• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Woof! Faster than an F1 car....

To be fair, if an F1 team did the same thing that Porsche did, and toss out the rule book completely to just focus on speed, they could probably make similar gains and retake the title.

To be fair, if an F1 team did the same thing that Porsche did, and toss out the rule book completely to just focus on speed, they could probably make similar gains and retake the title.

I think that's the whole point.
A long time ago, F1 and (long before) MotoGP there were NO rules. The guy with the fastest car/bike won the race, as long as it didn't crash or blow up before the end of the race.

Last edited:
Might as well toss out those brake markers and get a few new ones with single digits.

That car was stuck so fucking hard I thought they sped up the video! :wow

Better have a good head restraint system in that car, whiplash in any direction!

Last edited:
My boss has one of these Radical track cars. Looks something like this.

DSC_2052.jpg

He says it pulls like 2 1/2 Gs in the turns. For a non pro, occasional weekend warrior type driver...doing 2+ Gs has gotta be pretty nuts.

That car was stuck so fucking hard I thought they sped up the video! :wow

Better have a good head restraint system in that car, whiplash in any direction!

Probably velcro your head into a helmet sized slot in the seat back. Then your head smashes around against the inside of the helmet.

I wonder if they have him in a.laying down position like F1.

Probably velcro your head into a helmet sized slot in the seat back. Then your head smashes around against the inside of the helmet.

I wonder if they have him in a.laying down position like F1.

I couldn't find a cut-away of the 919, but the Audi LMP1 is probably close given the rules....

audi_motorsport-130522-4191.jpg

One thing alone might reclaim the record for F1 at Spa: tires. F1 still requires 13" wheels. How long has it been since you owned a car with wheels that tiny? For me, it was my BMW 2002, 35 years ago.

It's interesting to think about innovations that would reappear if the rules permitted: movable aero attached to the suspension outboard of the spring, active suspension, traction control.

all the teams think that 13" tires have more grip and are lighter as a package than 18" tires. that partly why they pushed back so heavily on 18" wheels a few years ago. and its not like the 13" tires havent received development year after year.

maybe that Porsche should get some fatter tires to go even faster.

Last edited:
One thing alone might reclaim the record for F1 at Spa: tires. F1 still requires 13" wheels. How long has it been since you owned a car with wheels that tiny? For me, it was my BMW 2002, 35 years ago.

I thought I was a boss with 15" wheels on my GTI back in the 80s.

tR28wPx.jpg

I couldn't find a cut-away of the 919, but the Audi LMP1 is probably close given the rules....

audi_motorsport-130522-4191.jpg

Interesting. Never thought it would near recumbent bike esque. Is that comfortable to drive that? Guess it wouldn't take long to learn.

I thought I was a boss with 15" wheels on my GTI back in the 80s.

tR28wPx.jpg

You had one? Me too. Koni's, springs (lowered), swaybars, euro round headlight conversion. Loved that thing. I sold it for another VW.

picture.php

Back