MDX's and Highlander's are the perfect size IMO. If you could get them in an 8 cyl they'd be the perfect vehicle.
I dig comfort more than the speed of a sportcar. Obviously if I were loaded I'd have both.

The monster SUV's are a PITA. I rented an Excursion back in July to haul family around and it worked great out on the open road but I could hardly find a parking space in the underground parking at my hotel. There were only a half dozen spaces that could fit it and if I got back late they were occupied. I'd end up walking blocks if I had to pickup something instead of driving and losing my parking space.
The MDX's and Highlander's are the perfect size IMO. If you could get them in an 8 cyl they'd be the perfect vehicle.
I dig comfort more than the speed of a sportcar. Obviously if I were loaded I'd have both.

Highlander dimensions:
193″ L x 76″ W x 68″ H

Jeep Grand Cherokee dimensions:
191″ L x 77″ W x 68″ H

Jeep comes with a V8, or even a turbo diesel that puts out great torque with better gas mileage. 420 ft/lb torque w/ 30 mpg. The V8 gives you 390 ft/lb with 22 mpg. Of course, you pay more for the diesel, which offsets the fuel cost, but if you're keeping it long term it'll pay off after ~ 4-5 years.

I'd agree that the Excursions, Suburbans, Yukon XLs are too big for my liking. If I'm getting something that big it's gonna be a Ram 2500 with the Cummins turbo diesel. For 99% of everything-not-overlanding-with-family, JGC and 4Runners tend to reign supreme.

Last edited:
Forgot about the Grand Cherokee when I made that post, its actually my favorite suv but its not perfect. The seats are too hard, the info screen not far forward enough, and the 5 liter Hemi is a bit weak for this heavy a machine. I was underwhelmed with the acceleration. I wouldn't doubt that my 3.5 liter Acura RDX beats it 0-100.
However the SRT was like a sportscar but its still an suv so it better be comfortable on the long haul and I'm not so sure it would be.

;

Last edited:
look at this beauty! Lol!

1975-Daystar-motorhome.jpg

Dodge-Daystar-motorhome.jpg

The funny thing is, there's one for sale on Craigslist right now... And I'd get it in an instant if i had that kind of fun money sitting around.

Full-ish story.... Only around 16 were ever built, and they were super premium at the time with solid teak wood interiors.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/rvs/d/1975-dodge-daystar/6343746999.html

I am diggin' the new Vantage...

attachment.php

Attachments

• AstonMartin_Vantage_000.jpg
    AstonMartin_Vantage_000.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 85
  • AstonMartin_Vantage_33.jpg
    AstonMartin_Vantage_33.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Shameless plug for my own car (and my father in law playing vroom vroom game):
[youtube]wPOF00O-v48[/youtube]

I still like the Focus RS better than the Civic Type R, it has a cleaner look. The Type R looks too "busy", too many things going on with the styling.

2016-Ford-Focus-RS-103-626x382.jpg

Back