• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

No wonder Detroit was failing

Oh, dude, American cars in the 80's were the fucking worst. I don't know if there was anything that didn't look like a turd. Even the Corvette, Camaro and Mustang looked like shit.

Oh, dude, American cars in the 80's were the fucking worst. I don't know if there was anything that didn't look like a turd. Even the Corvette, Camaro and Mustang looked like shit.

You shut your mouth. :twofinger

1988_Ford_Mustang_LX_5.0_Notchback_Coupe_Front_1.jpg

Of course the 80’s gave us the mighty Camero IROC-Z. A car that singlehandedly propelled more mullets and sold more Rush albums (to blast at full volume with the T-tops off of course) than all the other cars combined.

You shut your mouth. :twofinger

1988_Ford_Mustang_LX_5.0_Notchback_Coupe_Front_1.jpg

The 80’s also gave us the Camero’s rival...the mighty five point oh damnit. A car that singlehandedly got more Americans to somewhat attempt to use the metric system than all the other cars combined.

I bought my self a brand new 88 LX with the 5.0 package and a 5 speed....that car went way better than the advertised Hp.
I shut down many a high dollar car with my budget muscle car.....Just don't try to stop one in a hurry..:rofl
DT

The 88 LX 5.0 notch was the first car I truly remember lusting over. The GTs looked stupid to me (still do), but that notchback was a thing of beauty. And yeah, I'm fairly certain Ford didn't list the true power output of those early 5.0s. :laughing

Plenty of great cars in this and the setting for the photo shoot is really clever.

[youtube]dVfBu9XwBfs[/youtube]

When was the last time you saw a Ford Fairmont, after say 1986?

picture.php

The even rarer 2 coupe "sport" model, and it runs... a unicorn if ever there was one.

there is one in town i see, usually parked in the driveway but it does move. flat black, lowered, nascar'd i'd say. it's a mustang under the skin, i want a wagon

3 classics in that photo LOL, fairmont, tbird and volvo.
If it wasn't for the mini van and silver nissan(?) That photo could be 30+ year old.

that year t-bird... i like. probably because my uncle, thus my dirving age cousins, had one with the turbo 2.3 in it. they named it Charlie, because it was silver and reminded them of a tuna?

The 80’s also gave us the Camero’s rival...the mighty five point oh damnit. A car that singlehandedly got more Americans to somewhat attempt to use the metric system than all the other cars combined.

CC-110-010-800-484x350.jpg

lots of metric conversions done because of this one too. 455ci, under 300hp. hahahaha

When was the last time you saw a Ford Fairmont, after say 1986?

picture.php

The even rarer 2 coupe "sport" model, and it runs... a unicorn if ever there was one.

My mom had one of these in the later 70's. Red on red.

Fox body Mustangs beginning in 85' looked good.
Everybody knows you had to be some pedo to like 80's-90's Camaros.

The 88 LX 5.0 notch was the first car I truly remember lusting over. The GTs looked stupid to me (still do), but that notchback was a thing of beauty. And yeah, I'm fairly certain Ford didn't list the true power output of those early 5.0s. :laughing

The HP rating for those were pretty accurate. Those motors were ground pounders with 300ft lb. Above 4000 rpm they ran like a smoker running a marathon breathing through a straw.

Back